• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hold onto your hats as the Dow approaches a 1000 point decline

Ohhh... right-wing oppotunity to attack Biden. Too bad the dip is only temporary and the stock market will continue to go up as it has for the past several decades. Your wishful thinking that the market will crash is adorable, but no realistic.
Lol, I notice and often love big market dips and increases despite the party in office. Those dip buying opportunities are great as are the periods when you sit tight and watch your invested money go up or even soar.
Biden is mostly irrelevant to today's market activity but we'll see what happens with inflation going forward. Should it not be "transitory", Biden's name will move to the forefront of stock market discussions.

bought more BABA today. kind of risky but we'll see.

i at least averaged down. and if it gets to $194 i'm going to buy more.

did you READ her post?

not random at all

she is a black woman and claims to earn a good living, yet doesnt INVEST

you tell me what an appropriate response should have been
You arent allowed to criticize black people. You can only attack white males. You must have missed the memo

did you READ her post?

not random at all

I'm not aware that Aunt Antifa is black; One can earn a good living, not invest in the stock market and stilll create wealth.

I lost more than a third of my investment during the first covid panic but I was wise enough to see it was just a paper loss and held on and then totally recovered and more.

I am certain the market will recover this time too.

and i suppose you have never heard of investing that hard earned money

lmao

and the black community wonders why the white community continues to forge ahead of them?

I’m sorry? I’m a white woman who owns a home in one of the most expensive areas on the planet. How does your racism and inability to earn as much as me prove that the white community has forged anything ahead of anyone?

I’m sorry? I’m a white woman who owns a home in one of the most expensive areas on the planet. How does your racism and inability to earn as much as me prove that the white community has forged anything ahead of anyone?
He must think you are your avatar.

He must think you are your avatar.

He probably didn’t recognize her without the horns and tail normally filled in her pic on the sites he gets his news from.

It's a wonderful thing that all of our livelihoods are tied to the whims and fears of coked up gambling addicts. We have truly found the only system that could ever work.
There’s just a bit of hyperbole there. Institutional investors hold more sway long term than anyone else and they are generally not run by coked uo gambling addicts.

There’s just a bit of hyperbole there. Institutional investors hold more sway long term than anyone else and they are generally not run by coked uo gambling addicts.
We save ruining the economy for the confirmed fools. If you're talking about long term investments vs short term, I agree with you, though.

if you are CLOSE to retirement and 100% invested in stocks you are an IDIOT

every money manager and investment guru on the planet teaches you as you age to adjust your portfolio away from equities and into bonds(fixed income)

Yes, you EARN LESS but you also risk less

yes....tbills and bonds suck right now.....

my portfolio at the moment is over 25% cash waiting for a drop....
about 15% sitting in high dividend stocks (blue chips) think pepsi, P&G, Merck, and many others
about 15% sitting in nothing but utilities
and other 45% sitting in mostly high growth small and midcaps
I respectfully disagree. Given historical market performance there is no good reason to not stay heavily invested in a diverse portfolio of equities. Even after retirement.

did you READ her post?

not random at all

Nobody who isn't a racist would have responded this way to her post:

and the black community wonders why the white community continues to forge ahead of them?

So you're better than Auntie because she's black and you're white?

It's a wonderful thing that all of our livelihoods are tied to the whims and fears of coked up gambling addicts. We have truly found the only system that could ever work.
The best part, it's due to the corona virus, you know, that democratic hoax thingy. Seems like the folks who refuse to get vaccinated are rather susceptible to the delta variant and cases and deaths are growing. These are more than likely the same folks who know all about the economy and how to keep it humming. I call it collateral damage from the anti vaxxers.

We save ruining the economy for the confirmed fools. If you're talking about long term investments vs short term, I agree with you, though.
Yes long term. Short term isn’t investing it’s speculating. No different from betting on horses imo.

Last year, on a March day, the Dow declined almost 3000 points. I'm thinking that was due to the COVID scare of what was to come in terms of economies closing. The media is talking about today's decline being mostly attributable to the Delta variant but I'd guess inflation worries are certainly in the mix of concerns too.
The markets have already been told inflation will continue for another few months before backing off so I'm thinking that's a non issue.

I spent 38 years earning my money. It can earn for me now.

Okay! I’m pretty comfortable with my current financial situation. I think we’re gonna be okay.

Back
Top Bottom