• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Homeland' warns DC to plan for 'evacuation crisis'...

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
If I lived in that area I'd suggest "boat". There's no freaking way you're going to get out of town in anything with four wheels.

WASHINGTON - If there were a natural disaster or a terrorist attack in DC, how would you get out of the city? It’s a good question, and if you don’t already have an evacuation plan in place, DC Homeland Security officials say you should make one.

If DC had to evacuate, would you know what to do? Homeland Security says you need a plan | WTTG

Greetings, MickeyW. :2wave:

The people in DC are not the only ones who should be thinking about evacuating in case of crisis! We've all been hearing about the threats to our way of life for some time now - there have even been "mock
trials conducted, and the casualties were shocking! I don't know if folks just don't believe people things like that could happen in America, or if they do believe, many have no idea what to do or even where to go if they have to leave. Sad.....

Last edited:
If I lived in that area I'd suggest "boat". There's no freaking way you're going to get out of town in anything with four wheels.

There isn't a job that anyone could offer me, in DC, NYC or any other big city, no matter what the pay, that I would ever accept.

Greetings, Mickey

Hi Kid... how ya doing?

There isn't a job that anyone could offer me, in DC, NYC or any other big city, no matter what the pay, that I would ever accept.

Hi Kid... how ya doing?

So far, so good....hanging in there like everyone else, I guess, trying to figure out WTH is going on in this country! :mrgreen: How about you?

Smart move.

I have lived and worked in DC and will attest that it feels next to impossible to get out of the city at 4:00 pm on any given weekday, let alone in a disaster. Seriously, unless you have nearby access to a watercraft you are probably better off hunkering down in place than getting yourself stuck outside in traffic.

WASHINGTON - If there were a natural disaster or a terrorist attack in DC, how would you get out of the city? It’s a good question, and if you don’t already have an evacuation plan in place, DC Homeland Security officials say you should make one.

If DC had to evacuate, would you know what to do? Homeland Security says you need a plan | WTTG

I love DC but there is no way to get out of that city in any sort of traffic. You have to push past the beltway to even have a chance. Occasionally if you're near Georgetown you can luck out pushing northwest along the river and head towards rural Maryland and eventually WV but usually thats clogged with traffic trying to get to the beltway.

Back
Top Bottom