• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Holy cow!

TheGirlNextDoor


DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I just let my dogs out before going to bed, and a freaking HUGE owl took off right in the middle of my backyard next to an old pin oak.

I bet it's wing span was at least 6'! It scared the bejeezus out of me. I've never seen an owl that big around here (in town).

The dogs went ape!

It was Diana's army of Owls.

Diana is not evil or anything, but it's probably something like this:

I just let my dogs out before going to bed, and a freaking HUGE owl took off right in the middle of my backyard next to an old pin oak.

I bet it's wing span was at least 6'! It scared the bejeezus out of me. I've never seen an owl that big around here (in town).

The dogs went ape!

You sure it wasn't the Jersey Devil? Or the Mothman??? Guess it depends on where you live. ;) LOL

Last edited:
It has been years since I have even heard an owl let alone seen one. Buzzards and once every 4 or 5 years a bald eagle are about the best we get any more. There are a bunch of hawks in my area, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

You sure it wasn't the Jersey Devil? Or the Mothman??? Guess it depends on where you live. ;) LOL

I don't believe in such things. Besides, I'm in Kansas... near Fort Leavenworth. The biggest thing flying overhead around here would be military planes or the random jet liners on their way to KCI.

I don't believe in such things. Besides, I'm in Kansas... near Fort Leavenworth. The biggest thing flying overhead around here would be military planes or the random jet liners on their way to KCI.

He's implying that all of the people who do believe in such things were probably just seeing owls in the dark too. :)

The dogs went ape!

Oh, I'll bet! Woulda scared the heck out of me too. Still, how awesome!

The dogs went ape!

Are you sure that Hogwarts School of Magic wasn't trying to give you a scholarship??:lol:

He's implying that all of the people who do believe in such things were probably just seeing owls in the dark too. :)

BTW, I caught that. Thanks anyway. :lol:

The dogs went ape!

I was just checking up on you, hon, to make sure you were doing okay. Sorry I scared you and the dogs. I'll be quieter next time! :)

Oh, I'll bet! Woulda scared the heck out of me too. Still, how awesome!

*blush* Why yes, yes I am awesome. Thank you for noting that! :mrgreen:

Last edited:

The dogs went ape!

The sh*t just got real, darlin'. It was probably one of those aliens that eats the asses off of cows. Was it speaking Spanish?

A 6' wingspan doesn't seem odd to me at all, but then I live in Oregon.

them damned owls are a lot bigger than most people suspect.... some of them are scary big

when I was a teen we had one that was hunting our cats and picking em' off one by one... never did get a clean shot at that sonufabich, but he/she eventually left.

The dogs went ape!
...who?

Are you sure that Hogwarts School of Magic wasn't trying to give you a scholarship??:lol:

funny-owl-laugh-hahaha-No.jpg

Back
Top Bottom