• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Homosexuality - A choice?

YuGottaBKidding said:
The claim that homosexuals don't have a choice is the same claim alcoholics make.

The excuse for homosexual behavior is the genetic excuse, and the scam comes from a homosexual political and marketing strategy publication called "Overhauling Straight America".

Here is how they strategized to use the genetic excuse, exactly as is being used here by homosexuals:

Chapter 2: "The message must read: "As far as gays can tell, they were born gay, just as you were born heterosexual or white or black or bright or athletic. Nobody ever tricked or seduced them; they never made a choice, and are not morally blameworthy. What they do isn't willfully contrary - it's only natural for them. This twist of fate could as easily have happened to you!"

I think your screen name says it all. :roll: Any proof for this, or are just guessing?

YuGottaBKidding said:
The claim that homosexuals don't have a choice is the same claim alcoholics make.
I tried. I sat here and looked at the empty edit box. I thought of several different responses. I could not complete any without venturing into unkindness. I'm just baffled. :confused:

Lilith said:
I tried. I sat here and looked at the empty edit box. I thought of several different responses. I could not complete any without venturing into unkindness. I'm just baffled. :confused:
Don't worry. The troll's been shoved back under the bridge.

You tell em' Shuamort, that guy was a typical breeder homophobe along the Fred Phelps line.....

I have to say I'm affected by crime whomever the victim is. Crime diminishes

all of us. As far as the motivation of the perpetrator, I am only

interested in that as far as what it can tell us about preventing further acts.

YuGottaBKidding said:

All these years of listening to this argument and just today the answer hit me. Very clear in my mind, harder to explain but here goes.

The question of gay by choice or birth. I say birth.

I am a straight man. I could not choose to be gay (Have sex with another man...ewww....). To put it bluntly I couldn't get it up. Just wont happen. There is no attraction, no arousal. I've used this argument to those that say it is a choice for years to no avail. I've been looking at it from the wrong perspective. I need to view this from the eyes of those that say it is choice. All these years I've been wrong, about their views and reasons for saying it is by choice. Those that can even conceive of such a thing have made that choice themselves. They have latent homo/bi sexuality within them. They know this and are disgusted with this fact and that's is where the vehemence of their comments come from. It logically must be the only explanation. They throw aside the arguments of us that say you are born gay. They can't conceive of us not being able to be gay. They can only understand it from their perspective. They have made a choice between their bidirectional loins. How else could this be. I have a little trouble putting this into words, it is an original concept I think. This was being argued on Alan Colmes radio show tonight. Okay, enough of the serious part because this thought really lends itself to annoying people. Yes. Hey all you uptight bible thumping gay bashers, you've just been outed by me, teacher. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha .

teacher said:
I am a straight man.

That's only because you haven't met me, honey. Why bother with Pez when I am so much sweeter?

teacher said:
I could not choose to be gay (Have sex with another man...ewww....). To put it bluntly I couldn't get it up. Just wont happen. There is no attraction, no arousal. I've used this argument to those that say it is a choice for years to no avail. I've been looking at it from the wrong perspective. I need to view this from the eyes of those that say it is choice. All these years I've been wrong, about their views and reasons for saying it is by choice. Those that can even conceive of such a thing have made that choice themselves. They have latent homo/bi sexuality within them. They know this and are disgusted with this fact and that's is where the vehemence of their comments come from. It logically must be the only explanation. They throw aside the arguments of us that say you are born gay. They can't conceive of us not being able to be gay. They can only understand it from their perspective. They have made a choice between their bidirectional loins. How else could this be. I have a little trouble putting this into words, it is an original concept I think. This was being argued on Alan Colmes radio show tonight. Okay, enough of the serious part because this thought really lends itself to annoying people. Yes. Hey all you uptight bible thumping gay bashers, you've just been outed by me, teacher. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha .

And right on, Teach. Think you've hit the nail on the head there.

A persons attraction is based upon behavioral modeling......if men were raised around only men and only saw males having sex with males, that is what they would do.....the problem is if we admit it is from behavioral modeling rather than genetics, we can't equate our behavior with being black or jewish, and that is why politically the gay rights movement within the last 15 years has switched tactics and we now claim it is genetic because politically that is more expedient. That is why we have funded so many studies and we finally got a few that we quote from while we ignore the major body of research which shows otherwise.

My fav is one where we claim that "a study showed that male homosexuals brains are different than heterosexuals" Well, duh! That is like saying: "a study has shown that smokers lungs are different from non-smokers".

Might as well say; "A study has shown that leathermen are more likely to be beefy and hairy than twinkboys".

Hi everyone, I'm new I just wanted to introduce myself before making my first post :) so anyway, I do not believe homosexuality is a choice at all for one pretty obvious reason, in my opinion. If it was a choice, why would anyone have ever chosen it? I mean today's society is much better and accepting than it was even 10 years ago, but there are still LOTS of people who are against homosexuality and discriminate against gays. So with that being a well known fact, why would anyone EVER choose to be discriminated against? It just seems so against human nature to me for someone to actually want to be treated poorly for something they have control over. Again, right now in 2005 its not TOO bad but in the 70's and 80's a lot of people treated gays like they had an infectious disease or something. Another reason I believe homosexuality is not a choice is that it just doesnt really seem to make sense. I mean, do straight people choose who they are attracted to? Do they walk around going "I am going to be attracted to that guy/girl"? I dont know, I could be totally wrong but I always thought you're just attracted people. So, if its true that straight people don't choice who they love, how can it possibly be true that gays choose who they love? After all, they're humans too aren't they, with the sae feelings and attractions? Thats pretty much my answer to the posted question :) If you can't tell, this is a topic I am very opinionated about haha

Hi everyone, I'm new I just wanted to introduce myself before making my first post :) so anyway, I do not believe homosexuality is a choice at all for one pretty obvious reason, in my opinion. If it was a choice, why would anyone have ever chosen it?

Why do people choose any behavior that is deemed inappropriate by society?

I mean today's society is much better and accepting than it was even 10 years ago, but there are still LOTS of people who are against homosexuality and discriminate against gays. So with that being a well known fact, why would anyone EVER choose to be discriminated against?

Why do people choose to bite their fingernails, why do people choose to eat feces, why do people choose to have sex with animals, why do people choose to drive drunk, why do people choose to shoot heroin?

It just seems so against human nature to me for someone to actually want to be treated poorly for something they have control over.

Trying to paint homosexuals with a victim brush? Now there's a tactic straight out of the Homosexual Agenda, Chapter 2.

Again, right now in 2005 its not TOO bad but in the 70's and 80's a lot of people treated gays like they had an infectious disease or something.

If male homosexuals have seroprevalence percentage rates that approximate their age according to homosexual websites, then isn't HIV an infectious disease?

Another reason I believe homosexuality is not a choice is that it just doesnt really seem to make sense.

It doesn't seem to make sense to be a serial killer or a bank robber, so is it not a choice then under your claimed logic?

I mean, do straight people choose who they are attracted to?

Go study behavioral anthropology, you are way out of your league.

Do they walk around going "I am going to be attracted to that guy/girl"?

I do! I can look at a lithe athletic shapely blonde woman and maybe go, man, she's hot! I could look at a fat ugly hairy chick, and be grossed out.

I dont know, I could be totally wrong but I always thought you're just attracted people.

So you are saying then that since Janet Reno and Pamela Anderson are both "peop-le", that men whould be equally attracted to them since they can't choose whom to be attracted to?!??!! lol....

So, if its true that straight people don't choice who they love,...

Now we have gone from physical attraction to "love"!? So in other words, when male homosexuals have an average of over 1000 sexual partners throughout their lifetime, it was all "love"? lol.....

how can it possibly be true that gays choose who they love? After all, they're humans too aren't they, with the same feelings and attractions?

Hey, that is the same argument NAMBLA and zoophiles make!

Your whole opinion reads right out of the Homosexual Agenda, Chapter 2, paragraph 3:

"Now, there are two different messages about the Gay Victim that are worth communicating. First, the mainstream should be told that gays are victims of fate, in the sense that most never had a choice to accept or reject their sexual preference. The message must read: "As far as gays can tell, they were born gay, just as you were born heterosexual or white or black or bright or athletic. Nobody ever tricked or seduced them; they never made a choice, and are not morally blameworthy. What they do isn't willfully contrary - it's only natural for them. This twist of fate could as easily have happened to you!"

Last edited:
I have a Masters degree in Biology with a minor in genetics and it is my educated opinion that Homosexuality is not genetic. It is a choice an unnatural and disgusting choice. It is akin to bestiality and pedophilia. It should be illegal. The rise in child rape (most of which is homosexual) is partially due to society allowing acts like anal sex to continue and be openly accepted. Allowing gays to adopt is irresponsible and dangerous for the poor defenseless children.

phate17 said:
I have a Masters degree in Biology with a minor in genetics and it is my educated opinion that Homosexuality is not genetic. It is a choice an unnatural and disgusting choice. It is akin to bestiality and pedophilia. It should be illegal. The rise in child rape (most of which is homosexual) is partially due to society allowing acts like anal sex to continue and be openly accepted. Allowing gays to adopt is irresponsible and dangerous for the poor defenseless children.

For a supposed geneticist, you give your "faith" a lot of leaway.

Don't pretend to be something you're not Lib. You're transparent.

I don’t know where to start this is all so juicy…
First off, I love you all but I hate what you do.

