• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Hold my Guns" program

Impossible to know. Besides, you don't need a gun to kill yourself. Gonna turn in your shoelaces, all the knives in the kitchen, your car (source of carbon monoxide), your gas stove, all of the electrical cords in the house, every tool in your garage, drain the swimming pool, stop all local railroad traffic, tear down tall builidings and cut down trees, barricade bridges----- and so forth?
I still think the big problem here is transfer without a background check or a waiting period.

Over 22,000 gun related suicides per year. In two years you almost have as many people than what died during the Vietnam War and the Vietnam War was over 10 years long.

Two firearms safety instructors have a plan to prevent suicides among gun owners | WITF

Feeling suicidal?

There's a program in some states were they will hold your guns for you until you're feeling better. Sometimes it's a gun dealer. Other times it's a local gun group.

How effective do you think a program like this would be?

1. I believe an individual's "right to life" includes the right to "voluntarily end it."

2. I don't support any "compelled" seizures, but I have no problem with voluntarily "storing" one's weapons with someone else if the owner so chooses.

1. I believe an individual's "right to life" includes the right to "voluntarily end it."

So does that include making it easier for people to do so ?

2. I don't support any "compelled" seizures, but I have no problem with voluntarily "storing" one's weapons with someone else if the owner so chooses.

So in your mind, anyone not prohibited by law to owning a firearm, should be able to have one ?

Something tells me that you'd be the first to squeal if a loved one was shot by someone with a certified mental illness.

Over 22,000 gun related suicides per year. In two years you almost have as many people than what died during the Vietnam War and the Vietnam War was over 10 years long.

Two firearms safety instructors have a plan to prevent suicides among gun owners | WITF

Feeling suicidal?

There's a program in some states were they will hold your guns for you until you're feeling better. Sometimes it's a gun dealer. Other times it's a local gun group.

It would seem like an effective program to me. I have held the guns of a friend under similar conditions.

I called it like it is. A 100% objectively false claim that is easily verified by looking one post up is a lie. It's not a mistake. It's a lie. A person who lies is a liar. If he said he eats meat, I'd call him a carnivore. He tells a lie, I'll call him a liar.

Which is Griz code for arguments he is unable to counter...
Guy, you claimed I said I something that was 100% false, easily proven by the post you had quoted. It's 100% true that you lied. Stop lying and fewer people will call you a liar.

Feeling suicidal?

Insanely stupid. Totally ineffective.

Impossible to know. Besides, you don't need a gun to kill yourself. Gonna turn in your shoelaces, all the knives in the kitchen, your car (source of carbon monoxide), your gas stove, all of the electrical cords in the house, every tool in your garage, drain the swimming pool, stop all local railroad traffic, tear down tall buildings and cut down trees, barricade bridges----- and so forth?
If you are determined to commit suicide you don't have to have a gun. It's about control more than anything else. Take away the right to bear arms and what do you take next?

Guy, you claimed I said I something that was 100% false, easily proven by the post you had quoted. It's 100% true that you lied. Stop lying and fewer people will call you a liar.

Yeah...but you can't put your finger on what the "something" is.

If you claim there was a lie, please say what the claim was, why it is false and in what post# it was in.

Feeling suicidal?

Probably not very effecitive - Dems will probably put a stop to it, insisting that the gun-holder undergo a background check before he can take a gun from someone who is suffering.

Feeling suicidal?

Every one has the right to end their own life.

Feeling suicidal?

The Romans killed themselves with swords and knives. The Japanese did it in a ritual way. Everyone dies. It is tragic when a young person dies but that is not a new phenomena because of guns. The statistic of people who died is not interesting because after a short time it is always 100%

Last edited:
Studies show that most people surviving a suicide attempt are overjoyed to have survived and do not make another attempt.
And how many of those just want attention? It's hard to survive jumping off a ten story building or eating a bullet or a noose. The bullet is survivable usually with a nose , ear or cheek missing or shattered jaw. Shit that was a reply to last Wednesday.

Over 22,000 gun related suicides per year. In two years you almost have as many people than what died during the Vietnam War and the Vietnam War was over 10 years long

Feeling suicidal?

At reducing suicide or suicide by gun?

I think the gun owning community should promote holding onto others firearms for them if they are in this state or dealing with domestic violence.

Do some reading.

Why, to answer your shameful question, you're as bad as jaeger who said that people who survived a suicide attempt, didn't really want to die.

A quite contemptible statement.

Yeah...but you can't put your finger on what the "something" is.
I already told you what your lie was. I have no problem putting my finger on it. The problem appears to be your ability to comprehend simple things.

If you claim there was a lie, please say what the claim was, why it is false and in what post# it was in.
29. After I said something, you "reinterpreted" my post to mean something that I had said in response to (yet another) of your inane posts. I told you I meant what I said, and in post 29 you said that I'd said I didn't care. This is a lie, evidenced by the post you'd quoted earlier where I in no way said I didn't care. There's your lie.

I know you'll try to deflect with some of your standard bullshit but that was 100% a lie. End of story. You lied.

Back
Top Bottom