• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Homophobic Daughter Letter: Grandpa Slams Daughter For Disowning Her ... [W:190:159]

AGENT J

"If you ain't first, you're last"
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Homophobic Daughter Letter: Grandpa Slams Daughter For Disowning Her Gay Son, 'I'm Disappointed In You As A Daughter' [FULL LETTER] : Entertainment : Latin Times

Homophobic Daughter Letter: Grandpa Slams Daughter For Disowning Her Gay Son, 'I'm Disappointed In You As A Daughter

Dear Christine,

I'm disappointed in you as a daughter. You're correct that we have a "shame in the family," but mistaken about what it is.
Kicking Chad out of your home simply because he told you he was gay is the real "abomination" here.
A parent disowning her child is what goes "against nature." The only intelligent thing I heard you say in all this was that "you didn't raise your son to be gay."
Of course you didn't. He was born this way and didn't choose it any more than he being left-handed.
You however, have made a choice of being hurtful, narrow minded and backward.
So, while we are in the business of disowning our children, I think I'll take this moment to say goodbye to you.
I now have a fabulous (as the gays put it) grandson to raise, and I don't have time for a heartless B-word of a daughter.

If you find your heart, give us a call. - Dad.
backup links:
One Grandpa's Epic Response to Homophobic Daughter is Going VIral | Moms | Wetpaint
Awesome Grandpa Writes Shaming Letter To His Homophobic Daughter

If true, all things being equal and going with my assumptions that the mom/daughter is in her 30+s with child in its teens or younger that is an EPIC letter and its awesome!

HERO: dad :thumbs:

LOSER: :laughat:heart-less B-word of a daughter

Last edited:
Re: Homophobic Daughter Letter: Grandpa Slams Daughter For Disowning Her Gay Son

what would your follow up be

he left the door open for her to wise up but i wouldnt leave it at that
id offer her professional help to deal with her bigotry and hatred and to do family therapy with her
id also give he a time limit to get her act together before i pressed charges against her and fought for custody of my grandchild.

Re: Homophobic Daughter Letter: Grandpa Slams Daughter For Disowning Her Gay Son

Homophobic Daughter Letter: Grandpa Slams Daughter For Disowning Her Gay Son, 'I'm Disappointed In You As A Daughter' [FULL LETTER] : Entertainment : Latin Times

backup links:
One Grandpa's Epic Response to Homophobic Daughter is Going VIral | Moms | Wetpaint

If true, all things being equal and going with my assumptions that the mom/daughter is in her 30+s with child in its teens or younger that is an EPIC letter and its awesome!

This is surprising. It is not often that I see older folks taking a vocal stance on equal rights for gays. I'm wondering if this will be a reality check for his daughter, or if she will allow her irrational hatred to permanently destroy her relationship with her kid. Hopefully there's a followup story. This reminds me of a commercial Expedia aired. This is a step towards the end for public approval of the anti-SSM stance. "You have to make a decision. Are you gonna have a daughter that you're going to maintain a wonderful relationship for the rest of your life, or are you going to lose that child."

Last edited:

It's reality my friend. Get used to it or live in the past. Your choice. :peace

its a publicity stunt, if you buy this I have some land in Louisiana for you to buy......CHEAP

its a publicity stunt, if you buy this I have some land in Louisiana for you to buy......CHEAP

Exactly. Expedia, with the help of their PR team, came to the conclusion that it would be good to endorse SSM. This goes to show most of society has accepted equal rights for gays, and rejected the opposition.

This is surprising. It is not often that I see older folks taking a vocal stance on equal rights for gays. I'm wondering if this will be a reality check for his daughter, or if she will allow her irrational hatred to permanently destroy her relationship with her kid. Hopefully there's a followup story. This reminds me of a commercial Expedia aired. This is a step towards the end for public approval of the anti-SSM stance. "You have to make a decision. Are you gonna have a daughter that you're going to maintain a wonderful relationship for the rest of your life, or are you going to lose that child."

WOW DUDE!!!!

thats a ****ing awesome video!!!!!!!

and those are awesome parents that get reality!
that was actually very touching hearing him talk about his daughters spark

I have a daughter and she is 16, as far as i knw she is straight and i seriously doubt shed have trouble telling me otherwise since she knows how i feel about it. But the thing i dont get. And this is not a knock on the dad in the video because like he said her HAPPINESS is what clearly took over for him but his dreams is something i cant relate to. Many fathers have sadi the same thing as him and NOT changed, they were crushed their dreams were crushed.

well, i dont get that?

I have dreams about my daughter, i dream stays smart and educated, she is successful at things she likes and she has a happy life. Ive never dreamed about her husband and even if i did how could i possible be so selfish to judge HER lif based on MY dreams?

i just dont get that part, how ignorant and selfish does one have to be?

anyway, awesome video . . truly

i wish i could do more than like your post cause the video deserves it!

what is? the letter?
possibly like i said in my op but that wouldnt change the way i feel about it

WOW DUDE!!!!

thats a ****ing awesome video!!!!!!!

and those are awesome parents that get reality!
that was actually very touching hearing him talk about his daughters spark

I have a daughter and she is 16, as far as i knw she is straight and i seriously doubt shed have trouble telling me otherwise since she knows how i feel about it. But the thing i dont get. And this is not a knock on the dad in the video because like he said her HAPPINESS is what clearly took over for him but his dreams is something i cant relate to. Many fathers have sadi the same thing as him and NOT changed, they were crushed their dreams were crushed.

well, i dont get that?

