• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Home (Review + Movie link)

Orion

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Would just like to post this here for people to watch. (You have to go to youtube to watch it; the owners have prevented it from being streamed outside of youtube.)

YouTube - HOME (English with subtitles)

I'm sure the usual pessimists will come in and try to derail this thread after not even watching it, but for the rest of you who want to see a visually stunning and honest review of the world environmental situation as of 2009, please watch.

The movie is narrated from the perspective of an outsider telling the tale of humanity's rise as a celebration of genius and stewardship over the earth, and our important links to nature. It is a refreshing departure from the mainstream style of environmental films which tend to bash human development and chastize the viewer into shame while almost completely focusing on the negative.

Through looking at both the good and the bad, we are presented with perhaps one of the more digestible reality checks to become available in recent years. It is licensed under common use as the creators intended, which means you can watch it and not be committing piracy violations.

Just as a side note, this movie is pretty visually stunning. If you are familiar with films like Baraka or the Planet Earth series from BBC, it is en par to those. If you are patient enough to download the DVD quality version to watch on a big screen, I highly recommend it. At the same time, it's better that people watch the youtube version than not at all.

I hope you enjoy and that we can have a discussion later for those that are interested! :)

Would just like to post this here for people to watch. (You have to go to youtube to watch it; the owners have prevented it from being streamed outside of youtube.)

YouTube - HOME (English with subtitles)

I'm sure the usual pessimists will come in and try to derail this thread after not even watching it, but for the rest of you who want to see a visually stunning and honest review of the world environmental situation as of 2009, please watch.

The movie is narrated from the perspective of an outsider telling the tale of humanity's rise as a celebration of genius and stewardship over the earth, and our important links to nature. It is a refreshing departure from the mainstream style of environmental films which tend to bash human development and chastize the viewer into shame while almost completely focusing on the negative.

Through looking at both the good and the bad, we are presented with perhaps one of the more digestible reality checks to become available in recent years. It is licensed under common use as the creators intended, which means you can watch it and not be committing piracy violations.

Just as a side note, this movie is pretty visually stunning. If you are familiar with films like Baraka or the Planet Earth series from BBC, it is en par to those. If you are patient enough to download the DVD quality version to watch on a big screen, I highly recommend it. At the same time, it's better that people watch the youtube version than not at all.

I hope you enjoy and that we can have a discussion later for those that are interested! :)

I'll watch it but I'm not making any promises to like. :2razz:

I'll watch it but I'm not making any promises to like. :2razz:

As long as your critique is intelligent and not vitriolic, it doesn't matter to me if you like or dislike it. I just wanted to share it. :shrug:

As long as your critique is intelligent and not vitriolic, it doesn't matter to me if you like or dislike it. I just wanted to share it. :shrug:

Ok, so I'm going to be straight with you about this.
The visuals and music are great, love that part.
Now the bad part, the wants this video are asking for are currently unrealistic.

If we stop using oil, a lot of people have to die.

If we give more people access to safe drinking water, it's going to burn a lot of energy and reduce the natural water sources on land.

I'm not remotely interested in being a vegan or vegetarian, humans are not naturally those things.
The call for less meat consumption is unrealistic.

The calls for more foreign aid to developing countries, only cause problems with explosive birth rates and idle people.

To put it nicely, it can't work like that right now.

I saw Home when it first came out last year. Absolutely amazing documentary, visually stunning, informative and in many ways disturbing.

Back
Top Bottom