• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hollywood Hypocrisy: We Say Gay (Unless China Doesn't Want Us To)

Schism

Destroyer of Propaganda
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Hollywood Hypocrisy: We Say Gay (Unless China Doesn't Want Us To)
Hollywood is so full of hypocrisy and ultimately, despite pushing a liberal narrative, the only thing that truly animates them is the unholy buck.

Nothing symbolizes that more than their approach to the controversy over the parental rights bill that was passed in Florida that some on the left have falsely called the “Don’t Say Gay” law.

We saw both Disney and some of the media go after Florida for the law, despite the fact that the law doesn’t say anything about being gay. We also saw that Americans were siding with the law and the parents, and rejecting Disney as a result.

But meanwhile, then you have real “don’t say gay” actions from Warner Brothers, and Hollywood seems to be just cool with that.

For example, the gay relationship in the new Harry Potter film, “Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore” was edited out of the movie by Warner Bros. for the film’s release in China.

Translation: All Profits Matter

Capitalism is bad now? We should be more like China? When you, as individual, visit another country you are subject to that country's laws. When a company does business in another country it is subject to that country's laws. Do you want Warner Bros. to stop doing business in China and make less profit?

Are you serious with this? Of course Hollywood is hypocritical. Duh.

God bless capitalism!
Yes, following the demands of a communist country makes you not communist, but instead, capitalist.

I prefer the capitalism that didn't cuck to the CCP pls. Can I get that back?

Oh, yes!

China is now conducting an anti-sissy campaign.

They want real tough studs, presumably to help conquer Taiwan.

That app for gays to meet one another is no longer available in China, for example.

And Hollywood has agreed to remove certain gay scenes before exhibiting the movies in China (something like Hollywood used to remove certain scenes that might upset people in the American South).

Oh, yes!

China is now conducting an anti-sissy campaign.

They want real tough studs, presumably to help conquer Taiwan.

That app for gays to meet one another is no longer available in China, for example.

And Hollywood has agreed to remove certain gay scenes before exhibiting the movies in China (something like Hollywood used to remove certain scenes that might upset people in the American South).
Hollywood has a lot of work to do. It seems there is a gay scene in every movie now day's.

Yes, following the demands of a communist country makes you not communist, but instead, capitalist.

Hollywood is going both ways. China doesn't like the gays so no gay scenes. Gay is the in thing is the US apparently so bring on the gay scenes. Try to find a commercial these day's without a gay couple.

Hollywood has a lot of work to do. It seems there is a gay scene in every movie now day's.
Then gay scenes must make money. They're in business to make money.

I have no idea what your response means?

Even the baking shows have their fair share of gay guys and I think it's great and I'm not gay.
I don't care. I barley notice the gay stuff any more. Have sex with who turns you on, not my business.

There is an ulterior motive that's for sure.
It's not "ulterior" it's business. You make money in Hollywood you keep your job. You don't, bye bye.

Capitalism is bad now? We should be more like China? When you, as individual, visit another country you are subject to that country's laws. When a company does business in another country it is subject to that country's laws. Do you want Warner Bros. to stop doing business in China and make less profit?

Are you serious with this? Of course Hollywood is hypocritical. Duh.

Some people have integrity and principles, some don't. It sounds like you support the latter.

I know this is going to be really complicated for you, but if you try real hard you might be able to keep up: Disney and Warner Brothers are two different companies. If one company does something, and another company does something different, that is not hypocrisy

Do try again, but with less fail..

I'll put you down for "Principles for Sale".

It's not "ulterior" it's business. You make money in Hollywood you keep your job. You don't, bye bye.
I agree it's about money. It's ulterior in that they make it look like they care to attract the people they are selling to.

Some people have integrity and principles, some don't. It sounds like you support the latter.
Yeah, can we come back to the real world, please? On the one hand, our neo-conservatives are all for hands hands off business and let's make a profit. On they other hand when businesses do things neo-conservatives don't like, (Disney, for example) the businesses are horrible. Who's the hypocrite?

Nope. You cannot. Hollywood has money to count.

Even the baking shows have their fair share of gay guys and I think it's great and I'm not gay.
I would fully expect gay guy's on a baking show.

I agree it's about money. It's ulterior in that they make it look like they care to attract the people they are selling to.

Kaboom. That's the sound of truth exploding.

1. Since when is there a gay scene in EVERY movie?
2. about 7% of Americans are LGBTQ or other, so why not include them in regular life. With about 1 in 13 LGBTQ in the US, it is logical to find them in movie worlds too.

Back
Top Bottom