• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Homosexuals want to remove “mother” and “father” from all birth certificates[W57]

Non-Story. Enough Said.

If by "one small group" you meant the fictional handful of gays trying to remove names entirely from birth certificates, then that's the misunderstanding. It appeared you meant gays because the subject was anti gay sentiment.

Apparently there is a lot of misunderstanding going on...

Apparently there is a lot of misunderstanding going on...

Ok then. You agree that had you meant gays, and not the fictional handful presented in the OP title, it would be anti gay, right? So then you see what we were seeing.

Ok then. You agree that had you meant gays, and not the fictional handful presented in the OP title, it would be anti gay, right? So then you see what we were seeing.

:lol:

On a more important note... Magic Johnson is the greatest NBA player ever.

Now don't run me out of town, but I see the point. Could birth certificates not simply list "parents"? Would that be so terrible?

How about options? Parent. Mother. Father. Adopted. Co-Parent. Etc? I want to be father.

Although I am a parent I am extremely proud to be the father and I want it listed as such. Even more so not that I am a single father.

How about options? Parent. Mother. Father. Adopted. Co-Parent. Etc? I want to be father.

Although I am a parent I am extremely proud to be the father and I want it listed as such. Even more so not that I am a single father.

I'm all for options. You raise an excellent point.

I'm all for options. You raise an excellent point.

The legislator mis-quoted in the OP title/link wants "Mother/Parent" and "Father/Parent", as per South Carolina.

The legislator mis-quoted in the OP title/link wants "Mother/Parent" and "Father/Parent", as per South Carolina.
No.
That is what the article said he supports.
It did not say that is what he proposed or what was approved

What was proposed by him was the following.

Code:
84R840 JSC-F

By: Anchia 	H.B. No. 537

A BILL TO BE ENTITLED

AN ACT

relating to the information on the supplementary birth certificate of an adopted child.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF TEXAS:

SECTION 1.  Section 192.008(a), Health and Safety Code, is amended to read as follows:
(a)  The supplementary birth certificate of an adopted child must be in the names of [U]both[/U] [[s]the[/s]]
adoptive parents[[s], one of whom must be a female, named as the mother, and the other of whom
must be a male, named as the father[/s]]. This subsection does not prohibit a single individual, male
or female, from adopting a child. Copies of the child's birth certificates or birth records may not disclose
that the child is adopted.

SECTION 2.  The change in law made by this Act applies only to a supplementary birth certificate issued on
or after the effective date of this Act. A supplementary birth certificate issued before the effective date of 
this Act is covered by the law in effect immediately before the effective date of this Act, and the former law 
is continued in effect for that purpose.

SECTION 3.  This Act takes effect September 1, 2015.

[url=http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlodocs/84R/billtext/html/HB00537I.htm]84(R) HB 537 - Introduced version - Bill Text[/url]

This was the House Committee's Substitute, which was approved after the Blogger made his entry.

Code:
SECTION 1. Section 192.008, Health and Safety Code, is amended by adding Subsection (a-1) to read as follows:

(a-1) The supplementary birth certificate of an adopted child must be in the names of both adoptive parents, as
reflected on the certificate of adoption, unless the child is adopted by a single individual. Copies of the child's birth
certificates or birth records may not disclose that the child is adopted.

SECTION 2. Section 192.008(a), Health and Safety Code, is repealed.

SECTION 3. Same as introduced version.

SECTION 4. Same as introduced version.

[url=http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlodocs/84R/analysis/html/HB00537H.htm]84(R) HB 537 - Committee Report (Substituted) version - Bill Analysis[/url]

No.
That is what the article said he supports.
It did not say that is what he proposed or what was approved

What was proposed by him was the following.

So the "one must be female and one must be male" was removed. That's NOT "removing the mother and father from all birth certificates". You claimed the Dallas article was linked in the blog, and it clearly states "Mother/Parent" and "Father/Parent" as per South Carolina.

Let's be honest. The OP title and link title is a pile of BS intended to inflame anti gay sentiment. Case closed.

Like lyrics from a song they played on Jerry Falwell Sr's "Old Time Gospel Hour" regarding that term: If it's good enough for the preacher, it's good enough for me. The term militant homosexual has been in common use since the 1970s. I don't see a reason to be burdened by recent "political correctness".

Pat Robertson has been also using the term for decades.

Well, if Pat Robertson has been using it, it must be hunky dory. It's not like Pat Robertson is a retrograde asshole who has, in the past, implied that Hurricane Katrina was God's retribution for America's abortion policies or that the Haitian earthquake was (there it is again) God's punishment for Haiti's leaders making a "pact with the Devil" to escape French servitude. No sane person could ever hold those views, amirite?

