• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Hollywood's pathetic attempt to make america anti-straight male

torch

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
At the oscars, hollywood had a bunch of people who played gay or transexual win or at least get nominated...I dont hate homonsexuals love is love and express it how you want but there is an anti-straight male movenment in hollywood and has been for about 10 years...Look at all the shows..."desperate housewives" is about a bunch of women cheating on their husbands and shows like the view, oprah, and inside edition applaud it then they bitch about women being views as sex symbols....I am not christian..I do a thing called thinking for myself so I cant be christian...I am a straight man and I don't like to feel guilty for being a straight male who is not homophobic...I believe men and women, straight or gay are all equal and there shouldn't be a prejudice against anyone based on sex or sexual preference, but there is a this notion in the hollywood media that gay people and women are better, smarter, and superior to straight males..I agree we are equal not better...it seems like hollywood and religion have more in common than they would like to admit...there agends seem the same "One sex is better than all others based on sex and sexual preference" If we get on religion for being anti-woman (unless they bring up mary magdelene being second to jesus and the feminists applaud that..they seem to forget all the radical sexism in the bible all because of some imaginary woman was second to the imaginary jesus) We need to get on hollywood for being anti-straight male

Last edited:
No one can force guilty feels on you. If you feel guilty about being a straight male maybe you should seek help.

Kettiecat said:
No one can force guilty feels on you. If you feel guilty about being a straight male maybe you should seek help.

Here, here. Seems to me he's maybe hiding something from himself, or at the very least, not being completely honest in his post.
If he doesn't have a problem with gays or transgendered, or as he says, sees men and women as being equal, then there really shouldn't be a problem.

I'm guessing here, but I noticed a bit of veiled anx in his post. Where is that comming from if not from his personal feelings of inadiquacy then a deep seeded anger that even he's not willing to admit.
If I'm right, then eventually it will come out and he will eventually admit to it, accept it and hopefully deal with it.
He seems fairly sane, honestly, but I do think he's got some issues he needs to deal with.

Homosexuality is still a taboo subject in America. It's progressed, but it's still a touchy subject. Therefore, making movies about it is seen as brave and people will watch them.

desperate housewives" is about a bunch of women cheating on their husbands and shows like the view, oprah, and inside edition applaud it then they bitch about women being views as sex symbols
This I have to agree with, lol. :mrgreen: The stupidity of some things...it's like women who were tank tops and push up bras and then yell at you for looking. But Desperate Housewives, besides being the Television equivalent of Syrup of Ipecac for me, is about infidelity, sex, and lust, which are all popular in the worst regions of the human creature.

Hollywood isn't pushing one sex or sexuality as better then another, it's only going along with the flow of society and it's values and ethics. And churning out crap films filled with chopped up romance stories and explosions that "make big boom"!

torch said:
..."desperate housewives" is about a bunch of women cheating on their husbands

Dude...what are you talking about. Do you watch D.H.? Or have you even seen an episode. There is only 1 character that is cheating on her husband. The majority of the show has absolutely nothing to do with what you are bitching about. I don't knock you for your opinions....but if you feel that way, at least use examples that support what you are saying. Otherwise, it makes it sound like you are ranting about something you know nothing about.

torch said:
At the oscars, hollywood had a bunch of people who played gay or transexual win or at least get nominated...I dont hate homonsexuals love is love and express it how you want but there is an anti-straight male movenment in hollywood and has been for about 10 years...Look at all the shows..."desperate housewives" is about a bunch of women cheating on their husbands and shows like the view, oprah, and inside edition applaud it then they bitch about women being views as sex symbols....I am not christian..I do a thing called thinking for myself so I cant be christian...I am a straight man and I don't like to feel guilty for being a straight male who is not homophobic...I believe men and women, straight or gay are all equal and there shouldn't be a prejudice against anyone based on sex or sexual preference, but there is a this notion in the hollywood media that gay people and women are better, smarter, and superior to straight males..I agree we are equal not better...it seems like hollywood and religion have more in common than they would like to admit...there agends seem the same "One sex is better than all others based on sex and sexual preference" If we get on religion for being anti-woman (unless they bring up mary magdelene being second to jesus and the feminists applaud that..they seem to forget all the radical sexism in the bible all because of some imaginary woman was second to the imaginary jesus) We need to get on hollywood for being anti-straight male

Why would you feel guilty?

but there is a this notion in the hollywood media that gay people and women are better, smarter, and superior to straight males.

I myself have not see this but who cares what hollychitwood says?
Do you live your life by what crap comes from there?
Beside maybe for the first time in our history its ok to be gay?
If you really think gays are equal them allow them to have their spotlight..

Its not like the Gay police are gonna come kick your door down and force you to be gay...:roll:.....:lol: :lol:

disneydude said:
Dude...what are you talking about. Do you watch D.H.? Or have you even seen an episode. There is only 1 character that is cheating on her husband. The majority of the show has absolutely nothing to do with what you are bitching about. I don't knock you for your opinions....but if you feel that way, at least use examples that support what you are saying. Otherwise, it makes it sound like you are ranting about something you know nothing about.

No kidding! Not to mention the fact that Gabrielle cheating is SO last season. :mrgreen: And the fact of the matter is, stuff like that DOES happen in real life, so why shouldn't they have a storyline about it?

T.V. is evil and is killing your soul...

Demons dance about from pixel to pixel simply waiting for moments when they can transcend the beams of light and attack your sub-conscious. It is horrible to witness, the tearing apart of sanity…slowly dissolving cognitive abilities…scary.

