• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hillary's Resume

Can anyone list the positive significant accomplishments made by Hillary Clinton during her stint as U.S. Secretary of State?

Well, serving as an excellent Secretary of State and improved the relations/restored relations that had gotten worse through the 8 years before here. Some of that was down to the Bush stance on issues but most of all because of the War on Terror and the issues that this caused even among US allies.

But now for actual achievements

1. the Turkish Armenian accord, that established diplomatic relations between the 2 and opened the border between the 2 countries

2. she played a major role in getting UN security council resolution 1973 approved by the security council which lead the way to helping the Libyan insurgents and protect them from Ghadaffi's planes.

3. there were floods, tsunami's, earthquakes to deal with

4. there were loads of conferences and successful visits to a huge number of countries

5. smoothing over the Bin Laden capture/kill with Pakistan

etc. etc. etc.

She has been named by Americans as the most admired woman in the world 11 times in a row and has a approval rating that most politicians would be jealous of.

Even in the latest Foxnews poll in which the question was:

"Do you approve or disapprove of the job Hillary Clinton did as secretary of state?"

64% said they approved and 29% disapproved, the rest were unsure.

Hillary's favorable numbers are about 60%
Chris Christy about 51%
Paul Ryan about 43%
Rand Paul about 31%
Marco Rubio about 30% or around that
Jeb Bush about 29%

Like it or not, she is not unpopular and the people respected her tenure as Secretary of State very much.

If I'm not mistaken, Barbara Bush considers her husband and her son to be two of the finest Presidents your country has ever had. She also believes that liberal snipes savaged both of them unfairly, personally, and unreasonably throughout their time in office and after.

So I assume you will denigrate and belittle her for being clueless, right?

Point being, First Ladys' opinions and presumed accomplishments are irrelevant and a function of their husband's successful political career. Would you want the spouse of any other leader of a company, institution, government, etc. to take over leadership of that enterprise because of proximity to their spouse?

In Canada, spouses of leaders, both men and women, do great things both for their country and to assist/promote their spouse in office. Difference is, they do so in the background and our media doesn't try to make celebrities out of them as if they were especially blessed by closeness to the great one. Works great here - you should try it.

Good morning to you, CJ. :2wave:

Excellent post! :agree: Barbara Bush was always a lady with class, and so was Laura Bush. No one can take that away from them. Would they have made a good President? No one will ever know, because they were never interested. Would Hillary make a good President? She has repeatedly said she is not interested, so we shall see if her statements are true, or if it is just trial balloon politics as usual. In any event, we have the midterms in 2014 coming up, so I am not going to waste my time wondering what someone will do three years from now! :mrgreen:

If I'm not mistaken, Barbara Bush considers her husband and her son to be two of the finest Presidents your country has ever had. She also believes that liberal snipes savaged both of them unfairly, personally, and unreasonably throughout their time in office and after.

So I assume you will denigrate and belittle her for being clueless, right?

Point being, First Ladys' opinions and presumed accomplishments are irrelevant and a function of their husband's successful political career. Would you want the spouse of any other leader of a company, institution, government, etc. to take over leadership of that enterprise because of proximity to their spouse?

In Canada, spouses of leaders, both men and women, do great things both for their country and to assist/promote their spouse in office. Difference is, they do so in the background and our media doesn't try to make celebrities out of them as if they were especially blessed by closeness to the great one. Works great here - you should try it.

clueless is too harsh, Barbara Bush is a loving mother and wife so it is logical that she says her husband and son are two of the finest presidents the US has ever had. But that does not mean she is right, her husband was a 1 term president who lost to democrat who had already cheated on his wife once before even becoming president.

Her son was a president that was both loved and hated at the same time. After 9/11 he had the highest approval ratings in history but he did not go out like that. He went out with a rating of about 30% but it has gone up a bit now to about 45%. Compare this for example to president Clinton, his latest approval rating is around 68%.

A 2007 Rasmussen poll saw Lincoln, Washington, Jefferson, Roosevelt (both of them), John F. Kennedy, John Adams, James Madison, Ronald Reagan and Eisenhower as the top 10 presidents in the view of the public.

Both Bushes came nowhere near the figures of the best presidents.

A vision critical/angus reid poll asked people how the last 12 (including the current president) stack up.

1. JF Kennedy
2. Reagan
3. Clinton
4. Eisenhower
5. Truman
6. Carter
7. H.W. Bush
8. Obama
9. Ford
10. Lyndon B. Johnson
11. George W. Bush
12. Nixon

So let's just say it is a mother's love for her son and husband that colors her views slightly because most polls/objective sources do not agree with her.

