• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

homosexuality potentially punishable by death

Homosexuality should be punishable by death!

• Good idea

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Bad idea

Votes: 25 45.5%
  • Uganda's government should be put to death

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • Bad idea... religion is to blame.

Votes: 18 32.7%

• Total voters
I was astounded by the response to this poll... does anyone legitimately think homosexuals should be killed? And people think Muslims are evil lol

More to the point, why are ultra-conservative US Congressmen working so closely with Uganda to ensure this happens? And why are they all affiliated with "The Family," in one way or another? Who, exactly, are conservatives working for?

This legislation has become known as "Kill The Gays" law. I have been watching this closely for some time, now, and this is the first post I've seen on the subject anywhere. Kudos.

Sir, YOU may be bound to The Law, but the those of us who understand freedom from the law of sin and death are not bound to it. We are bound to the Law Of Love. That law doesn't look kindly on your attitude, despite what the Right Reverend Rod may tell you. This war you want to fight against "evil" has already been won. Why are you still fighting? What, Christ didn't do a good enough job for you?

Yes and yes.

Romans 13:1 1 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

Prov 8:15-16 Because of me, kings reign, and rulers make just decrees. 16 by me princes govern, and nobles—all who rule on earth.

Yes because it is God's will we follow the law of the land.

Does this mean we should condone sin and not be part of the government? No. But we are bound by God's law to follow and recognize the governmental authority which he says he put in place.

Sir, YOU may be bound to The Law, but the those of us who understand freedom from the law of sin and death are not bound to it. We are bound to the Law Of Love. That law doesn't look kindly on your attitude, despite what the Right Reverend Rod may tell you. This war you want to fight against "evil" has already been won. Why are you still fighting? What? Christ didn't do a good enough job for you?

Back
Top Bottom