• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Honolulu Senior Elections Clerk Says Barack Obama was Not Born in Hawaii

In other words, Stanley A. Durham would have had to be atleast 19 years old when she gave birth to her son, Barack, provided said birth took place overseas. So, now all the conspiracy theorists need is proof that the man was born outside the U.S. Provide the 100% iron clad proof and I'm on that band wagon!!

That's all neither here nor there. This is most amusing then most thing to me, and posting the "lastest birther stuff" can be a fun diversion. IF someone were to have no **** proof Obama wasn't born in Hawaii... why the hell they holding on to it for so damned long???

"IF someone were to have no **** proof Obama wasn't born in Hawaii... why the hell (are) they holding onto it for so damned long???"

A double-negative if ever there was one...

You can't hold onto something you don't have, nor can you present something you don't possess. So, again, if anyone can provide absolute, iron clad proof that Pres. Obama was born overseas I'm on that "his U.S. citizenship couldn't be confer onto him by his mother, he's not a natural-born citizen...impeach him and kick him out of the White House" bandwagon. Until then...

"IF someone were to have no **** proof Obama wasn't born in Hawaii... why the hell (are) they holding onto it for so damned long???"

A double-negative if ever there was one...

You can't hold onto something you don't have, nor can you present something you don't possess. So, again, if anyone can provide absolute, iron clad proof that Pres. Obama was born overseas I'm on that "his U.S. citizenship couldn't be confer onto him by his mother, he's not a natural-born citizen...impeach him and kick him out of the White House" bandwagon. Until then...

the **** denoted a curse word.

Would it make more sense to you like this?

IF someone were to have undeniable proof Obama wasn't born in Hawaii... why the hell they holding onto it for so damned long???"
For the record, I was having a bit of grammatically incorrect fun by leaving "are" out of the sentence. I do not require the services of a grammar nazi.

Last edited:
I don't understand why so many people are concerned with his birth, parents, blah blah blah. It's done, it's over he's the president. Get over with it. Cope with life for Pete's sake. Things are not always right or the way you want to be. Also, that clerk maybe a conservative, a puppet, or was paid by Republicans to say the thing that he allegedly said. Big deal.

In other words, Stanley A. Durham would have had to be atleast 19 years old when she gave birth to her son, Barack, provided said birth took place overseas. So, now all the conspiracy theorists need is proof that the man was born outside the U.S. Provide the 100% iron clad proof and I'm on that band wagon!!

Absolute proof that Obama was born overseas will never happen. Likewise, absolute proof that Obama was born in Hawaii will never happen. Reality is that neither of us will ever know "absolutely" where the little fella was born.

But the fact is that Obama by all indications does have a valid birth certificate from Hawaii. So his "natural born citizenship" requirement is therefore fulfilled.

Which doesn't/shouldn't preclude us from having academic discussion on plausible possible scenarios. ;)

The physical location of his birth is not important.

My daugher was born in Cuba, but to American citizens, HER PARENTS. She is a citizen of the USA, period.
Obama could have been born anywhere. He is a citizen due to his mother's citizenship....

One would think that Alcoa stock would be peaking, what with all the tin foil hats being worn in this country....

The tinfoil hatters cite some archaic, now-defunct law that applied to the state of Hawaii only, by which an American mother who gives birth in a foreign country cannot confer automatic citizenship upon her child if she's under the age of 21.
Stanley Ann Dunham was 19 years old when she gave birth to Obama.

:roll:

The physical location of his birth is not important.

Yes it is. It is the only criteria that qualifies him for citizenship.....

The maternal age law is no longer in effect, is it?
His race alone probably would've "disqualified him by law" in previous times.
His parents' union was still illegal in 13 states the year he was born.
We no longer have discriminatory laws.
Should we hold people to them today, even though they've been done away with?

I was the second gunman on the grassy knoll. Obama was born next to me while I was assassinating JFK.

I was the second gunman on the grassy knoll. Obama was born next to me while I was assassinating JFK.

Am dialing the phone as we speak and you are sooooooo busted.....!!!

The maternal age law is no longer in effect, is it?
His race alone probably would've "disqualified him by law" in previous times.
His parents' union was still illegal in 13 states the year he was born.
We no longer have discriminatory laws.
Should we hold people to them today, even though they've been done away with?

What in gawd's name are you talking about? This has nothing to do with race.....:roll:

You don't have to be born on American soil to be born a citizen.

Am dialing the phone as we speak and you are sooooooo busted.....!!!

Forget it. Hoover was in on it. Who do you think gave me the gun?

What in gawd's name are you talking about? This has nothing to do with race.....:roll:

In the hypothetical event that Obama was born somewhere else besides in the US, his mother's irrefutable US citizenship would still make him a US citizen.... except for a now-defunct and rather inexplicable law regarding her age.
That law is no longer in effect, so why should it be held against him now?

When Obama was born, there were laws against people with his skin tone riding in the front of buses or sitting at white lunch counters in many southern states.
Should we still forbid Obama from doing these things, simply because these senseless and now-defunct laws were in effect on the day of his birth?

If not, then why should we hold the "maternal age" one against him?
His mother was a US citizen, therefore he is, regardless of where he was born, regardless of her age at the time.