Well, serving as an excellent Secretary of State and improved the relations/restored relations that had gotten worse through the 8 years before here. Some of that was down to the Bush stance on issues but most of all because of the War on Terror and the issues that this caused even among US allies.

But now for actual achievements

1. the Turkish Armenian accord, that established diplomatic relations between the 2 and opened the border between the 2 countries

2. she played a major role in getting UN security council resolution 1973 approved by the security council which lead the way to helping the Libyan insurgents and protect them from Ghadaffi's planes.

3. there were floods, tsunami's, earthquakes to deal with

4. there were loads of conferences and successful visits to a huge number of countries

5. smoothing over the Bin Laden capture/kill with Pakistan

etc. etc. etc.

She has been named by Americans as the most admired woman in the world 11 times in a row and has a approval rating that most politicians would be jealous of.

Even in the latest Foxnews poll in which the question was:

"Do you approve or disapprove of the job Hillary Clinton did as secretary of state?"

64% said they approved and 29% disapproved, the rest were unsure.

Hillary's favorable numbers are about 60%
Chris Christy about 51%
Paul Ryan about 43%
Rand Paul about 31%
Marco Rubio about 30% or around that
Jeb Bush about 29%

Like it or not, she is not unpopular and the people respected her tenure as Secretary of State very much.

Well, Finally!!! something (one thing really) of substance. The Turkish Armenia Accord. I concede that she did appear to contribute significantly to that resolution.

As for UN Res 1973, the facts are disturbing. She commented on how effective it was to implement a "no-fly zone" over ... wait for it..... Bengazi!! Whatever positive accomplishment she may have incurred was washed away when four of our own were murdered but all she could muster was to blame a video and make sure her boss didn't log a real terrorist attack on his watch so close to his re-election. UN Res 1971/1973 may have helped a few Libyans, but was fatal for our own Ambassador and three aids who tried to save him.

However the rest of your comment is mere fluff. "...floods, tsunami's, earthquakes.."" really??? c'mon. For the life of me I fail to see where good polling is a significant contribution to anything concrete. Polls are traditionally completed by people who cannot not tell you who the vice president is. So score one for yourself. Good effort, keep trying.

Excellent post! :agree: Barbara Bush was always a lady with class, and so was Laura Bush. No one can take that away from them. Would they have made a good President? No one will ever know, because they were never interested. Would Hillary make a good President? She has repeatedly said she is not interested, so we shall see if her statements are true, or if it is just trial balloon politics as usual. In any event, we have the midterms in 2014 coming up, so I am not going to waste my time wondering what someone will do three years from now! :mrgreen:

Good evening Lady P.

You're absolutely right - the American media's fixation with the Presidential race three and four years out is ridiculous - pretty soon, while an election is in process, they'll be picking the candidates for the next race. It's no wonder that second term Presidents are now about as important as tickets to a Broadway show that's already closed down.

You are a wise woman. Good evening, Polgara.:2wave:

clueless is too harsh, Barbara Bush is a loving mother and wife so it is logical that she says her husband and son are two of the finest presidents the US has ever had. But that does not mean she is right, her husband was a 1 term president who lost to democrat who had already cheated on his wife once before even becoming president.

Her son was a president that was both loved and hated at the same time. After 9/11 he had the highest approval ratings in history but he did not go out like that. He went out with a rating of about 30% but it has gone up a bit now to about 45%. Compare this for example to president Clinton, his latest approval rating is around 68%.

A 2007 Rasmussen poll saw Lincoln, Washington, Jefferson, Roosevelt (both of them), John F. Kennedy, John Adams, James Madison, Ronald Reagan and Eisenhower as the top 10 presidents in the view of the public.

Both Bushes came nowhere near the figures of the best presidents.

A vision critical/angus reid poll asked people how the last 12 (including the current president) stack up.

1. JF Kennedy
2. Reagan
3. Clinton
4. Eisenhower
5. Truman
6. Carter
7. H.W. Bush
8. Obama
9. Ford
10. Lyndon B. Johnson
11. George W. Bush
12. Nixon

So let's just say it is a mother's love for her son and husband that colors her views slightly because most polls/objective sources do not agree with her.

Which is a round about way of saying her opinion with respect to Hillary Clinton's ability to serve as President is pretty much irrelevant, which is the point I was trying to make.

As an aside, I'd rate Nixon far higher and Carter's ranking is an insult to the intelligence of those who took the poll.

