• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hollywood Hypocrisy: We Say Gay (Unless China Doesn't Want Us To)

Yeah, can we come back to the real world, please?

In the real world you're being played by the sellers of Hollywood products.

On the one hand, our neo-conservatives are all for hands hands off business and let's make a profit. On they other hand when businesses do things neo-conservatives don't like, (Disney, for example) the businesses are horrible. Who's the hypocrite?

Warner and Disney.

I agree it's about money. It's ulterior in that they make it look like they care to attract the people they are selling to.
How on earth is that an ulterior motive? All businesses try to make it look like they care about the people they are selling to. Used car salesmen pretend they care about how reliable your car is. Bartenders pretend to care about your problems. GM pretends to care about high mileage when they're pissed they have to conform to government standards. You know this. Why the pretend naiveté?

1. Since when is there a gay scene in EVERY movie?
2. about 7% of Americans are LGBTQ or other, so why not include them in regular life. With about 1 in 13 LGBTQ in the US, it is logical to find them in movie worlds too.
I have no problem including them. The problem is that it's obvious to me why they are being included. If it's a natural part of a scene or a character then fine. It's seems that it's being artificially forced into movies and commercials. I have no doubt that PR people are pushing this to avoid backlash from the woke public.

In the real world you're being played by the sellers of Hollywood products.

Warner and Disney.
Of course! All businesses do what they can to make money that's what the stockholders want. All of a sudden it's a far right talking point? Why are you prtending this is a new thing? A leftist thing? You think Warner and Disney are run by bleeding heart liberals? This is ridiculous I'm out.

How on earth is that an ulterior motive? All businesses try to make it look like they care about the people they are selling to. Used car salesmen pretend they care about how reliable your car is. Bartenders pretend to care about your problems. GM pretends to care about high mileage when they're pissed they have to conform to government standards. You know this. Why the pretend naiveté?
Then replace the word "ulterior" if it bothers you so much. You get what I'm saying.

I have no problem including them. The problem is that it's obvious to me why they are being included. If it's a natural part of a scene or a character then fine. It's seems that it's being artificially forced into movies and commercials. I have no doubt that PR people are pushing this to avoid backlash from the woke public.
Avoid backlash from the woke public equals making more money. Corporations aren't run by people who care about gays or the woke public. It's all bottom line. Do you seriously not know this?

Then replace the word "ulterior" if it bothers you so much. You get what I'm saying.
Yeah, the gay stuff is all over the place these days and it can get annoying to us straight people. I totally get that. On the other hand, we put people in jail for being gay not too long ago so there's a little guilt out there and gay people want to make sure that never happens again. So we deal with it.

I don't care. I barley notice the gay stuff any more. Have sex with who turns you on, not my business.
Amen. What ever happened to the days where most folks minded their own business and not their neighbors?

Avoid backlash from the woke public equals making more money. Corporations aren't run by people who care about gays or the woke public. It's all bottom line. Do you seriously not know this?
They do care about gay's and the woke public when it comes to making money and staying in business. If the current public wasn't so woke they wouldn't be adding all the scenes.

1. Since when is there a gay scene in EVERY movie?
2. about 7% of Americans are LGBTQ or other, so why not include them in regular life. With about 1 in 13 LGBTQ in the US, it is logical to find them in movie worlds too.
It's all a big to do about nothing. Some people can find outrage everywhere they look.

Amen. What ever happened to the days where most folks minded their own business and not their neighbors?
Neighbors are one thing, seeing it on TV is another. It's kinda hard to ignore unless you don't watch TV.

Capitalism is bad now? We should be more like China? When you, as individual, visit another country you are subject to that country's laws. When a company does business in another country it is subject to that country's laws. Do you want Warner Bros. to stop doing business in China and make less profit?

Are you serious with this? Of course Hollywood is hypocritical. Duh.
You said it so much more eloquent.

China can do whatever they want.

Of course they can, so can movie studios. Like pandering to the LGBTQ community, but not really believing in it.

Why they are being included? You do know that movies are total make belief? There is nothing natural about movies. And maybe PR people want to include them because they feel they are part of society.

Capitalism is bad now? We should be more like China? When you, as individual, visit another country you are subject to that country's laws. When a company does business in another country it is subject to that country's laws. Do you want Warner Bros. to stop doing business in China and make less profit?

Are you serious with this? Of course Hollywood is hypocritical. Duh.
Good to see that your principles, values, and morals are for sale.

Back
Top Bottom