I am hearing some rather bizarre and contradictory stories on this thread, including one that she was sixteen when he was born, and another that he was born in Kenya, and a third one (probably true) that Obama's parents were never legally married.
It doesn't seem that all of these things could possibly be true; do you really think an unmarried 16-year-old's parents would allow her to travel to Kenya to give birth? And how could she get out of the country without their permission?
The fact that she was attending the University of Hawaii at the time she met Barack Obama Senior also casts doubt on the story that she was sixteen. Did she graduate high school at fourteen? :roll:

It's pretty irrefutable that she was a legal adult- by today's standards- when she gave birth to her son.
Legal adult Americans confer their American citizenship upon their children, wherever they happen to be when they give birth.

Last edited:
You don't have to be born on American soil to be born a citizen.

Am reasonably familiar with the subject. Can you elaborate on exactly what point you are trying to make...?

In the hypothetical event that Obama was born somewhere else besides in the US, his mother's irrefutable US citizenship would still make him a US citizen.... except for a now-defunct and rather inexplicable law regarding her age.
That law is no longer in effect, so why should it be held against him now?

When Obama was born, there were laws against people with his skin tone riding in the front of buses or sitting at white lunch counters in many southern states.
Should we still forbid Obama from doing these things, simply because these senseless and now-defunct laws were in effect on the day of his birth?

If not, then why should we hold the "maternal age" one against him?
His mother was a US citizen, therefore he is, regardless of where he was born, regardless of her age at the time.

I am hearing some rather bizarre and contradictory stories on this thread, including one that she was sixteen when he was born, and another that he was born in Kenya, and a third one (probably true) that Obama's parents were never legally married.
It doesn't seem that all of these things could possibly be true; do you really think an unmarried 16-year-old's parents would allow her to travel to Kenya to give birth? And how could she get out of the country without their permission?
The fact that she was attending the University of Hawaii at the time she met Barack Obama Senior also casts doubt on the story that she was sixteen. Did she graduate high school at fourteen? :roll:

It's pretty irrefutable that she was a legal adult- by today's standards- when she gave birth to her son.

Not aware one way or the other whether the laws have changed recently. The applicable laws regarding the need for his mother to be a certain age would be the ones that were in place at the time of his birth.

As for the rest of your post. Not sure where to go with any of that....:confused:

Not aware one way or the other whether the laws have changed recently. The applicable laws regarding the need for his mother to be a certain age would be the ones that were in place at the time of his birth.

As for the rest of your post. Not sure where to go with any of that....:confused:

If the "applicable laws are the ones in effect at the time of his birth", does that mean he shouldn't be allowed to sit at a white lunch counter, drink out of a white fountain, or use the same public restroom as whites?

And if not, why should another now-defunct law prevent him from doing something that he, as the American son of an American mother, should have every right to do, ie serve in the office we the American people elected him to?

Last edited:
If the "applicable laws are the ones in effect at the time of his birth", does that mean he shouldn't be allowed to sit at a white lunch counter, drink out of a white fountain, or use the same public restroom as whites?

And if not, why should another now-defunct law prevent him from doing something that he, as the American son of an American mother, should have every right to do, ie serve in the office we the American people elected him to?

The topic is citizenship. Nothing to do with race. Come on back down to Earth....

The topic is citizenship. Nothing to do with race. Come on back down to Earth....

The topic is whether we should still enforce laws that are now defunct, to prevent people from doing things that were against the law when they were born but are now legal.

If- hypothetically- Obama's American mother, Stanley Dunham, happened to be traveling abroad at the time of his birth, and if some pointless, discriminatory, and now-defunct (because pointless and discriminatory) law prevented him from being considered an "American citizen" because his mother was only nineteen years old at the time he was born, why should we still enforce that law? It is no longer on the books.

And if we do choose to still enforce it, even though it is no longer in effect, then I guess we'd have to enforce other now-defunct laws which were in effect during the same time period: Jim Crow laws. Laws against miscegenation. And many others.

The topic is whether we should still enforce laws that are now defunct, to prevent people from doing things that were against the law when they were born but are now legal.

If- hypothetically- Obama's American mother, Stanley Dunham, happened to be traveling abroad at the time of his birth, and if some pointless, discriminatory, and now-defunct (because pointless and discriminatory) law prevented him from being considered an "American citizen" because his mother was only nineteen years old at the time he was born, why should we still enforce that law? It is no longer on the books.

And if we do choose to still enforce it, even though it is no longer in effect, then I guess we'd have to enforce other now-defunct laws which were in effect during the same time period: Jim Crow laws. Laws against miscegenation. And many others.

Thing is, 1069, IF Obama were born off US Soil, he would not have been a US Citizen at birth, he would have been either a Kenyan or Brit as per his father, whom COULD bestow citizenship on his child. That's where all of your commentary falls apart. And were gonna ignore you trying to play the race card, no one is biting so stop.

No he wasn't. Stop lying. I was in the hospital in Honolulu. We watched Ms. Tereshkova fly off into space that day. Secretly, she contacted the Magical Space Pandas who live in the center of the sun and came back with a message that Obama is actually the reincarnation of their greatest leader, "Panda Not Born of Panda." It also read that one day he will steal a special weapon that cost trillions to take back in time to win the galatic war aganist the Empire. That's where all of the stimulus, health care, Iraq and Afghanistan money is going. To fund the weapon to take back in time to save the Universe.

Honest truth. He was totally not there in Dallas. You may have assassinated JFK, but little boy Obama wasn't there. The magical space pandas made sure of that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom