• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Holy Land Uncovered, Jehovah's Witnesses and the Holocaust...

Daisy

"Make sure of the more important things."
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score

Sadly, Russia is committing very similar atrocities against the Jehovah's Witnesses today...

Jehovah’s Witnesses initially enjoyed peaceful worship in Russia after the Russian Federation granted national registration in 1992. The Witnesses registered again in 1999 under the Law on Freedom of Conscience and Religious Associations. There are hundreds of local religious organizations of Jehovah’s Witnesses registered and operating throughout the country.

However, Jehovah’s Witnesses face increasing challenges that seriously threaten their religious freedom. Since 2009, law-enforcement agencies have sponsored a nationwide campaign against the Witnesses by misapplying the Law on Counteracting Extremist Activity. Russian courts have declared dozens of Jehovah’s Witnesses’ publications—including the Witnesses’ official website, jw.org—to be extremist. Police have searched hundreds of homes and places of worship. Prosecutors have charged Witnesses with administrative and criminal offenses merely for attending or conducting religious meetings.

Despite censure by the European Court of Human Rights and other international bodies, authorities in Russia have done little to alleviate the harassment and discrimination that Jehovah’s Witnesses experience. Law-enforcement officials are incrementally intensifying their efforts to restrict the activity of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Jehovah’s Witnesses​—171,828

Congregations​—2,315

Attendance at the annual Memorial of Christ’s death​—293,933

Ratio of Jehovah’s Witnesses to population​—1 to 850

Population​—146,074,524

Witnesses Imprisoned for Their Faith​—26

https://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-region/russia/jehovah-witness-facts/

Jehovah's Witnesses were identified in the concentration camps with the purple triangle...

I bet that keeps them from trespassing on peoples' property and harassing them.

Perhaps watch the video before you pass judgement...

Uncovered? Is that like MTV Unplugged?

Perhaps watch the video before you pass judgement...

You've posted an hours worth of videos. Given your record of posting bull****, no thanks.

Jehovah's Witnesses would be fine if they didn't try to push their bull**** on others, but that's kinda their milieu. **** them.

You've posted an hours worth of videos. Given your record of posting bull****, no thanks.

Jehovah's Witnesses would be fine if they didn't try to push their bull**** on others, but that's kinda their milieu. **** them.

Then you can''t really comment with insight on what you are speaking...

Then you can''t really comment with insight on what you are speaking...

I've been harassed all of my life by trespassing Jehovah's Witnesses. I've also learned enough about them that I know recruitment is one of their central tenets. I'm speaking from that experience.

Do you deny that evangelism is one of their central tenets? Do you deny that they come unannounced, and uninvited to peoples' homes to accomplish this? By any other standard, this is at best rude behavior, and at worst criminal. Like I said, **** them.

I've been harassed all of my life by trespassing Jehovah's Witnesses. I've also learned enough about them that I know recruitment is one of their central tenets. I'm speaking from that experience.

Do you deny that evangelism is one of their central tenets? Do you deny that they come unannounced, and uninvited to peoples' homes to accomplish this? By any other standard, this is at best rude behavior, and at worst criminal. Like I said, **** them.

Then I can tell you without a doubt, people like you are not who we are searching for...try putting up a 'No Trespassing" sign so we won't waste anymore of your time or ours...

Then I can tell you without a doubt, people like you are not who we are searching for...try putting up a 'No Trespassing" sign so we won't waste anymore of your time or ours...

I have done. You assholes ignore them. I guess yours and your pretend god's wishes trump the consent of us ignorant, misguided folk.

I have done. You assholes ignore them. I guess yours and your pretend god's wishes trump the consent of us ignorant, misguided folk.

Try putting them up in plain sight on your property line...they will not be ignored...

Try putting them up in plain sight on your property line...they will not be ignored...

How about you crazy assholes just stop imposing yourselves on others, instead of requiring that I tell you not to?

Back
Top Bottom