Which is a round about way of saying her opinion with respect to Hillary Clinton's ability to serve as President is pretty much irrelevant, which is the point I was trying to make.

As an aside, I'd rate Nixon far higher and Carter's ranking is an insult to the intelligence of those who took the poll.

I am sorry, but Carter is a much more respectable man and president than Nixon is. Carter did not betray his nation as Nixon has done with the Watergate Scandal.

I am sorry, but Carter is a much more respectable man and president than Nixon is. Carter did not betray his nation as Nixon has done with the Watergate Scandal.

Nixon, foolishly, let a third rate burglary ruin his influential Presidency. Carter was simply an incompetent fool who makes the current incompetent fool look marginally acceptible by comparison.

Nixon, foolishly, let a third rate burglary ruin his influential Presidency. Carter was simply an incompetent fool who makes the current incompetent fool look marginally acceptible by comparison.

Well said. Good evening, CJ.:2wave:

Hillary will win because:
The country want to see it's first female leader .... and she's been around for decades
She' well known globally
But the biggest reason is ...we can count on the right to put forward another ... old-stale- white male ...puffed up by the chronic rage, racism and hatred in that party.

After Ed Snow, After Travon Martin, after the intractable abortion stance, after monthly put downs of women, .....forget Hillary's resume ....there will be more to keep anybody the right away than there will be to get Hillary in.

Just look at the topics on this board bud ....and it will have all the reasons why Hillary will win.

You don't seem to understand the Watergate scandal nor do you seem to understand the damage that was done in the 4 years that Carter was President.

Are all Europeans this susceptible to our Democrat party's false narratives and blatant lies ?

I mean you seem to support a woman who lied to the faces of the parents who lost their sons in Benghazi and at the same time repeat the generic talking points about Nixon's departure.

Hillary will win because:
The country want to see it's first female leader .... and she's been around for decades
She' well known globally
But the biggest reason is ...we can count on the right to put forward another ... old-stale- white male ...puffed up by the chronic rage, racism and hatred in that party.

After Ed Snow, After Travon Martin, after the intractable abortion stance, after monthly put downs of women, .....forget Hillary's resume ....there will be more to keep anybody the right away than there will be to get Hillary in.

Just look at the topics on this board bud ....and it will have all the reasons why Hillary will win.

LOL.....How pathetic.

It's ignorant partisan rhetoric like yours that's got us in the mess w're currently in. Well, that and the Democrats appealing to the lowest common denominator of our society so they can retain power.

I, RICHARD NIXON, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, so help me God.

We have the chance today to do more than ever before in our history to make life better in America--to ensure better education, better health, better housing, better transportation, a cleaner environment-to restore respect for law, to make our communities more livable--and to ensure the God-given right of every American to full and equal opportunity.

From this day forward, let each of us make a solemn commitment in his own heart: to bear his responsibility, to do his part, to live his ideals--so that together we can see the dawn of a new age of progress for America, and together, as we celebrate our 200th anniversary as a nation, we can do so proud in the fulfillment of our promise to ourselves and to the world.

As America's longest and most difficult war comes to an end, let us again learn to debate our differences with civility and decency. And let each of us reach out for that one precious quality government cannot provide--a new level of respect for the rights and feelings of one another, a new level of respect for the individual human dignity which is the cherished birthright of every American.

Above all else, the time has come for us to renew our faith in ourselves and in America.

We shall answer to God, to history, and to our conscience for the way in which we use these years.

As I stand in this place, so hallowed by history, I think of others who have stood here before me. I think of the dreams they had for America and I think of how each recognized that he needed help far beyond himself in order to make those dreams come true.

Today I ask your prayers that in the years ahead I may have God's help in making decisions that are right for America, and I pray for your help so that together we may be worthy of our challenge.

Let us pledge together to make these next 4 years the best 4 years in America's history, so that on its 200th birthday America will be as young and as vital as when it began, and as bright a beacon of hope for all the world.

Let us go forward from here confident in hope, strong in our faith in one another, sustained by our faith in God who created us, and striving always to serve His purpose.

Nobel words from Nixon on his second inauguration but how did he live up to these words?

With betrayal to his oath of office, with betrayal of the voters, he lied, the cheated, he covered up and did all kinds of reprehensible things. He went against the separation of powers to thwart the investigation into his crimes.

