• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Homer Simpson.

Would it be great if everyone ate healthy and all the fast food companies went out of business? Sure.

I don't think it would be great. I love my Taco Bell, Burger King, Pizza Hut, etc. Do we need one on every street corner? NO.

Winston...................

Do you support a nationwide ban on unhealthy foods in this country?

Why is that so hard for you to answer?

I already did answer. And I said I support regulation and education. What is so hard for you to understand?

I don't think it would be great. I love my Taco Bell, Burger King, Pizza Hut, etc. Do we need one on every street corner? NO.

Well, if the people want one on every street corner, then why not?

I already did answer. And I said I support regulation and education. What is so hard for you to understand?

Heh. You didn't answer my specific question until the post before this one. Thank you for answering.

Heh. You didn't answer my specific question until the post before this one. Thank you for answering.

I did answer it several times and I said education and regulation. Now then it is your turn. What do you support?

Well, if the people want one on every street corner, then why not?

Instead of ten thousand questions for once why don't you take a position and defend it?

Speaking of not answering questions, I'm still waiting on one from Grim17. I suspect I may be waiting awhile...

I disagree. We do need a Taco Bell on every corner. It is the place to stop when drunk/high. People can't honestly expect drunken kids to walk blocks to a Taco Bell can they? Think of the children.

I disagree. We do need a Taco Bell on every corner. It is the place to stop when drunk/high. People can't honestly expect drunken kids to walk blocks to a Taco Bell can they? Think of the children.

What in the world was I thinking? Thank you soccerboy for ringing my bell:mrgreen:

If someone is mentally unstable and spends their time scratching at their skin until they break the skin and create gashes so deep that they are ripping muscle and tissue off of their body and eating it, and pulling their hair out, should they have that freedom to do so?

Instead of ten thousand questions for once why don't you take a position and defend it?

Um....I have several times. I'm a libertarian. I'm for FREEDOM to choose if you want to kill yourself slowly or quickly and your medical bills are on your own dime.

If someone is mentally unstable and spends their time scratching at their skin until they break the skin and create gashes so deep that they are ripping muscle and tissue off of their body and eating it, and pulling their hair out, should they have that freedom to do so?

The mentally ill should receive help since they cannot help themselves.

Let me see if I have this straight.

You stated that some commentators (Glenn Beck) on a certain cable news network (Fox News) have enjoyed pointing out Cass Sunstein's claim that we're all Homer Simpson (i.e. we're dumb) (true), and that other leading members of the Obama administration don't think much of the overall intelligence of the nation (also true).... and you feel the same way.

Not surprising.

One can be both intelligent and ignorant at the same time. For example, I am a generally intelligent person who learned quickly and easily, does not have much trouble with complex topics, can understand nuance, etc ... Yet if my car is broken, I am not going to be able to fix it because I am ignorant in that subject. Government, law, philosophy, etc are subjects to be learned and are in many ways not natural to our nature, so its a perfectly acceptable statement to say people are intelligent in general but are deficient in a certain subject.

Back
Top Bottom