• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hillary's Speech

One of the greatest speeches in American history...legendary...thought provoking...historic...epic...fascinating...magnificent...heart warming.

While I would not go quite as far as you just did with the praise - it was a very good speech which touched all the bases that Clinton needed to touch. In addition it had several very memorable lines that went over well and should serve her well over the next three months.

However, she is not in the same class as Obama in sheer oratorical beauty and is more of a workman like speaker who does the job.

In addition it had several very memorable lines that went over well and should serve her well over the next three months.

Given that most of her speech came right off bumper stickers I'm sure you will.

And fake. I posted my opinion the other day about Obama's speech. He came across as so real, very likeable, and not the least bit narcissistic. No matter how you slice it, Hillary is simply not a likable person. At all.

Oh, you can find something to like about Mrs. Clinton.

She's a bitter pill and it'll be good for us.

So to is Donald Trump a bitter pill, but more so than just in your mind, but his bitter pill might be good for us too.

Bitter, real bitter, look at that running mate, what's this going to do to things?

read post 63 before you post pointless irrelevant foolishness

Don't post stupid lies and then call someone else's post "foolishness". The foolishness was your post. And no, I don't read all of the posts in the thread before responding as I'm reading along. When I join a board that you are in charge of, you can make the rules of reading and responding, and I'll do it.

But I see Turtle caught your ignorant mistake anyway. No wonder your posts are so snivelly. Two smart people showed everyone your foolishness.

Yeah, I saw that interview as well. Congressman Luis Gutiérrez

From my recollection, he's an open border and amnesty supporter, regardless of the negative impact both would have on the country.

To his credit, he stands his ground, and doesn't shy away from tough interviewers, even if in this case he was squidgy on the border security.

"I believe the country will be grid locked between Congress and the President. In fighting will continue and the US will slump."
Yeah, that seems likely.

Some are projecting that the Democrats will win both houses and the WH this time around. I'm not seeing that. So chances are it'll continue to be a divided government of some sort.

I agree with your statements.

imo, it would disastrous if both the House and Senate became Democrat controlled. imo, we will need the check and balance if Hilary wins. Then we can see if she actually can work both sides of the isle.

Not a bad speech , but hot historic.

- I was disappointed in the lack of details for managing illegal immigration. While mentioning the illegal aliens who are hear, not much was said about stopping the flow of new ones.
- In all, there was no surprises in what she said.

Well, you really can't expect any real substance or originality from someone like Hillary Clinton.

Well, you really can't expect any real substance or originality from someone like Hillary Clinton.

Much like any politician. It is such a shame that the American people are left with Hillary, Trump, and not a chance Johnson.

- With what Hillary said in her speech about Wall street, the super rich, etc. if she wins, imo we will see the stock market tank big time.

- Obama was suspose to be for the middle class. After 8 years, I see lower wages and cost for essentials going up (health insurance, utilities (other than gasonline)., etc), imo, Hilary policies would be much like Obama's. Except if she is able to hit companies and investors like she plans, the market is not going to do good.

I hope I am wrong.

I also don't see much from Trump. Either way, we really don't have good choices.

- With what Hillary said in her speech about Wall street, the super rich, etc. if she wins, imo we will see the stock market tank big time.

Wall Street knows it was all lip service.

imo, it would disastrous if both the House and Senate became Democrat controlled. imo, we will need the check and balance if Hilary wins. Then we can see if she actually can work both sides of the isle.

I disagree, I think for the way the Republicans behaved you elect Democrat and they behave.

Hopefully. my prediction is if the higher taxes and other rules actually get passed by Congress.

Good luck with that, Hillary is bought and paid for by Wall Street and her Cabinet (Like Bush and Obama) will all be mostly big bankers and wall street. Not to mention she has multiple millions riding on wall street.

My prediction is if Hillary gets 8 years we will be $30T in debt and most likely be funding another bank bail out.

"it would disastrous if both the House and Senate became Democrat controlled"
I'm thinking not likely, especially if Hillary is leading Trump in the polls just before the election.

"we will need the check and balance if Hilary wins"
This is a certainty.

"Then we can see if she actually can work both sides of the isle"
Reading your first post that actually came to mind, but I didn't include it in my post.

It was a good speech. But she certainly isn't a gifted orator, unlike many in the Democratic elite. Of course the last great orator Republicans had was Reagan.

first major party candidate subject to a massive FBI investigation for criminal wrongdoing.

and cleared......just another Republican witchhunt, but this time.....not even a blowjob uncovered.

Good luck with that, Hillary is bought and paid for by Wall Street and her Cabinet (Like Bush and Obama) will all be mostly big bankers and wall street. Not to mention she has multiple millions riding on wall street.

My prediction is if Hillary gets 8 years we will be $30T in debt and most likely be funding another bank bail out.

Of course it will not get past Congress unless the Dems take both Houses with a major majority.

The day after it really feels like a whiff to me( and I liked it as she was doing it), I dont think she connected with where so many people are right now. IT felt like she was doing a great job of playing the part of a POTUS candidate for TV rather than being a good POTUS candidate.

I will be looking at the polling data next week.

"it would disastrous if both the House and Senate became Democrat controlled"
I'm thinking not likely, especially if Hillary is leading Trump in the polls just before the election.

"we will need the check and balance if Hilary wins"
This is a certainty.

"Then we can see if she actually can work both sides of the isle"
Reading your first post that actually came to mind, but I didn't include it in my post.

She won't work with the Republicans. imo, her statement was a typical politician comment.

Much like we have Ann Kirkpatrick (D) running for a Senate seat. One of her adds states one of her parent was Dem, the other Repub. Both parties has good ideas. :lamo

Yet her voting record in Congress is over 90% Dem party line vote. No way will I vote for her.

and cleared......just another Republican witchhunt, but this time.....not even a blowjob uncovered.

She wasn't cleared and the FBI is not an arm of the republican party. But other than that your post is 100% correct.

Back
Top Bottom