• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

HLN should fire Nancy Grace for this

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Nancy Grace’s Dramatic Zimmerman Claim Fails TheBlaze’s Fact Check Miserably | Video | TheBlaze.com

On Saturday night, less than two hours before the verdict was delivered in the George Zimmerman case, HLN’s Nancy Grace continued to mischaracterize George Zimmerman by repeating a misquoted section of the 911 call that had been debunked over a year ago.
The transcript from the HLN segment reads:
“I’ll tell you what I think made a difference. When that 9-1-1 tape first came out — and everybody, get ready, this is graphic language — when it first came out that Zimmerman had said ‘f**king coon‘ on the 9-1-1 call, to me, that was open-and-shut that that showed open ill will and hatred. Now they’ve revised it to say he said ‘These punks, they always get away with it.’ I’m wondering if that reinterpretation of what he said made a difference as to a jury finding ill will in Mr. Zimmerman’s heart.”
HLN did not bleep out the graphic language.

(link has video)

Nancy Grace’s Dramatic Zimmerman Claim Fails TheBlaze’s Fact Check Miserably | Video | TheBlaze.com

On Saturday night, less than two hours before the verdict was delivered in the George Zimmerman case, HLN’s Nancy Grace continued to mischaracterize George Zimmerman by repeating a misquoted section of the 911 call that had been debunked over a year ago.
“I’ll tell you what I think made a difference. When that 9-1-1 tape first came out — and everybody, get ready, this is graphic language — when it first came out that Zimmerman had said ‘f**king coon‘ on the 9-1-1 call, to me, that was open-and-shut that that showed open ill will and hatred. Now they’ve revised it to say he said ‘These punks, they always get away with it.’ I’m wondering if that reinterpretation of what he said made a difference as to a jury finding ill will in Mr. Zimmerman’s heart.”

(link has video)

I didn't realize this call was ever an issue (in this sense) - I haven't listened to it since it was first released.

But the part that's supposed to be in question - it always sounded like he said "****ing punks" to me. . . and it still does.

In journalism - if it's not CLEAR you need to say 'unintelligible'

(link has video)

I think it was pretty clear from the beginning how the media wanted to frame this case.

She didn't do anything any other non-Fox reporter didn't do. Just look at NBC's drastic edit of the 911 call.

Nancy Grace is the worst of the worst to begin with. That there are people who seriously follow her is a clear sign the species is on it's last leg. Probably one of the most disgusting talking heads ever.

There was an in audible element of the tape that haters quickly rushed to claim was a racial slur as presented by Grace. Even the FBI in its the crime investigation examined it and it's been determined that was not said.

The OP is correct. Grace knows that is not the truth, and to use it as she did is wrong for which she should be punished. I'm thinking she should be fired and ordered to pay a good 75% of her net worth to Zim for the grievance. That might teach her a lesson....one many who make determinations about this case that ate wrong will never understand or have to pay.

(link has video)

She is a disgusting person.

Sadly, she is on the air because people watch her.

That is the true travesty.

She's asking this question: "I’m wondering if that reinterpretation of what he said made a difference as to a jury finding ill will in Mr. Zimmerman’s heart.”

No - try not to put words in her mouth. She's saying the EXACT thing that you guys are saying. Her lead-in to the question might be a bit confusing, but she's not saying "I KNOW he said it" . . . she's discussing the same thing you guys are bringing up - at first they thought he said "coon" and now he said "punks" . . . yes?

She begins by saying "I'll tell you what I THINK made a difference." She says it slowly and carefully. I don't see the issue in what she brought up. She was asking him a question and to do so, she had to set up the back-history to the phrase in question.

His answer: "I think it came down to a compromise."

Not once (in the clip presented through the link) does she say "He said COON and I know that's what he said" or something ot that affect. She's not putting words into his mouth or misrepresenting what happened with the tape.

If they fired her, most people would forget that channel exists, so not going to happen. I literally just checked to see if it was still on the same place on my cable as it used to be because I cannot recall the last time I even saw HLN. Once they stopped being a news recap loopy channel, I stopped watching them

I had never heard Nancy Grace before. I honestly just assumed she was a conservative and liberals hated her just for her views. As they hate Oreilly or Limbaugh, etc. But, I actually tried watching her during the coverage of Zimmerman, and she is truly horrendous.

As to the op, I don’t understand how anyone could ever hear Coon. 1) it sounds nothing like it and 2) what 27 year old is running around using the term coon? My grandfather… maybe…

This grotesque genetic mutation of a human gets ratings.

Does that not explain so much about the reaction to this case by itself?

She is a disgusting person.

Sadly, she is on the air because people watch her.

That is the true travesty.

I'd never heard of her until the Jodie Arias case. I watched her a few times then and she seemed to have some good reporting and commentary. I guess because she was stating some things I agreed with??

Now after watching her some on the GZ/TM case I can see her in a much better perspective and she is an opinionated dipstick. When she says something to the effect... "I love my job because I make a difference everyday" I almost puke.

(link has video)

Josie, since Saturday night people have been falling over themselves in a race to be the most outraged TV pundit. All Grace was doing was trying to stay relevant by slinging more poo or a different scent of poo than the other lunatics out there.

She's asking this question: "I’m wondering if that reinterpretation of what he said made a difference as to a jury finding ill will in Mr. Zimmerman’s heart.”

No - try not to put words in her mouth. She's saying the EXACT thing that you guys are saying. Her lead-in to the question might be a bit confusing, but she's not saying "I KNOW he said it" . . . she's discussing the same thing you guys are bringing up - at first they thought he said "coon" and now he said "punks" . . . yes?

She begins by saying "I'll tell you what I THINK made a difference." She says it slowly and carefully. I don't see the issue in what she brought up. She was asking him a question and to do so, she had to set up the back-history to the phrase in question.

His answer: "I think it came down to a compromise."

Not once (in the clip presented through the link) does she say "He said COON and I know that's what he said" or something ot that affect. She's not putting words into his mouth or misrepresenting what happened with the tape.

I hate Nancy Grace but you are correct here. I didn't hear her say anything about "he really said coons!" It was more a questions of "this is what we originally heard, now we know it's this, does that impact the trial from what it could have been". That does not mean, to me, that she's saying in any way that she is claiming that he said anything racist.

Oh, and the Blaze has a fact checking team? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

Oh wow, that's rich, lol. I'm dying with laughter right now, lol.

I didn't realize this call was ever an issue (in this sense) - I haven't listened to it since it was first released.

But the part that's supposed to be in question - it always sounded like he said "****ing punks" to me. . . and it still does.

In journalism - if it's not CLEAR you need to say 'unintelligible'

That was another piece in the phony race angle that the press manufactured when this issue first hit the national news media.

All you need to do is study what racial group predominately watches NG. That will explain all your questions.' Have some fun. Try to put words to what 'HLN' means.

Nancy Grace is using the Glenn Beck technique of "ASKING QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!!!". Of course, people who normally rail beck are trying to nuance out Grace's statement, and vise versa.

My only comment is this...

67150317d1373750271-jury-deliberations-w-113-bpfsyqscuaaghyz.jpg-large.jpg

Back
Top Bottom