• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hip-Hop Singer Akon: “Every African American Need to Move Their Money, Family, Knowle

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
by Jim Hoft
July 16, 2013

Hip-Hop artist Akon posted this message (Photo by akon • Instagram )to the black community:

Read more:
Hip-Hop Singer Akon: “Every African American Need to Move Their Money, Family, Knowledge to Africa” | The Gateway Pundit

Now where would Akon suggest they go?
Colony Founded for African Americans in Africa- Liberia
www.historycentral.com/Ant/Liberia.html
The American Colonization Society was founded in Washington in 1816. The purpose of the society was to encourage the emigration of African Americans back to Africa.

Hip-Hop Singer Akon: “Every African American Need to Move Their Money, Family,

Could you imagine if a white guy said that? Lol.

Re: Hip-Hop Singer Akon: “Every African American Need to Move Their Money, Family, Kn

by Jim Hoft
July 16, 2013

Hip-Hop artist Akon posted this message (Photo by akon • Instagram )to the black community:

Read more:
Hip-Hop Singer Akon: “Every African American Need to Move Their Money, Family, Knowledge to Africa” | The Gateway Pundit

The American Colonization Society was founded in Washington in 1816. The purpose of the society was to encourage the emigration of African Americans back to Africa.

the problem with that is...Africans don't like "african-americans" any better than white folks do.

Re: Hip-Hop Singer Akon: “Every African American Need to Move Their Money, Family, Kn

Hmmm, he wouldn't have said that about South Africa 50 years ago.....

Dumb comment. By the way, although popular in the states, Akon is not an American. He's African. Not sure which country he's from.

Edit: According to Wikipedia, born in St. Louis but grew up in his parent's homeland of Senegal. He talks with a Senegalese accent.

2007_-_Mama_Africa.jpg

Last edited:

Akon and his rapper friends should be the first to go. Lead by example.

I have a few great suggestions: Sudan or South Sudan.
Sierra Leone (or Liberia, they are neighboring countries)
Or the tri-country area of Uganda, Rwanda or Burundi.

Go, all the rappers should go to Africa!

I often talk a lot of **** about rappers, but I take it all back if they go to Africa. I think this is the best idea ever. Akon is genius.

Interesting factoids:

- The Transatlantic Slave trade was outlawed in the mid 1800s and began in the 1500s. Many African Americans have heritage in America that is at least as extensive and in some cases goes further back in history than many white Americans.
- The First martyr of the American Revolution was black.
- Black Americans have fought and died in every American war in history.
- The Founder of the City of Chicago was black.
- Although I'm not sure how extensive it is, there is an anti-Black American sentiment among many black Africans.
- Black Americans serve in prominent roles throughout America from media to athletics to academia to medicine to entertainment to business to government including the White House.

Sorry Akon, we're not going anywhere; this is our country just as much as its anybody's.

Last edited:

Hmmm, he wouldn't have said that about South Africa 50 years ago.....

Is today any different? Violent death and slavery of Africans in Africa is a daily occurrence. Akron has the choice, he is an American. Will he take his own advice?

Videos of African genocide and slavery by Muslims in Africa

bing.com/videos

Would Afro-Americans be comfortable with that?

Muslim Black Slavery - Islam Slave History of Black Africa - Video

www.metacafe.com/watch/1297626
By dangelooo ·

May 06, 2008 · When doing research on African slavery I came across this ... Africa. This explains the current genocide that is ... of Arab-Islam in Africa: ...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Darfur, Burundi, Rwanda - genocidal wars in Africa - Generational ...

generationaldynamics.com/pg/ww2010.i.africa040822.htm

The answer is "none of the above," and that there's nothing exceptional about the amount of genocide going on in Africa. ... The Muslim slave ... African interior ...

by Jim Hoft
July 16, 2013

Read more:

Seriously....do you even have an opinion about this, or do you just puke headlines all day? Good God man, you're not helping.

Some Chick on a Tryvon Martin Twitter rant said the Black people need a place of their own.

The first place I thought of was Iberia.....

The problem is not all Black People are neck deep in the corrupt hip hop culture with I. FfgyGqe3would guess the majority

Some Chick on a Tryvon Martin Twitter rant said the Black people need a place of their own.

The problem is not all Black People are neck deep in the corrupt hip hop culture with I. FfgyGqe3would guess the majority

They already have Detroit, and the "I-95 Corridor of Shame" (Dillon SC, 92% black, also known as having the worst education system in the nation, ironically it's where Ben Bernake grew up).

You know what? Man grew up in Africa. He wants to say that Black Americans should move back to Africa and rebuild it, whether he's right or wrong, he knows what he's talking about better than the vast majority of Americans-- black or white-- who've suggested the same thing.

Is today any different? Violent death and slavery of Africans in Africa is a daily occurrence. Akron has the choice, he is an American. Will he take his own advice?

bing.com/videos

By dangelooo ·

May 06, 2008 · When doing research on African slavery I came across this ... Africa. This explains the current genocide that is ... of Arab-Islam in Africa: ...

The answer is "none of the above," and that there's nothing exceptional about the amount of genocide going on in Africa. ... The Muslim slave ... African interior ...

