• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

History books that warrant a good reading

MiamiFlorida said:
Revisions of history are helpful -- when they're based on all the available documents and other evidence, and are not mere brattiness on the part of the scholar. It's a big jump from "revision" to "revisionism". Many journalists who do their homework would tell you a "scholar" opinion is is just what they present you with....and many, many previous historians....established and recognized.....would question the validity of Jim Powell's conclusions, to name one of your sources.

There is no difference b/w revision and revisionism it's all revisionist history, not to you but to the last 10 b.s. books poster, T.B., why don't you just roll out the red carpet for the thought police?

Last edited:
Trajan Octavian Titus said:
There is no difference b/w revision and revisionism it's all revisionist history
'Revised' history is history that is updated through legitimate documentary and evidenciary means.

'Revisionist' history is a falsification of history in order to support a particular thesis or ideology.

The definitive terminology is explicit and self-evident... and the difference is quantum rather than non-existant.

Tashah said:
In Irving's book, The Destruction of Dresden, he maintained the death toll to be well over 200,000. Almost all legitimate historians place the figure at around 31,000. Even German documents support this number. We have already had this debate in another thread (you lost big time)... shall we rehash it again here mein Herr?

Can't you read? I stated that historians whose mistakes all tend to support one particular thesis, rather than being random mistakes, can be viewed as falsifiers of history and revisionists. Exactly what part of this is so difficult for you to grasp?

Lol... surely you jest. This was not a 'political case' at all... it was a libel case initiated by David Irving against Deborah Lipstadt/Penguin Books. This case will never be overturned (Ad Finito) and will remain a beacon of truth against the forces of neo-nazi historical revisionism.

Hmm, Well on your denying the holocaust site u cited to me, it said that he stated the death toll to be 60,000 - 100,000 in his New Version of the Dresden Bombing Book printed in the 1990's

Good Estimates indicate that the Number was well over 30,000. The Number of refugees there from the East was huge, And they were undocumented because the Nazi Goverment didnt care, or just couldnt handle all the bunches of People. So the documented residents died were 25,000-30,000, but considering the thousands of refuggees, its at least many thousand higher, up to probally 100,000 at most.

And it doesnt matter who sued, thats the pathetic of modern day law, and as a beacon of truth? Thats so false its just funny. Irving may be a Revisionist and Neo-Nazi Holocaust Denier, but the Other Side of the group isnt perfect either, them and their preaching about "6,000,000 Dead", "Holocaust was Unique", "Germans are all evil and held accountable" , "Hitlers the biggest mass murderer in history", sorry but each one of those statements is false or overexagerrated.

Tashah said:
In Irving's book, The Destruction of Dresden, he maintained the death toll to be well over 200,000. Almost all legitimate historians place the figure at around 31,000. Even German documents support this number. We have already had this debate in another thread (you lost big time)... shall we rehash it again here mein Herr?

Can't you read? I stated that historians whose mistakes all tend to support one particular thesis, rather than being random mistakes, can be viewed as falsifiers of history and revisionists. Exactly what part of this is so difficult for you to grasp?

Lol... surely you jest. This was not a 'political case' at all... it was a libel case initiated by David Irving against Deborah Lipstadt/Penguin Books. This case will never be overturned (Ad Finito) and will remain a beacon of truth against the forces of neo-nazi historical revisionism.

Hmm, Well on your denying the holocaust site u cited to me, it said that he stated the death toll to be 60,000 - 100,000 in his New Version of the Dresden Bombing Book printed in the 1990's

Good Estimates indicate that the Number was well over 30,000. The Number of refugees there from the East was huge, And they were undocumented because the Nazi Goverment didnt care, or just couldnt handle all the bunches of People. So the documented residents died were 25,000-30,000, but considering the thousands of refuggees, its at least many thousand higher, up to probally 100,000 at most.

And it doesnt matter who sued, thats the pathetic of modern day law, and as a beacon of truth? Thats so false its just funny. Irving may be a Revisionist and Neo-Nazi Holocaust Denier, but the Other Side of the group isnt perfect either, them and their preaching about "6,000,000 Dead", "Holocaust was Unique", "Germans are all evil and held accountable" , "Hitlers the biggest mass murderer in history", sorry but each one of those statements is false or overexagerrated.

Tashah said:
'Revised' history is history that is updated through legitimate documentary and evidenciary means.

'Revisionist' history is a falsification of history in order to support a particular thesis or ideology.

The definitive terminology is explicit and self-evident... and the difference is quantum rather than non-existant.

Ha ha, Yes yes, but how, HOW, exactly do you know that they aren't changing the known history to suit their own needs? This one may hit too close to home but I'm going to say it anyways: read a U.S. text book these days and you would be under the impression that Israel, not the attacking arab states of 1948 created the internment camps for the Palestinians. Revision gives room to revisionist history, if I'm lying come to college with me for a month and see the accepted history!

Last edited:
cnredd said:
[Moderator mode]

Temper! Temper!

We are not in The Basement...ease up with the language & personal attacks.

[/Moderator mode]

Then you do your job properly and stop showing favouritism to your liberal friends.
He abused me and implied that I am a homosexual:I am calling his bluff and inviting him to say that to my face in person.

teacher said:
(In the voice of Marv Albert).

He shoots he scores.

I repeat my challenge:say it to my face!

We interupt this program for this important message:

Can't post them up here, but have you seen the Nazi related Top Tens?

The Basement.

Top Ten lists.

That's right, 40, count'em 40, Nazi jokes.

And you've been wondering what that racket has been downstairs.

Do you really want to start thumping chests? Odds are I can thump harder. To your face? Of course I would. I would never let my mouth write a check my body couldn't cash. That's like a given for me. And mods, I don't mind. Let him thump.

Aryan Imperium said:
Then you do your job properly and stop showing favouritism to your liberal friends.
He abused me and implied that I am a homosexual:I am calling his bluff and inviting him to say that to my face in person.

Just a joke boss. I know nothing about you but what I read. cnredd and I liberals? You sure know how to hurt a guy.

if I'm lying come to college with me for a month and see the accepted history!
Lol... college? I teach in a university.

So, I assume that you're well aware of the leftist slants in the poli sci, history, and economic departments? Try having an avid communist teach you U.S. foriegn policy.
Regrettably, History was not a part of the Physics syllabus.

Teachers are people who the System accepts for their own gains in Corrupting and misteaching the New Generation, All Through History teachers have been shown to just be propoganda agents, if you went back to Nazi Germany or the USSR in the 1930's/1940's, and a person was a teacher teaching History and Politics at a University, Would you really expect fairness??? The US is slightly diferent, because we actually get books published telling us how unfree we are, and the suprising emergence of the 1970's act allowing full dictorial powers to the president, and such.

Yes I admit in the modern world the teachings are different, but there is always still the caution of that.

The Truth-Bringer said:
Teachers are people who the System accepts for their own gains in Corrupting and misteaching the New Generation, All Through History teachers have been shown to just be propoganda agents, if you went back to Nazi Germany or the USSR in the 1930's/1940's, and a person was a teacher teaching History and Politics at a University, Would you really expect fairness??? The US is slightly diferent, because we actually get books published telling us how unfree we are, and the suprising emergence of the 1970's act allowing full dictorial powers to the president, and such.

Yes I admit in the modern world the teachings are different, but there is always still the caution of that.

Correct analysis of the teaching "profession".
Teachers are merely the conveyors of state propaganda and the USA is no exception to this. I can think of no more contemptable occupation other than lawyers and estate agents.

Aryan Imperium said:
Teachers are merely the conveyors of state propaganda and the USA is no exception to this. I can think of no more contemptable occupation other than lawyers and estate agents.

Ah, but you forget rope braider's and cross builders.

Teacher, None of you posts make any Logical or Physical sense. They are just useless spam. Same with those 2 random posts there.

The Truth-Bringer said:

"Education is a system of imposed ignorance" -Noam Chomsky

TimmyBoy said:
"Education is a system of imposed ignorance" -Noam Chomsky

" I never let Schooling Interfere with my Education" - Mark Twain

the Coming of the Third Reich is always a good one.

The Truth-Bringer said:
Teacher, None of you posts make any Logical or Physical sense. They are just useless spam. Same with those 2 random posts there.

Then you are left in the dust my son.

Just for you.

An explanation of the oblique way my mind works.

From post #43.

teacher said:
Hey Ayran, do pillow cases with eye holes cut out impair your vision? Just wondering: From a future pillow biter.

Check my sig.

As per Ayrans posts he agrees with the mantra of the KKK.

So, imagine he takes white pillow cases and cuts holes for his eyes to see and dons such for his KKK hood. I was just asking does that diminish his ability to see. Valid question I think. It's called smack sport. Get up to speed.

From Ayrans post #42.

Aryan Imperium said:

Here Ayran states that teachers, lawyers, and real estate agents are the worst of the worst. In reply I state two more.

teacher said:
Ah, but you forget rope braider's and cross builders.

Rope braider's, ie. those that make rope which may be used to hang black folks and cross builders who may make crosses to crucify blacks upon.

So I have have added two occupations that Ayran has forgotten. All while insulting him with correct facts and witty humor that goes over your head. That, junior, is the defintion of smack in my little world. Now by the simple process of explaining the joke (which always losses humor in the explanation thereof) I have smacked you. Get it?

You're not very bright are you?

teacher said:
Then you are left in the dust my son.

Just for you.

An explanation of the oblique way my mind works.

From post #43.

As per Ayrans posts he agrees with the mantra of the KKK.

So, imagine he takes white pillow cases and cuts holes for his eyes to see and dons such for his KKK hood. I was just asking does that diminish his ability to see. Valid question I think. It's called smack sport. Get up to speed.

From Ayrans post #42.

Here Ayran states that teachers, lawyers, and real estate agents are the worst of the worst. In reply I state two more.

Rope braider's, ie. those that make rope which may be used to hang black folks and cross builders who may make crosses to crucify blacks upon.

So I have have added two occupations that Ayran has forgotten. All while insulting him with correct facts and witty humor that goes over your head. That, junior, is the defintion of smack in my little world. Now by the simple process of explaining the joke (which always losses humor in the explanation thereof) I have smacked you. Get it?

You're not very bright are you?

Certainly Brighter than you, but this kind of "humor" is often very much just psychological propoganda, and rhetoric. Its just a persuasive device, nothing to do with the Argument or anything. You are skilled in humor and apparently some psychological techniques, but as per your arguments, I see no structure or any argument at all. Humor deserves no place in logic, because humor is impossible to exist in logic, unless its a fallacy which are kicked out of logic.

Back
Top Bottom