**** Pat Robertson straight up his self righteous ass. He's a piece of garbage.

I want to be father. What is the harm in that? Obviously none so leave the term there.

And you can be. Nobody is saying "make it illegal for the word 'father' to appear on a birth certificate." You're tilting at windmills here, Don Q.

Great no look pass...

Hell yeah, and he could play any position on the court. Only one other guy I can say that about, and his name rhymes with JeBron Flames.

That said, I wouldn't say Magic is the best ever. Definitely top 5 though.

KOBIE'S TOP 5 ALL-TIME NBA PLAYERS:
1. Michael Jordan
2. Magic Johnson
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
4. Bill Russell
5. Oscar Robertson

6-10, in no particular order, is LeBron, Bird, Kobe, Wilt and Hakeem Olajuwon, who I think is almost criminally underrated.

So the "one must be female and one must be male" was removed. That's NOT "removing the mother and father from all birth certificates". You claimed the Dallas article was linked in the blog, and it clearly states "Mother/Parent" and "Father/Parent" as per South Carolina.
I claimed?
What I claimed was correct. The Dallas article was linked to in the blog.
That is where you got the false notion of what was proposed even though it only said he supported that.
Not the same thing.

As I quoted from the article to you...

For the past four legislative sessions, state Rep. Rafael Anchia, D-Dallas, has tried to help those families. Anchia has sponsored legislation to require gender-neutral language in birth certificates. Each time, his bill failed.
Gay parents push to get both names on birth certificates | Dallas Morning News

"... to require gender-neutral language in birth certificates".

What the blog reported was the following.

Earlier this year, Rep. Rafael Anchia introduced HB 537 which would have removed of the words “Mother” and “Father” from Texas adoption birth certificates.

As written, his report is accurate, as simply using their names would be gender neutral.

So, as written, before it was approved, the claim was correct.

What matters is how it would have been implemented. But we will never know now as that language was not passed.

Let's be honest. The OP title and link title is a pile of BS intended to inflame anti gay sentiment.
That is not being honest.
That is you interpreting by assumption what another is doing.

Last edited:
It's good common sense legislation. If the adoptive parents are listed in the child's birth certificate as that child's parents....then listing the adoptive parents as "name of mother" and 'name of father" does not meet the reality of adoption in Texas.

Same Sex couples adopt in Texas....there is no mother or father. There is a place for the names of the biological mother and father....but they are not the legal guardians of record by the State of Texas.

This is sound legislation that addresses the reality of the times.

nonsense. a child should have their biological parents listed as they may want to know at some point. this is just pandering and not good legislation

oh so by that train of thought that magically changings facts . . .

wasnt it alabama that just last year or two they were trying to decided whether to ban interracial marriage again? it was sponsored by people in position of power. So are you claiming that it would be accurate to say Alabamians want interracial marriage to be illegal? or again according to the logic you just displayed, (even though this was in texas you say it taints the whole group) since they were republican i could say Republicans dont want interracial marriage to be legal. RIght?

Tell us that cool cookoo line again and let the excuse train start how this is "magically" different

the title is either WRONG or by your logic its just fine to say republicans dont want interracial marriage to be legal and disagreeing with that is "cookoo"

:popcorn2:

if your entire point is the thread title is click bait - you win.

but that doesn't make the bill idiotic as well.

1.)if your entire point is the thread title is click bait - you win.

2.)but that doesn't make the bill idiotic as well.

1.) no that was a point I made elsewhere. My entire point to you was that your statement and its insinuation was completely false.
So now you can admit that your statement was false, admit you misspoke or defend your flawed logic and apply it to other matters. By your logic the statement "Republicans want interracial marriage to be illegal" is a good statement and anybody that thinks otherwise is cookoo . . right?

so is that a sound statement? yes or no

2.) yes just about everybody here said the bill would be stupid if the title was accurate.

nonsense. a child should have their biological parents listed as they may want to know at some point. this is just pandering and not good legislation

Where did I state the biological parents should not be listed?

...There is a place for the names of the biological mother and father....but they are not the legal guardians of record by the State of Texas.

Hell yeah, and he could play any position on the court. Only one other guy I can say that about, and his name rhymes with JeBron Flames.

That said, I wouldn't say Magic is the best ever. Definitely top 5 though.

KOBIE'S TOP 5 ALL-TIME NBA PLAYERS:
1. Michael Jordan
2. Magic Johnson
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
4. Bill Russell
5. Oscar Robertson

6-10, in no particular order, is LeBron, Bird, Kobe, Wilt and Hakeem Olajuwon, who I think is almost criminally underrated.

I somehow left Duncan out of my Top 10, which is inexcusable. Replace Hakeem with Duncan and call it a day.

Back
Top Bottom