• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hollywood Hypocrisy: We Say Gay (Unless China Doesn't Want Us To)

So you do want a gay-free safe space? Why not go for it?

China does and the movie studios comply. It's hilarious watching you make your accusations though. But really it's sad to watch the LBGTQ community and their supporters embrace a commercial enterprise paying lip-service to a cause only to stand down when profits are in question. It's a façade. It's the most magical place on Earth. It's all bullshit, yet here you are attacking me. LOL!

I'll never understand why the left are satisfied with the fantasy of support from an industry that really doesn't support you.

I'll put you down for "Principles for Sale".
You can put me down for whatever you want, but it will have no basis in reality. I am sorry you do not comprehend what "hypocrisy" means, or why 2 different companies in two different situations acting differently is not hypocrisy, but that is all on you.

You can put me down for whatever you want, but it will have no basis in reality. I am sorry you do not comprehend what "hypocrisy" means, or why 2 different companies in two different situations acting differently is not hypocrisy, but that is all on you.

Some people stand on principles, and those principles aren't for sale. If you believe so strongly about a cause, why would you set that aside to make a buck? People like that can never be trusted, because they never had your back to begin with.

Sounds like you're defending that. That's on you.

Some people stand on principles, and those principles aren't for sale. If you believe so strongly about a cause, why would you set that aside to make a buck? Peale like that can never be trusted, because they never had your back to begin with.

Sounds like you're defending that. That's on you.
I am not defending anything. I have made no effort to defend anything. I have said nothing that could, in any way, shape nor form be considered defending anything. I have simply pointed out the inaccuracy of your OP and your OP source(a propaganda blog). You can try and spin that into something completely different, but that will just make you look bad, not me.

I wonder if there’s a way I can watch the Chinese cut of Hollywood movies in English.
It might help to stop being intellectually lazy and "wondering", and do some actual research to find your answer.

China does and the movie studios comply. It's hilarious watching you make your accusations though. But really it's sad to watch the LBGTQ community and their supporters embrace a commercial enterprise paying lip-service to a cause only to stand down when profits are in question. It's a façade. It's the most magical place on Earth. It's all bullshit, yet here you are attacking me. LOL!

I'll never understand why the left are satisfied with the fantasy of support from an industry that really doesn't support you.

^ This is an example of the victimhood complex of the Right.

You clearly want a safe space from the gays, and when called out on it, you cry that you are being "attacked." No, Schism, you're having your bullshit exposed, and you can't stand the smell of it. Too bad it's your own shit that you refuse to acknowledge. :)

^ This is an example of the victimhood complex of the Right.

You clearly want a safe space from the gays, and when called out on it, you cry that you are being "attacked." No, Schism, you're having your bullshit exposed, and you can't stand the smell of it. Too bad it's your own shit that you refuse to acknowledge. :)

Leave it to you to build a straw man. The article is about Hollywood's fickle principles and causes that they don't really believe.

They'll take your money just like China's money, and they'll tell you they support whatever you want to hear from them until profits are at risk, then they'll strip out whatever China wants stripped out.

Hollywood principles have much in common with Democrat principles. Biden and Pelosi made all sorts of progressive promises, and now they run away in the face of failure, because the political winds changed. They face disaster in November, are losing black and hispanic voters, while swing voters and suburbanites are nowhere to be seen in your party.

Remember, when the Democratic Party says they care about you and your causes, like Hollywood, they lie to you until profits are in jeopardy, or in the case of Democrats, donations and votes. Then they'll abandon your cause, because principles are for sale to the highest bidder.

You built that, and your argument supports it.

Leave it to you to build a straw man. The article is about Hollywood's fickle principles and causes that they don't really believe.

They'll take your money just like China's money, and they'll tell you they support whatever you want to hear from them until profits are at risk, then they'll strip out whatever China wants stripped out.

Hollywood principles have much in common with Democrat principles. Biden and Pelosi made all sorts of progressive promises, and now they run away in the face of failure, because the political winds changed. They face disaster in November, are losing black and hispanic voters, while swing voters and suburbanites are nowhere to be seen in your party.

Remember, when the Democratic Party says they care about you and your causes, like Hollywood, they lie to you until profits are in jeopardy, or in the case of Democrats, donations and votes. Then they'll abandon your cause, because principles are for sale to the highest bidder.

You built that, and your argument supports it.

^ This is what projection looks like.

Hollywood is about business. Pure and simple. They will run with what generates dollars.

I thought you righties loved capitalism. Do you believe that capitalism should be regulated? Isn't that leftist?

^ This is what projection looks like.

Hollywood is about business. Pure and simple. They will run with what generates dollars.

I thought you righties loved capitalism. Do you believe that capitalism should be regulated? Isn't that leftist?

Principles and Integrity for Sale. See this poster for details.

Principles and Integrity for Sale. See this poster for details.

Argumentum ad hominem, and you didn't answer my questions. :)

Argumentum ad hominem, and you didn't answer my questions. :)

I never read your questions. I'm sure they're some variant of circular reasoning.

I never read your questions. I'm sure they're some variant of circular reasoning.

^ A point-blank admission of dodging my questions. And you haven't taken back your ad homs. :)

That ^ explains your non-answers, dodges, deflections, and strawman arguments to what you admit you "never read."

Hollywood drops your cause for profit and you're angry at me for pointing it out.

For Hollywood, Chinese money is more important that your social issues.

^ A point-blank admission of dodging my questions. And you haven't taken back your ad homs. :)

Your circular reasoning is of no interest to me. The topic of the thread is Hollywood's shifting concern for your social causes.

Your defense of their profiteering reveals your own shifting allegiances. Now you're trying to change the subject.

Reactions: PoS
Your circular reasoning is of no interest to me. The topic of the thread is Hollywood's shifting concern for your social causes.

Your defense of their profiteering reveals your own shifting allegiances. Now you're trying to change the subject.

Your lies, dodges, and ad homs still aren't answering my questions. Do you believe that capitalism should be regulated?

Hollywood has a lot of work to do. It seems there is a gay scene in every movie now day's.
By "gay scene" you mean literally any movie that has homosexuality even mentioned?

By "gay scene" you mean literally any movie that has homosexuality even mentioned?
There seems to be a lot of gay couples and interracial couples. More than representative of normal society. It’s obvious pandering.

Back
Top Bottom