• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"His message is being a loudmouthed dick!"[W:61]

Re: "His message is being a loudmouthed dick!"

Yes, we're aware of how bad a candidate Clinton is. However, she is not the topic of this thread - Trump is. If you would like to talk about the article from the OP, that's great. If you want to discuss Hillary Clinton, there are a great many threads already discussing her for you to participate in, and room enough for you to make your own.
Wait...I thought the thread was about Liz Mair, not Donald trump. Why wouldnt it be appropriate to discuss her opinions of the 'other' person?

Trump brings out the worst in people.
No...people bring out the worst in themselves. The worst you can say about Trump is he is a bit like alcohol...have a little and your true you starts to shine through.

Ok, now that we have established what we all knew before, that some unknown thinks Trump is rude by being rude herself, where to go from there, eh?

Go for it, give me some substance.

First off, Liz Mair is not some unknown. She is a communications adviser who has worked with several Republican primary candidates and senators, including McCain, Fiorina, Perry, and most recently, Walker. The main point of the soundbyte from the OP was that she disagrees with party leaders on whether or not Trump is a candidate that can be reigned in to try and get over his recent drop in polls, and one of her main arguments was that Trump gets into a ludicrous number of petty arguments.

I agree with her about Trump - he has proved several times that he won't let any perceived insult go, and must respond to anything that upsets him. He has also made a few mistakes that have cost him supporters, the most recent of which was the debacle over the Khan family. According to polls, about 70 percent of Americans think that Trump needs to apologize for his comments towards the family, but his ego won't let him drop this argument or admit that he made a mistake. And you can't deny that it was a mistake, for two reasons - first, the Khan family has gotten about fifty times more news coverage than the mother from the GOP convention speaking out against Hillary Clinton, solely due to the fact that Donald Trump started a fight with a Gold Star family, and second, he is ten points behind Clinton since this situation flared up, when he had been neck and neck with Hillary before the DNC convention.

Given that Trump has gone through a similar situation when he got into a beef with John McCain after calling POWs losers, we can draw the conclusion that Donald Trump does not learn from his mistakes, at least not when it comes to picking fights. This supports Liz Mair's argument, because it showcases just how erratic and unrestrained Donald's behavior is when it comes to small slights against his character.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Wait...I thought the thread was about Liz Mair, not Donald trump. Why wouldnt it be appropriate to discuss her opinions of the 'other' person?

For the same reason I don't randomly bring up Stalin in discussions about Hitler. They might be related topics, but they are not connected at the hip.

That might be your poor judgement, not mine. Body-shaming's not my style.

Total hypocrisy on your part. You started this Thread to gloat over Trump getting called a "Loudmouth Dick" and now you are offended over Hillary being called "Queen Cankles"

Of course this is a typical Progressive Liberal tacit, when they cant win the debate they fraudulently play the "PC, I'm offended card".

For the same reason I don't randomly bring up Stalin in discussions about Hitler. They might be related topics, but they are not connected at the hip.
Is not the discussion about Liz Mair? Why do you insist on making it about Donald trump?

Is not the discussion about Liz Mair? Why do you insist on making it about Donald trump?

Because it was about Liz Mair talking about Donald Trump. If someone started a thread about something Donald Trump said about Hillary Clinton, or vise-versa, they would both be relevant to the topic.

Since when does the Gulf of California make it all the way up to Washington?

I doubt the artist was worried about map scale.

The whole point of the cartoon. Mexico thinks they own all the South West US. If they had their way that is where the US/Mex border would be. With people like Incompetent Obama and Crooked Hillary in power it might happen.

That's the whole point of the cartoon. Mexico thinks they own all the South West US. If they had their way that is where the US/Mex border would be. With people like Incompetent Obama and Crooked Hillary in power it might happen.

No, I understood the point. It's just so stupid as to be laughable. Not only does Mexico NOT think it own's all the southwest US up through Oregon, but they DON'T and WON'T.

Idiotic fear mongering and nothing more. But the propaganda will be thick this election cycle.

Moderator's Warning:
This is the topic.

...Is how a CNN guest from the Libertarian end of the GOP described their presidential challenger. Liz Mair is almost as outspoken as her target.