I have dreams about my daughter, i dream stays smart and educated, she is successful at things she likes and she has a happy life. Ive never dreamed about her husband and even if i did how could i possible be so selfish to judge HER lif based on MY dreams?

i just dont get that part, how ignorant and selfish does one have to be?

anyway, awesome video . . truly

i wish i could do more than like your post cause the video deserves it!

I understand the expectation of his daughter having a husband because he is older and that's the way things were. (Of course there's some exceptions.) I was blown away when I saw this commercial. I actually thought it was a movie trailer at first.

1.)I understand the expectation of his daughter having a husband because he is older and that's the way things were. (Of course there's some exceptions.)
2.) I was blown away when I saw this commercial.
3.)I actually thought it was a movie trailer at first.

1.) yeah i get that plays some role too but with him its ok cause he quickly got over based on her happiness this si exactly what is supposed to happen.
2.) me too
3.) lol yeah it kinda does have that vibe

1.) yeah i get that plays some role too but with him its ok cause he quickly got over based on her happiness this si exactly what is supposed to happen.
2.) me too
3.) lol yeah it kinda does have that vibe

Yes, and these sorts of commercials along with public opinion, and instances like the OP will cause people with apprehensions to love their children no matter how they were born.

Yes, and these sorts of commercials along with public opinion, and instances like the OP will cause people with apprehensions to love their children no matter how they were born.

i agree they do help but its sad that common sense and morals dont already do this

i agree they do help but its sad that common sense and morals dont already do this
That's what gets me. I can empathize with most ideals, but this is one of the few I can't. Especially when that irrational hatred bleeds into someone's relationship with their family. You would think, at the very least, family would be an exception.

That's what gets me. I can empathize with most ideals, but this is one of the few I can't. Especially when that irrational hatred bleeds into someone's relationship with their family. You would think, at the very least, family would be an exception.

agreed and sometimes it is
theres been celebs and politicians bashing gays and then we find out they are gay themselves or have a gay child/sibling.

just weird

agreed and sometimes it is
theres been celebs and politicians bashing gays and then we find out they are gay themselves or have a gay child/sibling.

just weird

Did you hear about the guy who ran a conversion therapy ministry that came out as gay and apologized for the whole thing? :lol:

Did you hear about the guy who ran a conversion therapy ministry that came out as gay and apologized for the whole thing? :lol:

ive heard of things like that and its pathetic

im glad those saditic mental torture facilities are being outlawed and shut down, at least in the way they are deemed non medical/scientific. Its awesome

When they speak of homosexuality being unnatural, how unnatural is it for a mother to do something so heinous to their kid? This is what i find duplicitous about comments on this forum like "having a hard time coping" if their kid was gay, and elsewhere pretending to be so accepting. Yeah, what victims these parents are :roll:

If you remove homophobia and selfish obsessions to have (biological) grandkids, it really should be way down the list of concerns. Unwanted pregnancy and health, school, and legal troubles come to mind as actual problems, yet these same parents will often tolerate unlimited ****ups by their kids in those areas.

When they speak of homosexuality being unnatural, how unnatural is it for a mother to do something so heinous to their kid? This is what i find duplicitous about comments on this forum like "having a hard time coping" if their kid was gay, and elsewhere pretending to be so accepting. Yeah, what victims these parents are :roll:

If you remove homophobia and selfish obsessions to have (biological) grandkids, it really should be way down the list of concerns. Unwanted pregnancy and health, school, and legal troubles come to mind as actual problems, yet these same parents will often tolerate unlimited ****ups by their kids in those areas.

yep endless hypocrisy

what is? the letter?
possibly like i said in my op but that wouldnt change the way i feel about it

yes the letter, when this subject is quite for a while, something insignificant is always brought back up hence the expression "drama queen"

yes the letter
2.) when this subject is quite for a while
3.) something insignificant is always brought back up
4.) hence the expression "drama queen"

1.) so why do you think its fake and what if it is?
2.) what subject is quiet?
3.) nothing insignificant about helping out an abandoned child.
4.) yes the horrible bigoted mother is a drama queen

backup links:

Need more information to make a real decision.

How old was the "kid" that she kicked out? Obviously it would be wrong to kick a minor out of the house and onto the street.

Would she be considered such a terrible person if she had kicked the son out for other reasons? How about depression? Paranoia? Schizophrenia? I guess since there are treatments for those mental disorders, she would be heartless, so yeah, instead of kicking him out, she should of sought treatment for his sickness/disorder.

Why is disapproval of homosexuality "homophobic"? A phobia is a fear, often an unreasonable one. Just because someone disapproves of homosexuality or homosexual marriage does not in anyway indicate they are acting out of fear.

Why is it ok to call homosexuals "homo" when using the term homophobia but not any other time? Homophobia, the fear of a homo. I guess it could be a fear of humans also, since humans are homo-sapiens. I guess it could be the fear of homo neanderthalensis, but that would be truly unreasonable as they have been extinct for a longtime now. No, homo in general usage is normally the shortening of the term homosexual is probably the most neutral term to use. Gay didn't have any real association prior to it being co-opted and abused.

what would your follow up be

he left the door open for her to wise up but i wouldnt leave it at that
id offer her professional help to deal with her bigotry and hatred and to do family therapy with her
id also give he a time limit to get her act together before i pressed charges against her and fought for custody of my grandchild.
Well he raised her, she learned that attitude somewhere.

backup links:

Two terrible parents and one very confused kid.... Everyone loses....

Well he raised her, she learned that attitude somewhere.

obviously not this attitude wanst learned from him

Back
Top Bottom