• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Homeland: Life Imitates Art

code1211

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I'm watching "Homeland" for the first time. It's pretty entertaining and a really excellently produced project. Season 6 was produced to air at about the time that the 2016 Election Winner would be taking office. I'm watching Season 6 now.

*spoiler alert*

The Homeland production staff, like every other person on the planet, assumed that Hillary would be elected. As they were trying to make their show conform to the real world, the election winner was the woman. Her husband, in passing, is deceased.

The "Madam President-Elect" finds her transition attacked by the intelligence establishment of the United States and powerful media opponents. All of these menacing enemies were working in concert to derail her transition and destroy her Presidency.

As I've been watching the plot unfolding, developing, and getting more and more complex, I am astounded by how accurately this fictional account predicts actual real world history through fiction.

The Homeland President Elect, like Trump, is dismissive of the Spy vs Spy approach to the world recommended by the spooks and is anti war, like Trump, and wants to reign in the excesses of the spy agencies as they work under cover both foreign and domestic.

Again, like Trump.

Anyway, it's a little amusing that these folks saw the future so clearly, but were paranoid on behalf of the Hillary character, but turned out to be accurate with regard to the Trump reality.

*end spoiler alert*

Back
Top Bottom