One of the biggest internal conflicts many black Americans have when imagining some sort of bond with Africa being "the mother land" is reconciling our African acecestry with the historical fact of African participation in the slave trade. I honor my black heritage but for me my black history starts in America. I see my fellow Americans of all races as "my brothers and sisters." I'd like to visit Africa maybe one day but I can think of some other places I'd like to visit more. I truly wish and admit I'm somewhat of an activist for encoraging Americans of all races to join black Americans in being as enthusiastic about celebrating MLK Day and Black History Month as black Americans are about Thanksgiving and St Patricks Day.

One of the biggest internal conflicts many black Americans have when imagining some sort of bond with Africa being "the mother land" is reconciling our African acecestry with the historical fact of African participation in the slave trade. I honor my black heritage but for me my black history starts in America. I see my fellow Americans of all races as "my brothers and sisters." I'd like to visit Africa maybe one day but I can think of some other places I'd like to visit more. I truly wish and admit I'm somewhat of an activist for encoraging Americans of all races to join black Americans in being as enthusiastic about celebrating MLK Day and Black History Month as black Americans are about Thanksgiving and St Patricks Day.

I feel exactly the same way. My ancestors are from Ireland and I would like to visit someday, but it's certainly not at the top of my list. America is my country, it's where I was born, it's what I believe in. I don't consider myself Irish American, just plain ole American. And anyone, regardless of race who considers them selves American are my brothers and sisters. The sooner we all start thinking that way the better this country will be. I don't have all the answers to fix the divide but I can imagine this would go a long way to healing what ails us.

by Jim Hoft
July 16, 2013

Read more:

Nothing unusual about this. Black separatist movements have been around a while. Marcus Garvey advocated "Back to Africa," Elijah Muhammad of the Nation of Islam pushed for a separate Black State, there have been others that pop up from time to time with similar goals. Kind of like a push for voluntary segregation in order for Black citizens to work together and build up their own communities without interference from white culture.

So what?

I'm not any more for black history month than I would be for white history month or native american history month. History is history. But I'm very much for MLK day being given about the same weight as "president's day". MLK was an American son that we should all elevate as a model of intellect, compassion and wisdom. In fact, I think he's more admirable than any American president I can think of to date because he never cowed to politics.

They had Africa all to themselves for a long, LONG time and they still have most of Africa all to themselves. They just haven't done much with it. They've got vast natural resources, lots of land and a large labor pool but the culture (more accurately, cultures "plural") are holding them back. My wife was a missionary in Africa for quite some time and tells me that it's not really possible to understand how they think without living among them, but their culture is a very, very old one. That's to be expected since it's the birthplace of mankind. It is, however, not as flexible as "newer" cultures are. I think maybe the "newer" a nation is, the more flexible it's culture and thinking may be. The USA, Canada and Australia come to mind with South America's rapid development also lending weight to that.

When I consider major social changes, I too look to notable pop singerauto-tuner Akon.

Re: Hip-Hop Singer Akon: “Every African American Need to Move Their Money, Family,

Could you imagine if a white guy said that? Lol.

You mean like tea partiers saying they're going to take back their country from blacks. Yeah, I can imagine that. They say it all the time.

why Spain and Portugal?

Nothing unusual about this. Black separatist movements have been around a while. Marcus Garvey advocated "Back to Africa," Elijah Muhammad of the Nation of Islam pushed for a separate Black State, there have been others that pop up from time to time with similar goals. Kind of like a push for voluntary segregation in order for Black citizens to work together and build up their own communities without interference from white culture.

So what?

Elijah Mohammad's views were shaped by how he viewed other races as inherently corrupt and evil. You really shouldn't try to put a positive spin on that

Elijah Mohammad's views were shaped by how he viewed other races as inherently corrupt and evil. You really shouldn't try to put a positive spin on that

I was merely pointing out that Black Separatism is nothing new. I was not making any value judgements about the reasons.

bing.com/videos

By dangelooo ·

Perhaps African Americans could help expel those Islamic invaders and put a wall around Africa to keep foreigners from coming in to take slaves and exploit their natural resources? Of course that's utterly impossible but it sure would be nice... because really, Africa needs to do what the Russians did when they got tired of being invaded. Minus the Stalin mega-derp, of course.

Interesting factoids:

- The Transatlantic Slave trade was outlawed in the mid 1800s and began in the 1500s. Many African Americans have heritage in America that is at least as extensive and in some cases goes further back in history than many white Americans.
- The First martyr of the American Revolution was black.
- Black Americans have fought and died in every American war in history.
- The Founder of the City of Chicago was black.
- Although I'm not sure how extensive it is, there is an anti-Black American sentiment among many black Africans.
- Black Americans serve in prominent roles throughout America from media to athletics to academia to medicine to entertainment to business to government including the White House.

Sorry Akon, we're not going anywhere; this is our country just as much as its anybody's.
The Jews helped build Germany, too. What do you think they did when they found a new place to plant roots after escaping the concentration camps? Yup, they moved.

Problem with African Americans is their odds of finding a place to plant roots is 10,000 to 1 against. And their chances of defending that place, when not backed by American/Western firepower the way Israel was, are even worse.

Back
Top Bottom