• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Holy Hack Batman!!!!

NonoBadDog

Hates Kittens
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
I wonder how many more Democrat servers have been hacked.
Here is a list of all the latest hacked server.

1. The DNC
2. The DCCC (Democratic Congressional Campaign Comittee)
3. The Clinton Foundation
4. The Clinton Campaign

And they want us to believe Hillary's private server wasn't hacked.

The GOP are up in arms about it, too. They want congress to investigate...

Two dozen veteran Republican foreign policy experts plan to send a letter to Congress on Friday urging it to investigate the cyberattack on the Democratic National Committee's email server, the Washington Post reported.

The letter, which was provided to TPM, cautions that the release of thousands of hacked emails from top DNC officials was “not a partisan issue” but “an assault on the integrity of the entire American political process.”

“Congress has a responsibility to get to the bottom of this extraordinary breach, not only to determine who was responsible but also to consider the appropriate response,” the letter reads, as quoted by the Post..."

READ: GOP National Security Experts Ask Congress To Investigate DNC Hack

1. The DNC
4. The Clinton Campaign

Jesus. What are their passwords? "12345"?

1. The DNC
4. The Clinton Campaign

Actually, the hack the FBI is referring to is not the Clinton Campaign's internal servers; those have been carefully inspected and are supposedly not compromised. The FBI has found evidence that an auxiliary database maintained by the DNC that both the Sanders and Clinton campaign could access for statistics and other data was hacked, apparently by the same Russian hackers who have targeted the DNC, the Pentagon, DOJ and other governmental agencies.

Why aren't we as a nation outraged that a hostile foreign government appears to be deliberately trying to affect the result of an American presidential election... not to mention the ongoing attacks on various areas of our government itself?

I just don't understand.

Jesus. What are their passwords? "12345"?

It is pretty easy to hack. My wife tests software security and finds openings all the time. She does it on a quarantined test server before they put it out for the rest of the company. Just like anything else, if a person doesn't want to be good at what they do then they do a mediocre job and leave openings.

Actually, the hack the FBI is referring to is not the Clinton Campaign's internal servers; those have been carefully inspected and are supposedly not compromised. The FBI has found evidence that an auxiliary database maintained by the DNC that both the Sanders and Clinton campaign could access for statistics and other data was hacked, apparently by the same Russian hackers who have targeted the DNC, the Pentagon, DOJ and other governmental agencies.

Why aren't we as a nation outraged that a hostile foreign government appears to be deliberately trying to affect the result of an American presidential election... not to mention the ongoing attacks on various areas of our government itself?

I just don't understand.

We do it to other countries and they do it to us. They treat it like a game. About 15 years ago my wife's company lost a 2 million dollar bid because they got hacked by the other company and the other company was able to look at the proposal. They finally hired a company to come in and assess their situation. They were getting 1500 hits a day on their server. Now they have a department that does nothing but network security. They also have people that try to hack their own system through the internet and intranet through the software using stuff like sql injection. They have it pretty locked down. That is why it is necessary to have good people that follow security protocol and that doesn't even always work. One phishing email can cause a real headache.

We have interfered with elections from other countries just lately. Could be tit for tat.

Last edited:
It is pretty easy to hack. My wife tests software security and finds openings all the time. She does it on a quarantined test server before they put it out for the rest of the company. Just like anything else, if a person doesn't want to be good at what they do then they do a mediocre job and leave openings.

That's over my pay grade, but what little I do know is that there's basically three kinds of means of hacking. 1)Brute force attacks. 2)back doors in the os or site code, and 3)guessing at really poorly chosen passwords. The DNC has taken a lot of flack for being hacked (and oddly very little emphasis has been placed on the fact that Russian hackers are trying really really really hard to influence our election), but if the hacking is through back doors, is that part really their fault?

That's over my pay grade, but what little I do know is that there's basically three kinds of means of hacking. 1)Brute force attacks. 2)back doors in the os or site code, and 3)guessing at really poorly chosen passwords. The DNC has taken a lot of flack for being hacked (and oddly very little emphasis has been placed on the fact that Russian hackers are trying really really really hard to influence our election), but if the hacking is through back doors, is that part really their fault?

They hired a company to deal with their security. If people open phishing emails or uses bad passwords, like you are talking about then it is their fault. If the FBI told them they were having problems (which they did) and they didn't work with the FBI then they had a choice. It look at it like I do when I don't leave my keys in the car. If people didn't steal then I wouldn't need keys. Their whole security culture seems to be very relaxed. We hack Russia, China, Germany, name a country. We listen to their phone calls. They try to do that to us also. What is disturbing is that they are trying to influence our election, which we do to other countries. Even more reason to take cyber security seriously. They don't care what is right and wrong. Our govt doesn't care what is right and wrong either. Bureaucrats don't care. It is a big game to governments.

Last edited:
Another, and very popular, method is social engineering. In fact, human users are most often the weakest link in a secure network.

I would say the RNC are having their servers checked and double checked.

I applied for an IT job working at the RNC, didn't get the position but I think their server are better managed. They have a lot of big wigs from silicon valley in security over there. I wonder what went wrong at the DNC though. Ironically, democrats seem to have a lot more issues with technology. This is the main reason I can't vote for Clinton.

Back
Top Bottom