I am straight by the way. I prefer to keep my ass a 1 way street.

My stance is that homosexuality is a choice whether it be resulting from a strong sexual appetite, psychological and environmental factors, or other reasons. Saying it is a “choice” is like a little child pointing the finger, or making excuses, because they don’t want to take responsibility for their actions.

Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post do not necessarily reflect those of the management or staff of…. Ok **** it yes they do

Kelzie said:
Welcome. and great topic by the way. I''m not sure how many people are familiar with the controlled male twin study by Bailey and Pillard in 1991? Anyone? Anyway you can read the whole thing here but I'll also summarize it, since it is rather lengthy… monozygotic twins (identical twins) have a 52% concordance of homosexuality… (yada yada yada)… 15 times for identicals to less than 2 times for adopted in the same family smacks of a little more than personal choices and upbringing don't ya think?

I visited the site. In huge bold letters on the top of the page It says:
The Hypothetical Genetics
of Sexual Orientation

To save you all the trouble, I’ll copy and past the dictionary definition of “hypothetical” here…

"hy·po·thet·i·cal
(adj.)

1. Of, relating to, or based on a hypothesis: a hypothetical situation. See Synonyms at theoretical.
2.a. Suppositional; uncertain. See Synonyms at supposed.
b. Conditional; contingent.

n.
A hypothetical circumstance, condition, scenario, or situation: OK, let's consider this possibility then just as a hypothetical."

Kelzie, a “hypothetical” essay smacks of a little less than complete and absolute truth.

Kelzie said:
Why do you want to be straight? Why would you want to be attracted to another sex? I am straight and I have no desire to change that. I like liking men, and I was under the impression that gay men do too. If you are uncomfortable with the people you are sexually attracted to, it sounds like a different problem to me. One that would not be solved by taking the magic straight pill.

Kelzie, in America, we call that a choice.

january said:
And by the way, with a little social acceptance and less "cure" talk, ya'll could get the rights you're guaranteed under the constitution, and you could have a family!

A dysfunctional family.

Forget genetics. Did it ever occur to you that maybe homosexuality could be a result of both psychological and environmental factors?

Baby boy >>> Grows Up >>> No dad >>> internally longs for masculine affection >>> Tada! Gay man.
Baby girl >>> Grows Up >>> No mom >>> internally longs for feminine affection >>> Tada! Lesbian.

Two moms or two dads as parental units would create more of these situations.

January said:
There is an implication then that being gay is "wrong" as I doubt they would research ways to make the straight, gay. They'd certainly never get government funding.

Being gay IS morally wrong. I don’t give two shits how you sugar coat it.

Naughty Nurse said:
I think that whatever shapes our sexuality (and none of us really knows the answer to that), it is absolutely not a choice.

Wait wait! I do! I think it has something to do with that sexual organ located between our legs. Some scientist in Switzerland discovered that somehow it’s linked to your sexuality. His results were that a majority of humans with penises tend to like women, and a majority of humans with vaginas tend to like men.

If you ever get confused just stick your hand down your pants.

And if for some strange reason that doesn’t work, then you can refer to my homemade statistics:

8===D + (0) = 2 puzzle pieces that amazingly fit together perfectly.
(0) + (0) = 2 puzzle pieces that do not.
8===D + 8===D = 2 puzzle pieces that do not.

“One of these things is not like the other, one of these things does not belong…”

We are physically structured to mate with the opposite sex. Period.

galenrox said:
I'm pretty sure my mom wanted me (or my sister) to be gay. We live in an extrordinarily liberal town, and it's considered somewhat of a badge of honor to have a gay child, and to accept him/her for the way s/he is.
So if anything, I was conditioned to be gay…

That’s not called “conditioning”, it’s called perverted peer pressure.

Shuamort said:
Loki said:
Until someone comes up with a homosexual gene, I'll have to assume it's choice.
You mean like this one?

The title of your linked article:
“Research links fruit fly gene to sexuality”

lol… gay fruit flies

Maybe I’m slow but the article doesn’t seem to prove that there’s such thing as a gay gene. It just shows scientists *****ing with a fly’s “master” sexual gene to make it behave abnormally. None of these flies were born fruity.

Cut and paste from the article:
“While compelling, the Vienna results are unlikely to put to rest debate on whether a "gay gene" exists -- or even what it means if it does exist. Human brains and desires are far more complex than those of fruit flies, and their gay and straight mating and bonding rituals are more sophisticated and varied.”

If anything, your article on fruity flies further disproves your point.

snl89 said:
I do not believe homosexuality is a choice at all for one pretty obvious reason, in my opinion. If it was a choice, why would anyone have ever chosen it?

lol this has to be the funniest answer I’ve read in this entire thread

Back
Top Bottom