Fact is Nixon betrayed his country, his god, his voters and the values he speaks of in his inauguration. The criminal Nixon even said in that speech for the entire nation:

restore respect for law

And he did everything to break the law, not restore respect for it. Clinton was impeached for lying about his sex life, Nixon did a whole host of crimes and was not impeached. He was even pardoned by his successor and did not pay for the crimes he committed.

Carter might not have been the greatest president in the world, but compared to a president who went against what was legal and decent, Carter has to be respected a whole lot more than Nixon.

LOL.....How pathetic.

It's ignorant partisan rhetoric like yours that's got us in the mess w're currently in. Well, that and the Democrats appealing to the lowest common denominator of our society so they can retain power.

I see you've slipped back in the fox bubble.

Remember how ssssuuurre you people were in thinking Obama ...after4 years ...with a 10% unemployment economy .... would lose.
Remember that?
Remember Carl Rove on Fox .....remember his meltdown.

Like I said ...just look at the title of threads on this board ...and it tell the story.
The people on the right are losers and they are angry bitter people ...... that's not very attractive to most voters.

Nobel words from Nixon on his second inauguration but how did he live up to these words?

With betrayal to his oath of office, with betrayal of the voters, he lied, the cheated, he covered up and did all kinds of reprehensible things. He went against the separation of powers to thwart the investigation into his crimes.

Fact is Nixon betrayed his country, his god, his voters and the values he speaks of in his inauguration. The criminal Nixon even said in that speech for the entire nation:

And he did everything to break the law, not restore respect for it. Clinton was impeached for lying about his sex life, Nixon did a whole host of crimes and was not impeached. He was even pardoned by his successor and did not pay for the crimes he committed.

Carter might not have been the greatest president in the world, but compared to a president who went against what was legal and decent, Carter has to be respected a whole lot more than Nixon.

He didn't do everything to break the law - remember, without his tapes there would be no resignation and Nixon would have served out his term - it would have been controversial, but he never would have been impeached without the "smoking gun" tapes. Another President would likely have destroyed those tapes and thought nothing of it.

You don't seem to understand the Watergate scandal nor do you seem to understand the damage that was done in the 4 years that Carter was President.

Are all Europeans this susceptible to our Democrat party's false narratives and blatant lies ?

I mean you seem to support a woman who lied to the faces of the parents who lost their sons in Benghazi and at the same time repeat the generic talking points about Nixon's departure.

Yes, the Watergate investigation into the crimes of Nixon and his cohorts is the democratic party's false narrative and blatant lies. I understand perfectly that the leader of the most important country of the world and his election committee had broken the law and that Nixon had violated his oath of office/the law.

I remember the Camp David accords and the Salt 2 agreement which were huge achievements by president Carter who has been a beacon of decency ever since, winning the Nobel Peace Price for his work.

He didn't do everything to break the law - remember, without his tapes there would be no resignation and Nixon would have served out his term - it would have been controversial, but he never would have been impeached without the "smoking gun" tapes. Another President would likely have destroyed those tapes and thought nothing of it.

After having been ordered by the supreme court to hand over the tapes, all he had to do was destroy the smoking gun tapes? Is that your defense of his illegal actions? If he had not done what he had been ordered to do he could have escaped resignation?

After having been ordered by the supreme court to hand over the tapes, all he had to do was destroy the smoking gun tapes? Is that your defense of his illegal actions? If he had not done what he had been ordered to do he could have escaped resignation?

No, the tapes could have been destroyed long before such time as the issue ever got to a court. There was no legal mandate to record conversations in the Oval Office or between the President and any of his officials. Nixon was the one who started that process.

I'm not excusing the man for the way his presidency ended - I'm just saying that had it been Clinton, as an example, those tapes would have been burned long before knowledge of them ever became public. Nixon wasn't nearly as dishonest as some of the Presidents who preceded him or that followed. It's one of the primary reasons he got caught.

No, the tapes could have been destroyed long before such time as the issue ever got to a court. There was no legal mandate to record conversations in the Oval Office or between the President and any of his officials. Nixon was the one who started that process.

I'm not excusing the man for the way his presidency ended - I'm just saying that had it been Clinton, as an example, those tapes would have been burned long before knowledge of them ever became public. Nixon wasn't nearly as dishonest as some of the Presidents who preceded him or that followed. It's one of the primary reasons he got caught.

No, the primary reason he got caught is because of the Watergate Scandal. He and his re-election campaign were at the heart of that.

Yes, the Watergate investigation into the crimes of Nixon and his cohorts is the democratic party's false narrative and blatant lies. I understand perfectly that the leader of the most important country of the world and his election committee had broken the law and that Nixon had violated his oath of office/the law.

