• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

History Game

I got one for Spud:

What was the largest engagment that the ANZAC's fought in during Vietnam and which unit(s) participated?

It was also mentioned in a song by which Australian group.

Next question (if Barton is the correct answer):
What is one infallible bit of proof that cavemen really made cave-art thousands of years ago?

Oh booo you guys :)

I'll spoil it and pass the torch. . . stalactites and stalagmites are the one infallible proof used to date cave-art because you just can't *fake* natural mineral deposite formations. In some areas such cave forms have overlapped cave-art, making it easier for geologists to date them.

Whose last words were "All my possessions for a moment of time."...?

Whose last words were "All my possessions for a moment of time."...?

I think that was Good Queen Bess, or Lizzie the First.

On whose tombstone are inscribed the words, "I told you I was sick"?

I think that was Good Queen Bess, or Lizzie the First.

On whose tombstone are inscribed the words, "I told you I was sick"?

Spike Milligan :p

Which king has been killed by monkeys and then has been succeeded by his father?

Ellen Bromback.

Alexander the Great.

Where did Alexander the Great die?

Babylon.

What was Billy the Kid's real name?

Babylon.

What was Billy the Kid's real name?

Billy Bonney.

Who was the 1st woman known to have married for love (by her own choice) in recorded history?

Hint: She's already been mentioned in this thread.

Billy Bonney.

Who was the 1st woman known to have married for love (by her own choice) in recorded history?

Hint: She's already been mentioned in this thread.

Mary Queen of Scots??? I got her wrong the first time so I'd thought try for a double. LOL

Mary Queen of Scots??? I got her wrong the first time so I'd thought try for a double. LOL

Eleanor of Aquitaine (with her marriage to Henry II, not Louis).

(3rd time's a charm, though...;))

Last edited:
Eleanor of Aquitaine (with her marriage to Henry II, not Louis).

(3rd time's a charm, though...;))
And I"ve watched the Lion in Winter countless times, too. lol

You want to ask a new question since I blew that one?

Naw, you can go ahead and ask one... (that's a great movie, btw)

Naw, you can go ahead and ask one... (that's a great movie, btw)

What was the name of the General Custer's Indian scout that survived the battle of Little Big Horn?

I got one for Spud:

What was the largest engagment that the ANZAC's fought in during Vietnam and which unit(s) participated?

It was also mentioned in a song by which Australian group.

I presume it's Long Tan, and it was 6th RAR, and 1st ATF I think too, though i could be wrong on that one, the song is I Was Only 19, by Redgum (best song about Vietnam to come from Australia, that and Khe Sahn, by Cold Chisel)

It was Spike Milligan. It's written in Irish. I've never heard of Ellen Bromback, so I can't deny the fact that she has the same epitaph. Perhaps she does. Can anyone enlighten me as to who she was? She doesn't have a wiki entry.
Sorry, I meant Erma Bombeck, a very funny author. For years I had heard the quote was on her tombstone and I just checked and find it was a myth. King Alexander of Greece. argh, I'm not doing too well at this game, am I? lol

Well, bub you got the last question correct would you like to post another question?

Just an idea, since I keep messing the order up, would it be better to let the person asking the question to confirm first whether or not the answer is correct, before the next question can be asked? Perhaps, that way more people have a chance to answer and then whoever is the first to get it right will then get to ask the next question? Or is the way we've been doing it okay with you guys? Or maybe I should the only one to wait for confirmation and if wrong, let others still try to answer. lol

Last edited:
Sorry, I meant Erma Bombeck, a very funny author. For years I had heard the quote was on her tombstone and I just checked and find it was a myth. King Alexander of Greece. argh, I'm not doing too well at this game, am I? lol

Well, bub you got the last question correct would you like to post another question?

Just an idea, since I keep messing the order up, would it be better to let the person asking the question to confirm first whether or not the answer is correct, before the next question can be asked? Perhaps, that way more people have a chance to answer and then whoever is the first to get it right will then get to ask the next question? Or is the way we've been doing it okay with you guys? Or maybe I should the only one to wait for confirmation and if wrong, let others still try to answer. lol

no problem :p I don't know what to ask, so I'll let you find a question :D

Since it didn't get answered I'll just pose this one again.

What was the name of General Custer's Indian scout that survived the battle of Little Big Horn?

Since it didn't get answered I'll just pose this one again.

What was the name of General Custer's Indian scout that survived the battle of Little Big Horn?

White Man Runs Him.

What year did the first world war end in Andorra, and how big was their army?

White Man Runs Him.

What year did the first world war end in Andorra, and how big was their army?

Andorra, because it was forgotten by the Treaty of Versailles, was technically at war with Germany until 1957. All responsibility for its defence is shared between Spain and France. I don't think it has ever had its own army.

Who won the Wars of the Roses, Yorkshire or Lancashire?

Patton.

Who is he and what army did he serve?

images

clue: he was born in Prussia

Friedrich Wilhelm von Steuben, served under washington.

who is this?

hint: she is polish

Attachments

• 225px-Mariecurie.jpg
    225px-Mariecurie.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 52
Andorra, because it was forgotten by the Treaty of Versailles, was technically at war with Germany until 1957. All responsibility for its defence is shared between Spain and France. I don't think it has ever had its own army.
It's army had 11 men :lol:
Friedrich Wilhelm von Steuben, served under washington.

who is this?

hint: she is polish

Marie Curie.

Anda's question still stands.

Back
Top Bottom