Desperate housewives? What a joke that any person would even know the name of a character on that or any other immoral program spouting wickedness and promoting sloth.

Hollywood portrays many many many more straight males then they do gay males. The fact that some movies that portray homosexuality won some awards can not be interpreted as hollywood trying to turn you gay or turn america against the straight male. Good lord they also tend to give out awards to pretty people who go all out of their way to portray UGLY does that mean they're anti-beautiful? They also give awards for people who play mentally ill or mentally disabled well....does that mean they are anti the healthy well functioning brain?

talloulou said:
Hollywood portrays many many many more straight males then they do gay males. The fact that some movies that portray homosexuality won some awards can not be interpreted as hollywood trying to turn you gay or turn america against the straight male. Good lord they also tend to give out awards to pretty people who go all out of their way to portray UGLY does that mean they're anti-beautiful? They also give awards for people who play mentally ill or mentally disabled well....does that mean they are anti the healthy well functioning brain?

Excellent post!!! :applaud

talloulou said:

I agree:

And the Oscar for Best well thought out and expressed thread on this topic goes to:
Talloulou

In reply to Torch's original post:

You didn't give a single fact, or opinion, that proves Hollywood is (or ever was) trying to make America "anti-straight male." Point out one movie or TV show that directly attacks straight people.

I'm not anti-gay, but I don't like the recent wave of gay media either. However, I do believe it is my problem. As long as I'm not forced to watch it, it is fine with me. I certainly see no reason to feel threatened by it.

unknownsoldierX said:
In reply to Torch's original post:

You didn't give a single fact, or opinion, that proves Hollywood is (or ever was) trying to make America "anti-straight male." Point out one movie or TV show that directly attacks straight people.

I'm not anti-gay, but I don't like the recent wave of gay media either. However, I do believe it is my problem. As long as I'm not forced to watch it, it is fine with me. I certainly see no reason to feel threatened by it.

Why not? I assuming you oppose all expressions of heterosexuality in the media too then? Gottaa be fair, man. And no offence, but if you don't feel threatened, what's your beef with it?

Why not? I assuming you oppose all expressions of heterosexuality in the media too then? Gottaa be fair, man. And no offence, but if you don't feel threatened, what's your beef with it?

"Expressions of hetersexuality in the media", where did I even mention that? How was I not fair? I said that I believe it to be my problem. I didn't say I had a beef with it. I just don't like it. And be disliking it, I don't mean I have any hatred towards gay people, in the media or not.

unknownsoldierX said:
"Expressions of hetersexuality in the media", where did I even mention that? How was I not fair? I said that I believe it to be my problem. I didn't say I had a beef with it. I just don't like it. And be disliking it, I don't mean I have any hatred towards gay people, in the media or not.

Well, you dislike gay media so you must also dislike straight media, otherwise I'd be worrying. You do admit you have a problem with it...Why?

Well, you dislike gay media so you must also dislike straight media

So if I dislike apple pie, I have to dislike apples?

I also dislike Spanish TV, mostly because I don't speak fluent Spanish, but also because there is a cultural difference. I don't think there's anything wrong with Spanish TV stations, nor is there anything wrong with me not enjoying they're programming. Not enjoying another cultures entertainment doesn't make me racist/prejudice.

Anyway, don't take my saying "I don't like" to mean "I hate".

I only entered this thread to say how baseless the original posters argument was.

unknownsoldierX said:
So if I dislike apple pie, I have to dislike apples?

I also dislike Spanish TV, mostly because I don't speak fluent Spanish, but also because there is a cultural difference. I don't think there's anything wrong with Spanish TV stations, nor is there anything wrong with me not enjoying they're programming. Not enjoying another cultures entertainment doesn't make me racist/prejudice.

Anyway, don't take my saying "I don't like" to mean "I hate".

I only entered this thread to say how baseless the original posters argument was.

Apples + Apple Pie=Strawman.

I'm just genuinely curious as to why it you dislike it, but don't dislike media portreying straight peoeple.

Enola/Alone said:
Apples + Apple Pie=Strawman.

I'm just genuinely curious as to why it you dislike it, but don't dislike media portreying straight peoeple.
The media doesn't portray straight people...

The fact that a majority of things seen in any media shows straight people does mean that the issues shown are straight issues...

Example...Let's say that the media is doing a report on an auto dealership...They show a guy and a girl holding hands going into the showroom...

What is that trying to portray?...

That STRAIGHT people go to that dealership?...No...

That PEOPLE go to that dealership?...Yes...

The straight part is irrelevant...

Here's how you can think about it...

Name something that ONLY straight people deal with?...

Other than pregnancy tests, I can't think of any...

cnredd said:
The media doesn't portray straight people...

The fact that a majority of things seen in any media shows straight people does mean that the issues shown are straight issues...

Example...Let's say that the media is doing a report on an auto dealership...They show a guy and a girl holding hands going into the showroom...

What is that trying to portray?...

That STRAIGHT people go to that dealership?...No...

That PEOPLE go to that dealership?...Yes...

The straight part is irrelevant...

Here's how you can think about it...

Name something that ONLY straight people deal with?...

Other than pregnancy tests, I can't think of any...

And the couple in these adds are expressing their straight sexuality, albeit in a low-key way. I'm not straight, but it doesn't make me uncomfortable, so I don't get why gay media makes heterosexuals uncomfortable.

Back
Top Bottom