• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

History Game

Moot

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The rules of the game are whoever guesses or knows the correct answer to the question or clue given below must then post a new question for others to answer and whoever answers correctly must then post a new question and so on. The only stipulation is the questions have to history related.

Clue: This man was a lawyer and held a high postition in the US government. His body is interred at Arlington National Cemetary. Who is he?

images

The rules of the game are whoever guesses or knows the correct answer to the question or clue given below must then post a new question for others to answer and whoever answers correctly must then post a new question and so on. The only stipulation is the questions have to history related.

Clue: This man was a lawyer and held a high postition in the US government. His body is interred at Arlington National Cemetary. Who is he?

images

That's Abraham Lincoln's son, Robert.

Three brothers, all professional actors, in a production of Julius Caesar.
Who is the one on the far left?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

John Wilkes Booth.

What came to an end on Tuesday, May 29th, 1453?

The Roman Empire.

The three men that are the subject of this photograph are General Obregano, Pancho Villa and General John, "Black Jack", Pershing. Who is the officer standing at Perhsing's left shoulder?

Hint: In WW2, he led the longest, fastest march of an American army in the history of the American military.

The Roman Empire.

The three men that are the subject of this photograph are General Obregano, Pancho Villa and General John, "Black Jack", Pershing. Who is the officer standing at Perhsing's left shoulder?

Hint: In WW2, he led the longest, fastest march of an American army in the history of the American military.
Patton.

Who is he and what army did he serve?

images

clue: he was born in Prussia

Last edited:
Patton.

Who is he and what army did he serve?

images

clue: he was born in Prussia

Baron Von Steuben, Continental Army

sedwick_john.jpg

This man was the highest ranking Union casualty of the war. His last words were, "Don't worry men they couldn't hit an elephant from this distance," before being struck in the head by a sniper's bullet.

Baron Von Steuben, Continental Army

View attachment 67112281

This man was the highest ranking Union casualty of the war. His last words were, "Don't worry men they couldn't hit an elephant from this distance," before being struck in the head by a sniper's bullet.

General John Sedgwick.

Who was the only woman to be the legitimate queen of both England and France?

General John Sedgwick.

Who was the only woman to be the legitimate queen of both England and France?

Mary, Queen of Scots.

Who farted when bowing before Queen Elizabeth I and was so embarrassed that he didn't go back to court for 7 years and when finally he did, the Queen said, "My Lord, I had almost forgot the fart?"

Mary, Queen of Scots.

Sorry, incorrect. Mary Stuart was queen of neither. The correct answer is Eleanor of Aquitaine (1122-1204), wife of first Louis VII of France and then Henry II of England.

Who farted when bowing before Queen Elizabeth I and was so embarrassed that he didn't go back to court for 7 years and when finally he did, the Queen said, "My Lord, I had almost forgot the fart?"

Great question!

Edward de Vere, Earl of Oxford did it. Not 100% sure it's not an apocryphal story.

Who was the mother of Tutankamun?

Sorry, incorrect. Mary Stuart was queen of neither. The correct answer is Eleanor of Aquitaine (1122-1204), wife of first Louis VII of France and then Henry II of England.

Great question!

Edward de Vere, Earl of Oxford did it. Not 100% sure it's not an apocryphal story.

Who was the mother of Tutankamun?

His Mother's name is unknown though her mummified corpse has been discovered. She was the daughter of Ahmenhotep III (I know this because I just read about this in my Fine Arts Class).

Q: Why did Martin Luther (not MLKJr) not go to Law School?

His Mother's name is unknown though her mummified corpse has been discovered. She was the daughter of Ahmenhotep III (I know this because I just read about this in my Fine Arts Class).
You got me! I have to say, I always thought it was Nefertiti, but apparently not. Bonus point for you!

Actually, they think they've identified her now: Beketaten, the youngest sister of Akhenaten, his father. That's tentative; they know it was one of his sisters, and she's the most likely one.

Q: Why did Martin Luther (not MLKJr) not go to Law School?

Don't know that one. I want to say blacks weren't allowed to at the time, but I don't know for sure.

If that's right, let me know and I'll post a question.

You got me! I have to say, I always thought it was Nefertiti, but apparently not. Bonus point for you!

Nefertiti was Akhenaten's principle wife (or however it's described).

They were in ruling just before Tutankhamen. Akhenaten and Nefertiti were different rulers - they changed location, rules and upheld different beliefs, even art-styles changed. . . people didn't like that much - after they were gone from power things quickly reset to what they were before they were in place and they tried to wipe out evidence of their reign.

Actually, they think they've identified her now: Beketaten, the youngest sister of Akhenaten, his father. That's tentative; they know it was one of his sisters, and she's the most likely one.

very cool!

Don't know that one. I want to say blacks weren't allowed to at the time, but I don't know for sure.If that's right, let me know and I'll post a question

Martin Luther - from the Middle Ages. :)

damn, I'm sure I read that somewhere.

ah ha, google is my friend, is it 'cause he nearly got struck by lightning?

Close - I'll give it to you :)

He actually prayed to St Anne during a terrible storm - promising to join a monestary if he made it away alive.
He survived - and joined the Order of the Hermits.

Spud, new question...

****, ummm....here's a tough one for you all.

He rose to fame and political power partially on the back of his skill at defusing the first international cricket riot.

HAH! tough for you maybe. . . my Dad played Cricket like a madman!
Who is Barton?
(If that's right the only reason why I remember is because my Dad told me - his telling of events was inspired by a kid on our church teamed with the last name of Barton - I never forgot the last name because he was my first crush)

Next question (if Barton is the correct answer):
What is one infallible bit of proof that cavemen really made cave-art thousands of years ago?

HAH! tough for you maybe. . . my Dad played Cricket like a madman!
Who is Barton?
(If that's right the only reason why I remember is because my Dad told me - his telling of events was inspired by a kid on our church teamed with the last name of Barton - I never forgot the last name because he was my first crush)

Edmund Barton was the first Prime Minister of Australia.

Edmund Barton was the first Prime Minister of Australia.

Ah! I knew his name - but didnt know his political tidbits.
I had no clue he was the Prime Minister. . . nor that he was Australian :)

Back
Top Bottom