• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Holy Upset Batman-Tommy Robredo takes out Federer in three straight sets

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
What an upset. TR had never beaten Roger. Today its a 7-6, 6-3, 6-4 masterpiece for a guy many people had written off after lots of injuries. Robredo-a guy who wins like his good friend David Ferrer by getting everything back has improved his serve and went for winners. Most went in when needed

bravo Tommy. well done

All that crap with your head going back and forth for hours on end has to be detrimental to the brain, right up there with football and boxing.

uh that's why my box at the ATP is at the south side of the court-no back and forth

and on TV-well they film it from the back as well. I tried watching a pro match from the "50 yard line" position and you are right-

uh that's why my box at the ATP is at the south side of the court-no back and forth

and on TV-well they film it from the back as well. I tried watching a pro match from the "50 yard line" position and you are right-
Obviously you have too much money, it's not fair that some people sustain brain and neck trauma while you sit in your cushy box on the south side of the court. :lol:

Fed needs to call it a day and bow out! Don't want to see him go out on the bottom like Aggasi and conners etc.

Fed needs to call it a day and bow out! Don't want to see him go out on the bottom like Aggasi and conners etc.

well if he likes playing and can still be competitive, why not keep playing. Connors had that great run at age 39, beating one of the mentally toughest bulldogs in the history of the sport-the guy who really revolutionized the "double bend" forehand that is now the standard (Aaron Krickstein) and then beating Paul Harhuis in a match that featured perhaps the greatest lob defense point every seen at the open when Connors lobbed back 3 overheads.

semis in that Open losing to the top player in the world that year (Jim Courier)

Tommy is getting tuned by Rafa. I have seen every top tennis player in their prime starting with Laver. There is no doubt in my mind that Nadal-at his best was the best player so far-and his average performance is also the highest standard in history. Federer, Safin and Sampras all could challenge him at their best. Its hard to say if there is a better athlete in professional sports today then Nadal.

Nadals his on worse enemy. His style of tennis is destroying his body. Great player but sadly can't see him playing into his 30s and he will never be the same on grass.

Nadals his on worse enemy. His style of tennis is destroying his body. Great player but sadly can't see him playing into his 30s and he will never be the same on grass.

maybe so but the candle that burns brightest doesn't last the longest

Bravo to Stan. He's always had the talent. And hates off to Leander Paes whose smothering net coverage finally beat the Bryans at a major. Still, the last 15 months was the best run of any doubles team ever

Back
Top Bottom