• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Home invaders stab 4 plus German Shepherd He

MaggieD

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
In Buffalo Grove, Il - suburban Chicago - shortly after Midnight this morning, three masked intruders, one armed with a large hunting knife, broke in and stabbed the four family members and their GSD. Victims age 16 to 49. The 49-year-old homeowner was able to get off a few shots with his handgun and the perps fled.

Homeowner still in hospital. Dog at vet clinic. Others treated and released.

Without a gun in the house, pretty sure this would have had a very different ending...

Home Invaders Stab Four People, Family’s Dog In Chicago Suburb « CBS Chicago.

Chicago??? These Obama voters are getting unhinged. It's a good thing the homeowner had a gun but liberals want everyone disarmed so that criminals have easier access to victims.

In Buffalo Grove, Il - suburban Chicago - shortly after Midnight this morning, three masked intruders, one armed with a large hunting knife, broke in and stabbed the four family members and their GSD. Victims age 16 to 49. The 49-year-old homeowner was able to get off a few shots with his handgun and the perps fled.

Without a gun in the house, pretty sure this would have had a very different ending...

Well they're going to be charged with felony gun possession.

Anti gun argument....

Good thing those criminals couldn't get a gun....then could have killed everyone.

I sure hope that the homeowner's FOID card is up to date and that the gun/ammo used was OK per IL law. ;)

Chicago??? These Obama voters are getting unhinged. It's a good thing the homeowner had a gun but liberals want everyone disarmed so that criminals have easier access to victims.

Your pathological need to make this about Obama duly noted.

It's in Chicago. I'm being slightly facetious because Chicago has such draconian gun laws.

I wondered if that was it. We're just slightly better now.

It's in Chicago. I'm being slightly facetious because Chicago has such draconian gun laws.

That hunting knife was likely illegal, too.

That is why I have several guns and three Dogs.

That hunting knife was likely illegal, too.

As was the hunting of the desired game. ;)

We are likely to discover that the perps had (lengthy?) prior records but guns and knives are the real problem. ;)

Under what law? Any law that prohibits a person who is not a felon or crazy from having a firearm in his home for self-defense violates the Second Amendment.

Strange things..........

.....inside the house around 12:05 Wednesday.....

....three of the people inside the house were related. The other two were friends, who do not live there......

......the homeowner managed to grab a gun and fire one shot....

....The animal was taken to an emergency veterinarian with a gunshot wound to the shoulder.....

4 people, dog stabbed in Buffalo Grove break-in | abc7chicago.com

:thinking

I'd like to know what relationship (if any) there is amongst these individuals.

Something's up here, IMO.

Under what law? Any law that prohibits a person who is not a felon or crazy from having a firearm in his home for self-defense violates the Second Amendment.

Man, you should have kept on reading, the answer was already on page one.

Buffalo Grove =/= Chicago! :doh

Buffalo Grove is a pretty solid upper middle-class northern suburb with a very highly ranked & acclaimed school system (Stevenson), and a quick glance at city-data shows 2014 income & housing values double the Illinois average - $93K & $276K respectively. The average recent selling price of homes is around $350K

It is overwhelming Caucasian with Hispanic & African-Americans making up a scant 5%, at 4% & 1% respectively. It boarders upon and extends into Lake County, which is the most affluent county in Illinois and one of the most affluent in the nation.

While Buffalo Grove, being further from the lake, is not at the stratospheric wealth level of the old-line blue-blood demographics of it's lakefront brethren several suburbs over (i.e. Lake Forest or Kennilworth), it's still not exactly Obama demographics.

So I'm calling 'foul' on this one.

Yep!

Huh?

Ok, you had me for a minute. :lol:

I sure hope that the homeowner's FOID card is up to date and that the gun/ammo used was OK per IL law. ;)

Crazy liberal laws......

And why not? The ineptitude and anti-gun stance of obozo, is a big part of the equation.

I'm not sure the draconian and idiotic, Chicago gun laws, include this other community.

Back
Top Bottom