• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

homosexuality potentially punishable by death

Homosexuality should be punishable by death!

• Good idea

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Bad idea

Votes: 25 45.5%
  • Uganda's government should be put to death

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • Bad idea... religion is to blame.

Votes: 18 32.7%

• Total voters
Is the impetus behind this bill common homophobia, religiosity, what is it?

Is the impetus behind this bill common homophobia, religiosity, what is it?

I assume both. Uganda is a Christian country, though I am making no anti-Christian message here. Just anti-Bigot or anti-Stupid. The names of homsexuals wtih their pictures were published, and people have been attacked as a result. The author wants the homosexuals investigated, arrested and hung, and many people there agree. A crowd gathered outside of some lesbians home and attacked them and their house with rocks. I know there are idiots everywhere, but the issue in Uganda is that they are trying to make it a law and they are publishing that crap and people are getting attacked and the attackers are not being arrested. Amazing.

...yet, America get's all the crap from people like Maximus Zeebra and the America Haters.

Last edited:
Reactions: mac
odd, one man in Arkansas says gays should kill themselves and it is an indictment of all christianity but the govt of a predominantly muslim country wants to make homosexuality punishable by death and people don't want to make "anti-islamic" comments. the double standard in our overly PC society is appalling.

It'd be intellectually false to indite an entire religion of 1.5 billion based on the mad orthodoxy of one national unit in one geographic area. It is likely more of an ethnic/cultural issue than an islamic one.
The anti-PC movement is the movement of the ignorants and duh-duh's of western society. The rational occupy a middle ground where a dialogue and reason can be had. Sorry, your stubbornness will only result in the loss of face for you against a brick wall of institutions built on battling centuries of bigotry and ignorance.

112 votes saying it's a good idea?? Of course executing Homosexuals is a terrible idea!

In Uganda the government has had some great success combating AIDS with their various programs, including abstinence programs and anti-homosexual programs. But no Christian should be in favor of executing people for being a different brand of sinners than they are.

Someones messing with the poll. For what effect we can only guess.

112 votes saying it's a good idea?? Of course executing Homosexuals is a terrible idea!
I think someone was spamming the poll, I've never seen 112 votes in ANY poll here, let alone one that's only been up for a few hours.

odd, one man in Arkansas says gays should kill themselves and it is an indictment of all christianity but the govt of a predominantly muslim country wants to make homosexuality punishable by death and people don't want to make "anti-islamic" comments. the double standard in our overly PC society is appalling.

I made a mis-statement. Uganda is a major Christian country. I was thinking of Sudan when I made that comment. Point of fact, I think that there are MASSIVE issues with many aspects of Islam. Oppressive. Repressive. Bigotry. Etc. But there are massive issues with fundamentalist Christians as well. Difference is, Christians don't run countries llike Muslims do, for the most part. There is no equivalent.

Someones messing with the poll. For what effect we can only guess.

Jeez... what a waste of time. People just state what you think, especially if you are in favour of death for homo's. Apparently the poll is meaningless.

Uganda is a predominately Christian country.

For that matter, this bill was made possible thanks to the works of American Evangelicals.

Uganda is a predominately Christian country.

For that matter, this bill was made possible thanks to the works of American Evangelicals.

I said that it was Muslim on accident, thinking that I was talking about Sudan, for some Dyslexic reason. He was just going off of my statement.

Sources????

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/04/world/africa/04uganda.html

Americans’ Role Seen in Uganda Anti-Gay Push said:
KAMPALA, Uganda — Last March, three American evangelical Christians, whose teachings about “curing” homosexuals have been widely discredited in the United States, arrived here in Uganda’s capital to give a series of talks.

The theme of the event, according to Stephen Langa, its Ugandan organizer, was “the gay agenda — that whole hidden and dark agenda” — and the threat homosexuals posed to Bible-based values and the traditional African family.

For three days, according to participants and audio recordings, thousands of Ugandans, including police officers, teachers and national politicians, listened raptly to the Americans, who were presented as experts on homosexuality. The visitors discussed how to make gay people straight, how gay men often sodomized teenage boys and how “the gay movement is an evil institution” whose goal is “to defeat the marriage-based society and replace it with a culture of sexual promiscuity.”

Last edited:

In Uganda the government has had some great success combating AIDS with their various programs, including abstinence programs and anti-homosexual programs. But no Christian should be in favor of executing people for being a different brand of sinners than they are.

Did someone skew the poll a little? :lamo

You mean the gay people?:confused:

no the country and its citizens

the gays ought to do what the sheeple that Idi Amin didn't do

start killing anyone who tries to kill them. but that country is a cesspool

racism and bigotry rules that place. Amin booted out the hard working Indians who made Uganda a fairly prosperous society and gave their markets and stores to unqualified supporters who ruined them (like Mugabe-a guy someone should have shot years ago-did with white farmers' lands)

then he started murdering people based on tribal identity

no the country and its citizens

the gays ought to do what the sheeple that Idi Amin didn't do

start killing anyone who tries to kill them. but that country is a cesspool

racism and bigotry rules that place. Amin booted out the hard working Indians who made Uganda a fairly prosperous society and gave their markets and stores to unqualified supporters who ruined them (like Mugabe-a guy someone should have shot years ago-did with white farmers' lands)

then he started murdering people based on tribal identity

Rather than start killing people, why don't Christians clarify gay men and women are also God's children. Teach them that we are all sinners and no one is better than anyone else regardless.

Education to undo the damage already done would be a step on the right direction, not killing. Africa has seen enough of that.

And Jesus wept.

Does the person who ran up the polls really think we're fooled by it?

Wow, 113 votes for allowing the genocide of homosexuals in Uganda -- guess I was wrong, sure thing, it's cool with me!

This poll, and other stupid **** reminds me why I quit posting on this forum for a month or two. Some of you are just horrible people and should be ashamed of yourselves.

I think its a public poll that people on the internet are messing with.

This poll, and other stupid **** reminds me why I quit posting on this forum for a month or two. Some of you are just horrible people and should be ashamed of yourselves.

Yeah I decided to visit again after some time away and now I remember why.

Goodbye again.

Yeah I decided to visit again after some time away and now I remember why.

Goodbye again.

I always look for your posts. Yours is one of the few voices that calms me down about American democracy.

Back
Top Bottom