CNN guest says “Trump’s messaging is being a loudmouthed dick.�

Please return to discussing it and stop the derailing. Also, if you suspect a violation, please report it, don't discuss it or play mod.

Gaugingcatenate is no longer in the thread, so please do not quote and respond to him. Thank you.

There may be posts still subject to moderation before this warning.

"His message is being a loudmouthed dick!"[W:61]

Edit : oops.

No, I understood the point. It's just so stupid as to be laughable. Not only does Mexico NOT think it own's all the southwest US up through Oregon, but they DON'T and WON'T.

Idiotic fear mongering and nothing more. But the propaganda will be thick this election cycle.

Yes, they do think they own it or should own it. They literately teach that in Mexican public schools. Part of the Mexican Govt and Laraza encouraging illegal immigration is to over populate the SW with Mexicans for a slow take over. The say it them selves.

Yes, they do think they own it or should own it. They literately teach that in Mexican public schools. Part of the Mexican Govt and Laraza encouraging illegal immigration is to over populate the SW with Mexicans for a slow take over. The say it them selves.

Proof?

The Reconquista Movement: Mexico's Plan for the American . U.S. "Theft" of Mexican Territory - University of Dayton https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...ie1AftIPE43TkrMYSKBwNg&bvm=bv.128617741,d.eWE Mexican aliens seek to retake 'stolen' land - Washington Times

Checkmate

it doesn't say that this is being taught in their public schools, that the Mexican government is encouraging illegal immigration for this, or that's its aggregated to any level where this is an actual possibility/threat.

I'm not sure you know how chess works.

And she'd be right about that, too.

By the way, for the clueless among us who don't know who she is, Liz Mair is the person who released those semi-nude photos of Melania Trump during the Utah primaries. Liz Mair, who was a staffer on Scott Walker's Presidential campaign staff. You know...the person you Trumpettes accused of being Ted Cruz.
Oh, I didn't know Scott Walker was running in the Utah primary. Scott Walker dropped out of GOP contention for president September 21, 2015. The Utah primary was held June 28, 2016. That's over 8 months AFTER Scott Walker dropped out of the race yet you claim Scott Walker leaked semi-nude photos of Melania? For what purpose? His own filthy gratification? I think he was working for someone else. That someone, who benefited the most from Melania's pictures, was Ted Cruz.

Because it was about Liz Mair talking about Donald Trump. If someone started a thread about something Donald Trump said about Hillary Clinton, or vise-versa, they would both be relevant to the topic.
It was about Liz Mair...not Donald Trump...right?

It was about Liz Mair...not Donald Trump...right?

No, it was about Liz Mair - talking about Donald Trump. It was about someone's opinion about Donald Trump. If you have an argument about her opinion about Trump that somehow doesn't include Trump, you are free to share it.

No, it was about Liz Mair - talking about Donald Trump. It was about someone's opinion about Donald Trump. If you have an argument about her opinion about Trump that somehow doesn't include Trump, you are free to share it.
Liz Mair...and her expressing her opinions. It was NOT about Donald Trump. Your comments were "However, she is not the topic of this thread - Trump is."

Trump is not. Liz Mair is. You just really really want him to be.

Liz Mair...and her expressing her opinions. It was NOT about Donald Trump. Your comments were "However, she is not the topic of this thread - Trump is."

Trump is not. Liz Mair is. You just really really want him to be.

When I said she, I was referring to Hillary Clinton. My mistake, I should have been more clear at the time.

When I said she, I was referring to Hillary Clinton. My mistake, I should have been more clear at the time.
No worries. I get ya. the topic IS about Liz Mair. She is pretty much a loose cannon. She describes the choice between Trump and Hillary as a choice of being shot or being shot. She had some unflattering words for her.
Liz Mair on Joe Biden vs. Hillary Clinton | MSNBC

At the end of the day, Liz Mair just speaks her mind.

No worries. I get ya. the topic IS about Liz Mair. She is pretty much a loose cannon. She describes the choice between Trump and Hillary as a choice of being shot or being shot. She had some unflattering words for her.

I gotta say, I agree with her on the choice between Trump and Clinton. Pretty miserable set of options right there, that's for sure.

I agree with her, there...

My friend said it's like choosing between your left arm or right arm being amputated. Most people will keep the side they can write with, but that's not saying much. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom