• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Historical Victories for Women in Mid-Terms that MSM Ignored

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
After Tuesday's mid-term elections, I heard almost nothing from the mainstream news media about the historical victories scored by these 8 women... I wonder why?

Repub_women.jpg

Kristi Noem - The first woman elected governor of South Dakota
Kim Reynolds - The first woman elected governor of Iowa
Kay Ivey - The first Republican woman elected governor of Alabama
Jeanette Nuñez - The first Cuban-American Lt. Governor and the highest ranking Hispanic public servant in Florida history
Janice McGeachin - The first female Lt. Governor of Idaho
Marsha Blackburn - The first woman elected to the U.S. Senate from Tennessee
Cindy Hyde-Smith - After the run-off election, will be the first woman elected to the U.S. Senate from Mississippi
Young Kim - From California’s 39th district, she's the first Korean-American woman ever elected to the U.S. Congress

Do you think it might have anything to do with the fact that all these women are Republicans and highlighting their victories might contradict the narrative they love to push that Republicans are all misogynists that oppress women?

Last edited:
After Tuesday's mid-term elections, I heard almost nothing from the mainstream news media about the historical victories scored by these 8 women... I wonder why?

View attachment 67244060

Jeanette Nuñez - The first Cuban-American Lt. Governor and the highest ranking Hispanic public servant in Florida history
Cindy Hyde-Smith - After the run-off election, will be the first woman elected to the U.S. Senate from Mississippi
Young Kim - From California’s 39th district, she's the first Korean-American woman ever elected to the U.S. Congress

Do you think it might have anything to do with the fact that all these women are Republicans and highlighting their victories might contradict the narrative they love to push that Republicans are all misogynists that oppress women?

CA-39 has more ballots to count, most of which will lean Democrat, so Young Kim has not won yet by a longshot. Wasserman and Cohn believe she'll ultimately lose.

View attachment 67244060

MSNBC and CNN have covered this quite extensively since last Tuesday, for both the Dems and GOP. You may want to turn the channel, check out other news agencies besides Faux News.

This one-sided OP doesn't recognize all of the democratic women, only the republicans. It's like you hate women!

Sound like a stupid argument? Yeah, I thought so too when I saw your OP.

Oh boy, now both sides have gender tokens to show off in "debates!" I was convinced that the Democrats would finally catch back up to the Republicans in this game now that everyone has forgotten about Devoss and Conway, but things are getting really tense now!

Last edited:
...something to do with the fact that all these women are Republicans and highlighting their victories might contradict the narrative they love to push that Republicans are all misogynists that oppress women?

I honestly believe significant numbers of MSM covered and reported the election results of each and every one of the women referenced by the OP. Most of the coverage included some measure of backstories.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/07/politics/women-house-senate/index.html

Our personal preferences and bias affect our perception. IMO, most of us rely on information primarily obtained within our personal Filter Bubble. I admit to seldom tuning into Fox News.

Definition - What does Filter Bubble mean?
A filter bubble is the intellectual isolation that can occur when websites make use of algorithms to selectively assume the information a user would want to see, and then give information to the user according to this assumption. Websites make these assumptions based on the information related to the user, such as former click behavior, browsing history, search history and location. For that reason, the websites are more likely to present only information that will abide by the user's past activity. A filter bubble, therefore, can cause users to get significantly less contact with contradicting viewpoints, causing the user to become intellectually isolated.

https://www.techopedia.com/definition/28556/filter-bubble

Back
Top Bottom