• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Home defense hero.

Simpletruther

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Another good guy with a gun Saves the day.
Protects his family and rids society of an evil threat.

We should all be ceilibrating these heros.

Gun homicides in LA 2021 - 400

We should all be ceilibrating these heros. . . . .
. . . . . even if they're outnumbered 100 to 1 by people who simply shouldn't be in possession of a firearm.

How ironic that more than a dozen "good guys with guns" were actually in the school building, doing nothing for 45 minutes while a crazy gunman terrorized children. One can't help but wonder how many "good guys with guns" would have been enough in Uvalde Texas.

As it should be, but then again since it's Kalistan he will probably get the chair.

. . . . . even if they're outnumbered 100 to 1 by people who simply shouldn't be in possession of a firearm.

How ironic that more than a dozen "good guys with guns" were actually in the school building, doing nothing for 45 minutes while a crazy gunman terrorized children. One can't help but wonder how many "good guys with guns" would have been enough in Uvalde Texas.
?? This relates to the OP how? Maybe wrong thread?

?? This relates to the OP how? Maybe wrong thread?
I thought the thread was about a "good guy with a gun". Did you miss that? I'm sure I read that phrase in the OP.

That is why we shouldn't be cheering more.

Instead we treat cops line criminals. In the old days this would likely have been different.

And it's why we might be I trouble if war hits. There is no hero mentality any more, it's all about me and my feewings.

I thought the thread was about a "good guy with a gun". Did you miss that? I'm sure I read that phrase in the OP.
But didn't you go a little extreme and overstate things as far as the burglary went?
Really though what I was mostly looking at was your whole school shooting thing in TX.
Good guy with a gun, Yes he was. Sucked for the burglar but the post really didn't seem related.

That is why we shouldn't be cheering more.

Instead we treat cops line criminals. In the old days this would likely have been different.

And it's why we might be I trouble if war hits. There is no hero mentality any more, it's all about me and my feewings.
Which ones and how would it have been different?

And on the same day 320 other folks were shot, 111 of them died. Most of them were victims.

In the “old days” in Los Angeles, the LAPD was regarded as a criminal organization, and ordered to be placed under a federal consent decree — for more than a decade — while the department was cleaned up. The. Rodney King beating wasn’t horrible enough to force the feds to crack down on the LAPD, but the Ramparts Division scandal where confiscated drugs were being clandestinely sold, evidence planted on arrestees, falsifying reasons for arrests, and excess force used on arrestees was the final straw.

Not that long ago the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department was placed under a federal consent decree for the abuses in the county jail, and the brain-dead upper echelons who thought it was a good idea to stonewall, lie, and destroy evidence pertaining to the FBI investigation. Unlike the Ramparts scandal, the sheriff and other higher ups were actually sentenced to prison.

While the LAPD and the LASD have histories of corruption, plus the current Sheriff’s attempt to join his predecessor in fomenting scandal, there are brave and responsible officers in both organizations. Why we have sadists in the two LE agencies who freely ignore reforms is beyond me.

Yes, he is a hero.

That "evil threat" will never again harm other human beings.

And some people say they oppose abortion.

Amazing!

Why is it amazing?
It is amazing that some pro-life people do not realize that when there is an abortion, that means the possibility of one less baby growing up to be a violent criminal, such as the individual who has just killed those children.

Yes, I realize that pro-life people counter with: "But the aborted baby could have been another Einstein." Possibly.

But probably not. Society should not take any chances.

It is amazing that some pro-life people do not realize that when there is an abortion, that means the possibility of one less baby growing up to be a violent criminal, such as the individual who has just killed those children.

Yes, I realize that pro-life people counter with: "But the aborted baby could have been another Einstein." Possibly.

It's an innocent until proven guilty thing.

Seems a bit early to celebrate.
Your article emphasises the word, alleged.

It would be far more likely this is some sort of pay back for a deal gone wrong than just a random attack by a random madman.

Armed robbery is incapable of being fully deterred by long jail times. It's easier to prove that you were robbed than it is to show that you were threatened by a gun. Unless there are CCTV cameras or witnesses it'd be very difficult to prove that they drew out a gun since there'd be no bullets or gunpowder at the crime scene and you'd have suffered no incriminating bullet wound. Hence legalising guns won't advantage a lot of victims who are ambushed even if some get lucky.

Whatever about the other arguments in the abortion debate, I still don't think that the risk of growing up in a criminal household is a valid reason for considering an abortion. Under that logic killing an adult would be like carrying out a 30 year post birth abortion. That doesn't make sense and puts us all at risk!

I can't believe a college intellectual would post this..

One or 10,000 people getting killed is nothing, but the next Beethoven or Rosa Parks could change the world

Back
Top Bottom