• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Homophobe Scott Lively: Trump Was Too Pro-Gay, So God Let Him Lose

SNOWFLAKE

Crazy Canuck
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Notoriously anti-LGBTQ+ minister Scott Lively is claiming Donald Trump did not reelection as president because — wait for it — Trump lost God’s favor for being too pro-gay.

On Sunday’s edition of his Swamp Rangers online broadcast, Lively told cohost Richard May that Trump took the correct position (in Lively’s view) on every issue “except on the homosexual issue, which I think is his biggest mistake” and “the reason why he lost the election.”

“He defied God on a fundamental tenet of the Bible and never repented of it,” Lively said (the clip below was captured by Right Wing Watch). “If Donald Trump was, as I believe, God’s man in the White House for four years, why did God not preserve it? Because if God had given him favor, nothing that mankind could have done could have removed him from that office. And yet the one thing that he did during that time that would virtually guarantee God’s favor being removed was to put his own personal stamp of approval on behavior that God condemns in the harshest possible terms in the Bible, which is specifically male homosexuality.”

“My advice to President Trump is to first apologize to God for defying His command and then, at minimum, pivot to a ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’ philosophy [to Lively, this apparently means LGBTQ+ people shouldn’t come out], the only workable compromise between the secular society and the MAGA millions who rightfully insist that Christian family values and traditions MUST be protected for the survival of not just our nation, but humanity,” Lively concluded.

Notoriously anti-LGBTQ+ minister Scott Lively is claiming Donald Trump did not reelection as president because — wait for it — Trump lost God’s favor for being too pro-gay.

On Sunday’s edition of his Swamp Rangers online broadcast, Lively told cohost Richard May that Trump took the correct position (in Lively’s view) on every issue “except on the homosexual issue, which I think is his biggest mistake” and “the reason why he lost the election.”

“He defied God on a fundamental tenet of the Bible and never repented of it,” Lively said (the clip below was captured by Right Wing Watch). “If Donald Trump was, as I believe, God’s man in the White House for four years, why did God not preserve it? Because if God had given him favor, nothing that mankind could have done could have removed him from that office. And yet the one thing that he did during that time that would virtually guarantee God’s favor being removed was to put his own personal stamp of approval on behavior that God condemns in the harshest possible terms in the Bible, which is specifically male homosexuality.”
Even though the history goes back way before the Talibangelists like Roberts and Falwell, it still always surprises me when so-called christians don't attack such preachers as impious when they so off-handedly take it upon themselves to ascribe events as examples of god's wrath. Why does nobody in the congregation jump up, point their fingers, and yell "Who the hell are you that you think you know the will of, or can speak for the intentions of, the Divine?"

They consider themselves "good christians", but their silence makes them accomplices to blasphemy.

SMH....the logic of some is just far too crappy to even consider worthy of review. It absolutely makes no sense.

“My advice to President Trump is to first apologize to God for defying His command and then, at minimum, pivot to a ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’ philosophy [to Lively, this apparently means LGBTQ+ people shouldn’t come out], the only workable compromise between the secular society and the MAGA millions who rightfully insist that Christian family values and traditions MUST be protected for the survival of not just our nation, but humanity,” Lively concluded.

I think the last time god was displeased with us, he released a flood that covered the earth. This time he only removed trump from office, the old guy
must be mellowing. /s

I think the last time god was displeased with us, he released a flood that covered the earth. This time he only removed trump from office, the old guy
must be mellowing. /s
Indeed. Doesn't it make you long for the days when "he" sent Katrina to punish New Orleans because of their evil ways? And the self-described religious folks have so little introspection, they have no idea how ridiculous and abnormal their superstitions seem to sane adults.

Interesting that he specifies "male homosexuality". Is female homosexuality okay, or just not as bad? How 'bout dogs and cats living together?

Scott Lively...Isn't the the one that helped Uganda set up concentration camps and urged them to pass the death penalty for being homosexual?

Anyone whose takeaway from Trump's loss is that he should have been more of a right-wing authoritarian is seriously detached from reality.

The good news is ge recognizes that Trump lost

Lunatic.

Now we know how to get God to get rid of assholes.

Are we supposed to know who this "Scott Lively" is? Are you a regular listener of "Swamp Rangers"?

Are we supposed to know who this "Scott Lively" is? Are you a regular listener of "Swamp Rangers"?
As a Canadian, likely not, but Trump should have listened to him, wouldn't you agree?
laugh_40x40.gif

As a Canadian, likely not, but Trump should have listened to him, wouldn't you agree?
View attachment 67319608
Well there is Ontario. :)

And WTH, I feel old and dumb - never heard of "Nunavut" until today. Not that US schools teach anything about Canada past the age of trappers and Iroquois.

Well there is Ontario. :)

And WTH, I feel old and dumb - never heard of "Nunavut" until today. Not that US schools teach anything about Canada past the age of trappers and Iroquois.
do US schools teach anything?

do US schools teach anything?
Honestly, I think I learned more about Africa than about Canada. Except when it comes to Native Americans. We discussed the Inuit throughout elementary school, and a full semester in middle school learning about whales and blubber and native harpoon techniques, cultural differences, bone needles, igloo construction, division of labor, seal skin kayaks, etc. :unsure:

I actually singed my eyebrows while working on a "build an oil lamp" project where we were supposed to experiment with different fats. I heated one past the flash point and took a fireball to the face.

The good news is ge recognizes that Trump lost
Not quite. He's admitting that Trump is no longer president. Scott is in damage control mode. If he previously claimed that Trump was God's chosen one, then he needs to justify Trump's fall from power. Of course it was caused by gay men. What other reason could there be?

Methinks Scott protests too much. What's he covering up?

Back
Top Bottom