• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hoping the VEEP debate comes off as scheduled: Wednesday, Oct. 7, 9 pm (ET)

Trippy Trekker

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal

It's said Harris is prepping for the debates by practicing with former presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg who's posing as Pence in mock debates, according to Bloomberg. Two people behind the scenes said to the outlet, "because of his familiarity with the vice president" since Buttigieg was mayor of South Bend when Pence was the governor of Indiana.

Besides familiarity with Pence, Buttigieg brings a very high degree of skill and intelligence to any debate setting. IMO, he often shined in the primary debates.

The VP debate will be at the University of Utah.
The debate will be at Kingsbury Hall on President's Circle at the university Wednesday, October 7, 2020. The co-chairman of the Commission on Presidential Debates, Frank J. Fahrenkopf, says the event will be smaller than usual. According to The Salt Lake Tribune, there won't be more than 150 to 200 people on-site.

Susan Page will moderate the event.
........ She's covered the White House for four decades and through six presidencies and is now covering her 11th presidential campaign. "The debates are a crucial part of making our democracy work, and I am honored to participate," said Page to USA TODAY.

After President Trump, Melania Trump, and Hope Hicks all tested positive for COVID-19 in early October, Pence and his wife Karen tested negative for the virus. Separately, Harris also tested negative for the virus. Both Harris and Pence, along with Biden, tweeted their well wishes for the president and his family. It's possible that Harris-Pence debate, which is scheduled for just days after the Trumps' positive result, may go ahead as scheduled in spite of the news—although Pence may now wear a mask, given that Harris will no doubt be doing so and in light of outrage over the possibility of Trump giving Biden the virus at the first presidential debate. (By comparison, the second town-hall debate between Biden and Trump will most certainly be cancelled or postponed, because it occurs at the tail-end of the president's mandated quarantine period.)

Unless either Pence or Harris report a Positive Covid-19 test result between now and the scheduled debate, I expect the debate to come off as scheduled.
The Trump Campaign senses the need for an October "Game Changing" event.

Any thoughts?

Pence will probably seek out to get infected so he does not have to face her.

I understand the podium's will be 13 feet apart rather than the 8 feet for the Trump/Biden debate.

She's tough and quick on her feet. Pence always reminds me of a sleazy Sunday morning television preacher.

Try as I might, I just can't picture Mike Pence intimidating Kamala.

Besides familiarity with Pence, Buttigieg brings a very high degree of skill and intelligence to any debate setting. IMO, he often shined in the primary debates.

Unless either Pence or Harris report a Positive Covid-19 test result between now and the scheduled debate, I expect the debate to come off as scheduled.
The Trump Campaign senses the need for an October "Game Changing" event.

Any thoughts?
And they're both Indiana boys!

Are we sure Pence's wife has approved him being on stage with anther woman?

Back
Top Bottom