• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

HORRORS of OBAMACARE raising HC rates. Not its $11 MONTH!!

274ina

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
(dripping with sarcasm)

$11 a month? Obamacare super-cheap for some, feds find - NBC News.com

Yes that terrible thing called OBAMACARE will cost some people a WHOLE $11 a month for a family of 4 people.

Yes you will be FORCED to drop your CEO CARE at $1500 month and get the new OBAMACARE..............

And since you cant get dumped anymore, gee, I just dont know what to do.........its going to be terrible.............

Yes that terrible thing called OBAMACARE will cost some people a WHOLE $11 a month for a family of 4 people.

Yes you will be FORCED to drop your CEO CARE at $1500 month and get the new OBAMACARE..............

And since you cant get dumped anymore, gee, I just dont know what to do.........its going to be terrible.............

Thankfully I have a Union Contract that ensures I will have Company-sponsored care through May 11th, 2017. At that point it could be terrible.... because I WILL NOT, under any circumstances, purchase Government mandated healthcare insurance. I would rather pay out of pocket or simply not get the medical services I need.

'Could' is the key word here.

Several years ago I had a personal health insurance policy with a $10,000 deductible and it cost me $100 + per month.

I'm thinking these families are going to get a whole lot less coverage for that ridiculous amount.

I'm thinking these families are going to get a whole lot less coverage for that ridiculous amount.

Not necessarily, because the Government is going to end up funding the rest of it. That way in 2-3 years when this is a miserable failure, they can push for a total "National Healthcare System" with little change in the taxes necessary, because they will have already been increased by the ACA.

Not necessarily, because the Government is going to end up funding the rest of it. That way in 2-3 years when this is a miserable failure, they can push for a total "National Healthcare System" with little change in the taxes necessary, because they will have already been increased by the ACA.

Deceitful bastards...8)

Deceitful bastards...8)

Not really. In fact several have commented on it publicly. Even if they hadn't, basic common sense can ses where this is headed.

Plus, every system of universal healthcare costs way, way less than ours.

Plus, every system of universal healthcare costs way, way less than ours.

This cannot necessarily be attributed to the system that was implemented wherever. Correlation is not causation. Our health care costs have climbed for a lot of different reasons, and bringing them back down (which PPACA does NOT DO) will be painful and difficult, no matter how we go about it.

Research the average costs of outpatient clinic care in the US and abroad. This happens to be pretty much the only type of care to which we do NOT entitle the poor and uninsured. What will you find with respect to the cost of these types of services? Not only is US outpatient clinic care the most expensive of its kind in the world, it's MORE THAN TWICE as expensive as the 2nd most expensive in the world, which is Sweden.

How do we reduce costs and expenditures on care by simply entitling people to it universally? The act of entitling everyone to that already-astronomically-priced care, by itself, makes the problem much, much worse immediately. It would have to be coupled with drastic controls on other aspects of that care, such as by government price-setting or something (which would absolutely cause reorganization, down-sizing and closure of many outpatient clinics that have grown up accustomed to much larger revenue streams and higher fees for services).

Last edited:
'Could' is the key word here.

Several years ago I had a personal health insurance policy with a $10,000 deductible and it cost me $100 + per month.

They will get the same coverge as all other people. Because all plans must meet a basic mininum now, and be REAL plans that cover all.

So where are you 274ina? Certainly you've signed up for Obamacare by now. How much are your premiums and what is your coverage?

So where are you 274ina? Certainly you've signed up for Obamacare by now. How much are your premiums and what is your coverage?

Inquiring minds are curious....

Plus, every system of universal healthcare
costs way, way less than ours.

Hard to reduce healthcare cost when 20 million legls are allowed to infiltrate our Country and use the ER as their version of socialized medicine.

Hard to control cost when Government mandates coverage that cause the Insurance companies to spread out the higher cost.

Price shifting ....look it up.

And I'm pretty sure all of those "cheap universal healthcare systems" are starting to suspend coverage for imigrants who don't belong.

So where are you 274ina? Certainly you've signed up for Obamacare
by now. How much are your premiums and what is your coverage?

Hers are free, and she has justifed that by buying into the false narrative of "eath the rich".

According to her, they SHOULD pay, and it shouldn't stop at healthcare

Back
Top Bottom