• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Homophobic' first-class passenger accused of assaulting Delta flight attendant

Transoceanic first class? Nuh uh, it's from the 750mL bottle into your glass cup and they'll keep pouring every 15 minutes for a 10+ hour flight if you can avoid passing out.
Ive been on transoceanic not first class tho. It was those little mini bottles. Got two during a 14 hour flight to France.

Ive been on transoceanic not first class tho. It was those little mini bottles. Got two during a 14 hour flight to France.
Yeah, it really depends on the airline, and cabin class. Economy, maybe 2 or 3 of the mini bottles unless you got some relaxing, light-hearted jokes for the in-flight crew to put smiles on faces. Business, unlimited 2-3oz or small glass pours, but unless you're buzzing for service to get more, they're mostly attentive and serving only during the three hours after take-off and one hour before landing and don't frequently check on passengers mid flight when a lot of people are sleeping. First, there's someone walking by every 15 minutes to refill your glass unless you explicitly wave them off, and if you want to get drunk the only question is what are you going to get drunk on. Airlines are smart, they know a percentage of flyers will purchase premium seats for the complimentary opportunity to get nigh-smashed.

I'm not saying I've done that... but I'm not saying I haven't :)

I've never lost control and attacked in flight crew, however.

Well I'm bi, so the only homosexual that makes me feel uncomfortable on a regular basis is myself ;)
I believe that’s spelled “narcissist”

It's not a crime to be afraid of gay people.
No, but it is very funny that people are. Might as well be afraid of brunettes or something lol.

This wasn't just a slur; there was a lot of bad behavior leading up to it:

There's even more, but you'll have to read it for yourself. He sounds like a "very fine person."

Sounds like state's exhibit A for banning alcohol on flights and in airports.

Okay, I'm bullshitting - there's no way I'd go for that either. But seriously, some people just can't travel. Hopefully that prick gets put on a no-fly list

No, but what is scary about gay people?
A phobia is a medical ailment. It's not based in rational thought.

If someone was driving down the road and ran a stop sign while having a heart attack, we don't write that person a traffic ticket. We call them an ambulance.

If the man suffers from homophobia he should be treated for it so he can function normally in society.

No but it's a crime to be so afraid of gay people that you interfere with a flight crew. He could have stayed home and shat his little diaper and been free of the legal costs and consequences. Now he's looking at some quality time in federal prison, where there's gay sex to be had, and not always voluntary either.

No, but it is very funny that people are. Might as well be afraid of brunettes or something lol.

If someone was driving down the road and ran a stop sign while having a heart attack, we don't write that person a traffic ticket. We call them an ambulance.

If the man suffers from homophobia he should be treated for it so he can function normally in society.
Treated for homophobia? What does that treatment entail?

I imagine actually talking to someone who is actually gay for a few minutes would help a lot of people. So many have made gay people out to be this insane thing in their minds.

Never a good excuse. Don't they limit how many drinks you can buy?
He could have been drunk or close to it before he boarded. So limiting the number of drinks wouldn't have mattered.

He could have been drunk or close to it before he boarded. So limiting the number of drinks wouldn't have mattered.
You are right. I didn't even think of that.

So, it's o.k. to attack them because you're (not speaking about you, just "you" in general) afraid of them?

Beatings, torture, accusations of crimes against the state, and coercion into signing false confessions.

The term phobia is a rhetorical device in this context. As in any argument against celebration of deviance is considered a “phobia” to insist that belief in traditional sexual values is an illness. It’s not a real “phobia”

The term phobia is a rhetorical device in this context. As in any argument against celebration of deviance is considered a “phobia” to insist that belief in traditional sexual values is an illness. It’s not a real “phobia”
Not everyone agrees with you. It's currently a controversial topic in the medical community.

Back
Top Bottom