• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Honoring those who gave their lives for America

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
This weekend, while we are all having bar-b-que, or otherwise celebrating Memorial Day, let's take a little time out to remember who this holiday is for. America would not be here without them.

Here is a toast to the fallen. God bless each and every one of you.

Indeed - bitter sweet for our family.

Another toast to the gone but not forgotten.

Of all our allied nations too might I add. I treasure the lives of all the lives lost in the conflicts for which we are a part. The British in Iraq and Afganistan, the Canadians in Afganistan, and the Americans in Afganistan and Iraq. R.I.P. you brave souls, who did what I may not be able to do.

Thank you for starting this thread.
Unfortunately the vet is a side note on this weekend. Many it is just that three day weekend to start the summer.

So many boys and girls too have given their lives at such young, young ages. Every house should have Old Glory out in front of it today. I wish I could look down my block and see a line of flags flying but it is just one other than mine out today.

mdayImage1.jpg

Thank you for your sacrifice.

Let's not forget these guys either. They are overlooked, but have saved many a soldier's life, sometimes while losing theirs. A dog's love is a pure love.
5Qs83.jpg

We were in silverdollar city over the weekend. The opening ceromony was a patriotic tribute to our veterans. It was a moving tribute and the crowd was united in support of all the veterans attending. The ceromony itsself was worth the drive. No democrats or republicans, just AMERICANS.

In Canada we have Remembrance Day, but I've always used that day to also remember the people in my life who impacted me greatly. I would like to see the day expanded to include anyone who has served their country and died in the process, military or otherwise. I would like to see it include people from the most dangerous jobs whose services our countries could not be sustained without. That of course includes the military.

Back
Top Bottom