I remember the Camp David accords and the Salt 2 agreement which were huge achievements by president Carter who has been a beacon of decency ever since, winning the Nobel Peace Price for his work.

LOL !!!! The Nobel Peace Prize Huh ?? Sorry, but the arbitrary mention of a "prize" that was given to Obama for....well nothing, isn't enough to convince any rational person that Carter was a decent President. In fact he was terrible.

First off here's some economic data from 1980, when we finally got rid of a incompetent Liberal President. Interest rate, 21%. Inflation, 13.5%. Unemployment, 7%. The so-called "Misery Index," which Carter used to great effect in his 1976 campaign to win election, 20.5%.

Carter bought into some of the same economic theories are are currently destroying the American economy and when he tried to spend his way out of the economic funk he was responsible for, well it just made things worse. He increased Nixons Budget deficit by 12 times and sat around giving speeches in sweaters telling Americans to turn their Thermostats down.

Carter's response to the worsening economic conditions ? To blame the American people. "I think it's inevitable that there will be a lower standard of living than what everybody had always anticipated," "The only trend is downward. But it's impossible to get people to face up to this."

On top of that his Foreign Policy decisions made the United States weaker as he made one concession after another to the Soviets while they simply chose not to fulfill their side of the bargain. Iran and not supporting the Shaw ? Wow, it's deja vu isn't it with Obama's horrible Foreign Policy decisions that have now led to the blood bath in Egypt. Arab Spring....Ha !!

Can you believe Obama tried to take credit for that ? I remember the American sycophant reporters in Tahrir Square fishing for "we love Obama " sound bites only to be told to "Eff-Off" by Egyptian protesters. Hilarious.

Nixon ? A hundred times the President that Obama and Carter were with actual accomplishments to speak of. Foreign policy that in 1972 opened the door for diplomatic relations with China not to mention he withdrew American forces from Vietnam after his Democrat Congress cut off all aide to South Vietnam.

Nixon ended school segregation, put a stop to busing and conscription and started a new Middle East Peace initiative.

To this day there is no direct evidence that Nixon knew of the break in but regardless, when he realized he had lost the trust of the American people, he had the character and integrity to step down. You know, so ignorant Democrats could malign him for decades to come as they continued to spread their Liberal Cancer and elect Presidents who were exponentially more corrupt and incompetent.

That's ALLOT more than I can say for our current disaster in chief, who simply ignores one massive sandal after another, who coddles and protects his Attorney General who has lied in front of Congressional Committee's more than once.

Yep, the law, the power of the Congressional oversight committee only applies to Republicans.

Democrats CAN, PERJURE themselves in front of Congress.

Democrats can let thousands of powerful Assault rifles walk across our Southern Border into the waiting hands of the Drug Cartels for the sole purpose of building a case for an assault rifles ban.

They can ignore the pleas from Embassy personnel for more security from a new Embassy that for some reason was allowed to remain after previous assaults in a hot bed of terror called " Benghazi"

When our First Ambassador in decades was murdered along with three other Americans during a 9 hour attack they can get away with holding back military support and lying about the motive of the attack because it was right before a Presidential election.

They can get away with using our Federal Tax Collection agency to target groups who politically oppose them and then lie AGAIN in front of Congress, stonewalling investigators by withholding documents and having IRS officials take the Fifth.

Democrats can claim " job growth " when in reality job participation has fallen to near record lows and the only way they can lower the unemployment numbers is to shrink the pie so to speak.

They can get away with claiming "economic recovery " when they've added 7 TRILLION in new Structural debt, when poverty rates for American adults have risen to 1 in 6 and for American Children have risen to 1 in 5 and our GDP isn't even outrunning population. It's not a "recovery " when the middle class is slowly disappearing right before our eyes.

They can claim low interest rates when their FED appointee is pumping TRILLIONS into the markets, buying up the majority of our short term Treasuries and loading up the Central Banks books with Toxic Mortgage Backed Securities left over form Clinton's mandated sub-prime housing disaster. They can claim we have a low inflation rate when our banks are loaded with massive amounts of static liquidity and then getting paid interest on their reserves.

They can get away with bragging about the Stock Market new heights when it's the Feds perpetual pumping that's propping it up.

And YOU think Nixon was a bad President ? Your'e either a low information individual who believes everything that's coming out of the Democrats mouths at face value or you're a life long Liberal ideologue who refuses to do any objective research into the damage the Democrats have done over the decades.

Back
Top Bottom