• Please keep all posts on the Rittenhouse verdict here: Rittenhouse Verdict. Note the moderator warnings in the thread. The thread will be heavily moderated with a zero tolerance policy for any baiting, flaming, trolling or other rule breaks. Stick to the topic and not the other posters. Thank you.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hillary's Speech

Awesome!

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
One of the greatest speeches in American history...legendary...thought provoking...historic...epic...fascinating...magnificent...heart warming.

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
One of the greatest speeches in American history...legendary...thought provoking...historic...epic...fascinating...magnificent...heart warming.

is that you Chelsea? :mrgreen:

Mycroft

Genius is where you find it.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Yeah...Bill liked her speech, too.

blaxshep

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
This is what Bill hears....

Nag Nag Nag :lamo

Josie

No Day But Today
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right

It was historic for 2 reasons:

1. First women of a major political party nominated for President
2. "LIAR", "NO TPP", "#WIKILEAKS signs + protesters from her own party chanting against her

blaxshep

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian

2. "LIAR", "NO TPP", "#WIKILEAKS signs + protesters from her own party chanting against her

Outside it was much worse.

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right

first major party candidate subject to a massive FBI investigation for criminal wrongdoing.

Mathematician

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
It was hilarious seeing the excitement over a statement as simple as "I believe in science." I'm curious what those on the left who were cheering interpreted that to mean. There are plenty of mathematical and scientific facts which she won't support, especially in the interest of pandering to particular interest groups.

iguanaman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
It was hilarious seeing the excitement over a statement as simple as "I believe in science." I'm curious what those on the left who were cheering interpreted that to mean. There are plenty of mathematical and scientific facts which she won't support, especially in the interest of pandering to particular interest groups.

She explained what it meant. That Global Warming is real and those that deny it don't believe science. Did that hurt your feelings?

AGENT J

"If you ain't first, you're last"
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Wow?!?!?! over the top much?? easy killer i cant even take that seriously.

it was a "good" speech IMO, it will be historic after she wins because she will be the first woman president but on its own, it wasnt anything spectacular. It was GREAT . . for "HER" but I think Michelle's, Bookers and Obamas were all better "speeches" but they aren't running for president so thier historic impact is of course different.

blaxshep

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian

it was a "good" speech IMO, it will be historic after she wins because she will be the first woman president but on its own, it wasnt anything spectacular. It was GREAT . . for "HER" but I think Michelle's, Bookers and Obamas were all better "speeches" but they aren't running for president so thier historic impact is of course different.

It would have been a lot better if she had any credibility.

Exquisitor

Educator
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
She explained what it meant. That Global Warming is real and those that deny it don't believe science. Did that hurt your feelings?

But why deny it?

There is plenty of reason to not act.

1) You prefer disaster scenario.
2) You believe science or sorcery will change these trends some how and all the fossil fuel we can burn and animal agriculture to boot will only matter a little bit.

Exquisitor

Educator
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Didn't you hear any of the other speeches?

Credible? You can count on her to lie. Didn't you hear her say that they had families of slain officers when they hadn't. It's just something you can learn about politicians, they like to speak in the negative.

Exquisitor

Educator
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Credible? You can count on her to lie. Didn't you hear her say that they had families of slain officers when they hadn't. It's just something you can learn about politicians, they like to speak in the negative.

Her whole speech was splendid, she finally told the Truth but she didn't address what happened at Benghazi.

Here's one for her. Donald Trump has got a roulette wheel in his head and some time after the election it stops on a personality, that we get.

Chomsky

Social Democrat
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
You're too easily impressed ...

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

Beat Hillary!

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

Yep...

But why deny it?

There is plenty of reason to not act.

1) You prefer disaster scenario.
2) You believe science or sorcery will change these trends some how and all the fossil fuel we can burn and animal agriculture to boot will only matter a little bit.

GW is hogwash and it's all about Power..........and Control!

Who in their right mind would want to hear anything she says?

You're too easily impressed ...

No kidding. Young whipper snappers are alike that ...Utopians all. :lamo

Aunt Spiker

Cheese
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
After listening to Hillary's speech I'm tempted to line up all the recent speeches given at the R and D conventions in recent decades and contrast and compare - see just how many times the same exact **** is said by all the candidates across the board.

As always: unoriginal, dull, and full of the usual hoopla you expect to find in any presidential-candidate speech.

You have to have more than a vagina and a set of tits to sway me, I guess.

tres borrachos

HoHoHo
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate

Sounds like you were watching an episode of The Waltons.

tres borrachos

HoHoHo
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate

Absolutely agree. It was a "good" speech, but nowhere close to great, especially when you compare it to either of the Obama speeches.

Mathematician

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right

Don't you think "I believe in science." is a pretty big blanket statement when all you're referring to is global warming? :roll:

Top Bottom