• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hold onto your hats as the Dow approaches a 1000 point decline

I don't doubt this at all. Why would you think I would? I expect the market will far exceed its current high in the next 3+ years. My OP had nothing whatsoever to do with this president or any other. This thread was about today's performance in the Dow.
You say your OP had nothing to do with Biden? Here, let me cut and paste it for you here:

"
Lol, I notice and often love big market dips and increases despite the party in office. Those dip buying opportunities are great as are the periods when you sit tight and watch your invested money go up or even soar.
Biden is mostly irrelevant to today's market activity but we'll see what happens with inflation going forward. Should it not be "transitory", Biden's name will move to the forefront of stock market discussions."

Seems you forgot what you typed. Have you looked into Prevagen?

You say your OP had nothing to do with Biden? Here, let me cut and paste it for you here:

"
Lol, I notice and often love big market dips and increases despite the party in office. Those dip buying opportunities are great as are the periods when you sit tight and watch your invested money go up or even soar.
Biden is mostly irrelevant to today's market activity but we'll see what happens with inflation going forward. Should it not be "transitory", Biden's name will move to the forefront of stock market discussions."

Seems you forgot what you typed. Have you looked into Prevagen?
Your comments are growing even more comical at this point. Did you want your out of the blue "attack Biden" comment ignored, did you intend it as some weird bait, or what? Here is a nice picture of how it really played out no matter how big and bold you want to make your font. Biden was never on my mind in this thread but I was nice enough to try to address your snarky and oddly defensive Biden comment.

Screenshot 2021-07-19 231125.png

Good. **** the stock market. Its not an indicator of the country’s financial well-being. Just rich people playing with everyone else’s money.

that is your quote verbatim

**** the stock market........yeah....sounds like you invest heavily

please enlighten us with your wisdom and brilliance, and how you make your money work for you

I don’t invest heavily. I don’t have to. You are obviously on some kind of fixed income. I am not. You live in a suburb in GA, I do not. I have way more money than you and will retire in greater financial freedom and stability.

How does it feel to know a Marxist commie Antifa is better at capitalism than you?

I don’t invest heavily. I don’t have to. You are obviously on some kind of fixed income. I am not. You live in a suburb in GA, I do not. I have way more money than you and will retire in greater financial freedom and stability.

How does it feel to know a Marxist commie Antifa is better at capitalism than you?
if what you say is true i applaud you

you truly are the upper 1%

if you have read ANY of my previous posts.....i dont know, i have a few thousand that talk about my previous life as a CFO, my current business, and my investments, then you wouldnt think i live on a fixed income

Mine is all there to see.....for the last 6-7 years of posting.....maybe even longer than that

From my investing through the career, through purchasing this business

So again, if true....i applaud you for reaching the pinnacle

But eventually the high income jobs will come to a halt, and if your money isnt working as hard as you did, it will disappear faster than you earned it

if what you say is true i applaud you

you truly are the upper 1%

if you have read ANY of my previous posts.....i dont know, i have a few thousand that talk about my previous life as a CFO, my current business, and my investments, then you wouldnt think i live on a fixed income

Mine is all there to see.....for the last 6-7 years of posting.....maybe even longer than that

From my investing through the career, through purchasing this business

So again, if true....i applaud you for reaching the pinnacle

But eventually the high income jobs will come to a halt, and if your money isnt working as hard as you did, it will disappear faster than you earned it

I’m sorry, I just don’t believe someone living on a fixed income in Ga is a rung below “pinnacle”.

Well for all the rhetoric it does look like the Dow isn't in serious trouble. Some travel related industries seem to be the Debbie Downer but they are not heading for the floor. The resurgence of Covid seems to be the excuse, but apparently not much of one... ✌️

Last year, on a March day, the Dow declined almost 3000 points. I'm thinking that was due to the COVID scare of what was to come in terms of economies closing. The media is talking about today's decline being mostly attributable to the Delta variant but I'd guess inflation worries are certainly in the mix of concerns too.
Im more concerned about inflation.

Breathing a little better today folks? Hopefully none of you put in any sale orders yesterday.

I don’t invest heavily. I don’t have to. You are obviously on some kind of fixed income. I am not.
I had this discussion with my daughter when she offered to pay for dinner the other night because I’m on a “fixed income.” My answer was “Who isn’t”.

She paid anyway. :)

Im more concerned about inflation.
Inflation can be really weird! I remember a time of home loan interest rates in the teens.

Your comments are growing even more comical at this point. Did you want your out of the blue "attack Biden" comment ignored, did you intend it as some weird bait, or what? Here is a nice picture of how it really played out no matter how big and bold you want to make your font. Biden was never on my mind in this thread but I was nice enough to try to address your snarky and oddly defensive Biden comment.

View attachment 67343848
tl:dr

Anyway.. Prevagen...you should look into it! Remember the first step is admitting the problem exists!

And again.. you're welcome.

Sorry, no financial disaster for @gbg3

Sorry, no financial disaster for @gbg3

No 10-15% pullback this time but I'm very patient. Opportunities come up and I'm more than happy to wait for them before making any additional investments. Those big down days like yesterday do, however, spark my interest to watch and pay attention.

Definitely appears to be a Covid driven sell off yesterday
Inflation concerns don't come and go in 24 hours

It's starting to look like a big down day in the market today. We'll see if it changes its mind and moderates but it's looking like a rough day right now.
ok.. you posted this yesterday... now I understand. Just wondering though. Since yesterday have you loosened that clinching grip your right hand has on your scrotum?

bought more BABA today. kind of risky but we'll see.

i at least averaged down. and if it gets to $194 i'm going to buy more.
bought BABA yesterday at 208.10.

long term though.

Back
Top Bottom