• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Homosexuality Can Be Deemed 'Mental Disorder' In China, Says New Court Ruling

How our Government has any relation with this barbaric regime is beyond me. $$$$$$

Because it's one of the primary centers of the global supply chain.

Thank God I don't live in China.

They aren't all Christian, radical or extremists.
Yeah they are. There has never been a reason to deem homosexuality unnatural. Its natural and occurs in non human animals all the time.

How our Government has any relation with this barbaric regime is beyond me. $$$$$$
====================

After the Chinese Communist government previously decriminalized homosexuality in 1997 and removed it from the country's official list of things deemed mental disorders in 2001, a major court decision in China this week has "shocked" various rights monitors by once again classifying homosexuality as among "common psychosexual disorders."

According to South China Morning Post, this latest ruling began with a legal dispute over a higher education textbook, namely the 2013 edition of Mental Health Education for College Students, published by Jinan University Press. A lawsuit filed by a student challenged the book given that it

You go to give Xi credit, he knows what’s bad for a country.

NOBODY is trying to ban homosexuality in the US.
No, just refuse to do business with them, allow them to marry, adopt children or serve in the military.

We don't have much of a choice in having some kind of relationship with China. It's a matter of international politics and diplomacy. What do you propose? Starting a war with China because they are jerks?
:ROFLMAO:

No, just refuse to do business with them, allow them to marry, adopt children or serve in the military.

Your perceptions of what is occurring seem to be dated or skewed.

Your perceptions of what is occurring seem to be dated or skewed.
I still hear those objections regularly on the conservative board I read. It's not over, unfortunately.

I knew things were pretty bad in China as far as gay rights, but wow.

I knew things were pretty bad in China as far as gay rights, but wow.
With very few exceptions, mostly only in a few enlightened countries in the West, gays are demonized the world around.

I still hear those objections regularly on the conservative board I read. It's not over, unfortunately.

As I understand it, all of the examples you listed are no longer a "thing".

There are many Americans that would like it to be illegal again and they tend to be Republicans
Let's not forget which party opposed gays serving openly in the military. It would effect morale and unit cohesion was the excuse the Republicans pushed. History has proven them wrong once again.

Let's not forget which party opposed gays serving openly in the military. It would effect morale and unit cohesion was the excuse the Republicans pushed. History has proven them wrong once again.

Are you saying that Democrats were recommending the inclusion of Gays in the military during WW2?

Back
Top Bottom