• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Horrid Little Snowflakes

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Oh, little snowflakes, when did you all become grandmothers and society matrons, clutching your pearls in horror at someone who has an opinion about something, a way of expressing themselves that's not the mirror image of yours, you snivelling little weak-ass narcissists? The high moral tone from social justice warriors is always out of scale with what they are indignant about. When did this hideous and probably nerve-wracking way of living begin transforming you into the authoritarian language police, with your strict set of little rules and manufactured outrage, demanding apologies from every sandwich or salad you didn't like?

It's impossible to express oneself honestly and not run afoul of these pathetic little Stalinist bastards.

Read Bret Easton Ellis' excoriating monologue on social justice warriors and political correctness | Culture | The Independent

Please note that "snowflake" has apparently been added to the slur/protected group list. ;)

Last edited:
It's impossible to express oneself honestly and not run afoul of these pathetic little Stalinist bastards.

Read Bret Easton Ellis' excoriating monologue on social justice warriors and political correctness | Culture | The Independent

Great article, thanks for posting it.

As the saying goes... I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

If an argument or POV has true merit, it doesn't need a "safe space" to retreat to. It stands on its own, and can tolerate-- even welcome--criticism.

As the saying goes... I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

If an argument or POV has true merit, it doesn't need a "safe space" to retreat to. It stands on its own, and can tolerate-- even welcome--criticism.

So in other words nothing Trump has said has true merit, judging from the way he reacts to criticism, right?

So in other words nothing Trump has said has true merit, judging from the way he reacts to criticism, right?

What article were you reading? I was replying to the one in the OP... :confused:

Yes, Trump has a real problem with criticism. He's currently going down in flames over that. If he doesn't stop the nonsense he will crash and burn.

Yes, Trump has a real problem with criticism. He's currently going down in flames over that. If he doesn't stop the nonsense he will crash and burn.

Given the latest polls, he's on fire.

Agreed. And that's what a whole lot of PC people don't want to have: a conversation. They just want to shut down the opposition from being able to engage in a dialogue with them.

Agreed. And that's what a whole lot of PC people don't want to have: a conversation. They just want to shut down the opposition from being able to engage in a dialogue with them.

This happened recently when some scientists petitioned the administration to sue other scientists that questioned or disagreed with what was being touted as absolute proof of global warming - which is actually currently still considered to be a theory that is being studied because the results sometimes don't match the hoped for outcome! When the thought of potentially receiving lots of money is at stake for a few, though, I suppose it was inevitable. Too bad for everyone else that will be made to pay higher utility bills as a result! IOW, if you aren't among the elite, you should just STHU? :bs:

What article were you reading? I was replying to the one in the OP... :confused:

I'm responding to your comment about how if an argument has merit it can tolerant criticism, and the fact that Trump tolerates criticism about as well as my cat tolerates the hose.

He's already started crashing and burning. Which means we'll get Hilary as president, unfortunately.

I'm responding to your comment about how if an argument has merit it can tolerant criticism, and the fact that Trump tolerates criticism about as well as my cat tolerates the hose.

:lamo

Fair enough. :mrgreen:

You are absolutely right. I'm not "with Her," by any stretch. But she was spot on at the DNC when she said "A man you can bait with a tweet shouldn't be trusted with nukes.". (Or something along those lines)

IMO, Hillary or not, Trump is beating *Trump*. He is his own worst enemy...

:lamo

Fair enough. :mrgreen:

You are absolutely right. I'm not "with Her," by any stretch. But she was spot on at the DNC when she said "A man you can bait with a tweet shouldn't be trusted with nukes.". (Or something along those lines)

IMO, Hillary or not, Trump is beating *Trump*. He is his own worst enemy...

That's true. He also hates listening to anyone else, so there really isn't anybody to stop him from shooting off his mouth and sinking himself.

The Republicans could have run pretty much anybody else and beaten Hilary, but Trump's antics.....

That's true. He also hates listening to anyone else, so there really isn't anybody to stop him from shooting off his mouth and sinking himself.

The Republicans could have run pretty much anybody else and beaten Hilary, but Trump's antics.....

I don't know, the other 16 candidates were a snore fest.

I am sure you have proof of this.

I assume you are giving him credit for building his company to where it is now because he didn't listen to anybody.

He deserves all the credit 100%, right.

I am sure you have proof of this.

I assume you are giving him credit for building his company to where it is now because he didn't listen to anybody.

He deserves all the credit 100%, right.

I think his dad giving him a million bucks just to start with might have played a fairly major role in Trump managing to build an empire. If anything, that's why he doesn't like to listen to anybody else. He thinks that because of his buisnesses(the ones that haven't gone bankrupt, anyway) that he's smarter then everybody else

I think his dad giving him a million bucks just to start with might have played a fairly major role in Trump managing to build an empire. If anything, that's why he doesn't like to listen to anybody else. He thinks that because of his buisnesses(the ones that haven't gone bankrupt, anyway) that he's smarter then everybody else

You just showed you have no idea how a business is run.

Congratulations.

B y the way 1 million is nothing in the New York real estate market.

You just showed you have no idea how a business is run.

Congratulations.

B y the way 1 million is nothing in the New York real estate market.

There's no chance I'd get a million bucks from my parents to start me off. Nor anybody I know.

Obviously you haven't been paying attention to Trump's antics if you think he listens to anybody.m

There's no chance I'd get a million bucks from my parents to start me off. Nor anybody I know.

Obviously you haven't been paying attention to Trump's antics if you think he listens to anybody.m

You think that if he got a million dollars (Chump change in the real estate business) that he wouldn't need to listen to anyone? Ironically you're acting like Trump, you don't know when to quit making a fool of yourself :lamo

You think that if he got a million dollars (Chump change in the real estate business) that he wouldn't need to listen to anyone? Ironically you're acting like Trump, you don't know when to quit making a fool of yourself :lamo

Seeing as your one of the posters who are constantly whining about liberals this and liberals that, you really don't have any room to talk whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom