• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hillary's Problem with Men

MrT

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
About a week ago, a Quinnipiac poll was released that showed Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are in a tight race in the three most important battleground states: Pennsylvannia, Ohio, and Florida. One of the primary reasons that the race is so tight is because of a gender gap that currently favors Trump.

In Pennsylvania, Clinton's 19-point lead among women matches Trump's 21-point margin among men. In Ohio, she is up 7 points among women but down 15 points with men. In Florida she is up 13 points among women but down 13 points among men.

It should be noted that Clinton's negative performance with men is specifically only with Daily chart: Hillary Clinton and male primary voters | The Economist, or at least that has been the case through the primary. And so I was curious as to why Hillary is doing so poorly amongst men? Are there any quotes from Hillary that are offensive to white males? Are there positions that Hillary has taken that would explain the amount of distaste that most white males feel for Hillary?

The Atlantic wrote an article about this topic near the beginning of the primary season and had this quote as a suggestion:

Did the campaign’s initial plan to play up Clinton’s soft, grandmotherly persona backfire at a time of mounting global turmoil? Is it a consequence of the campaign’s unabashedly liberal turn on social issues, particularly on abortion rights, immigration, and gun control? Or is it simply a product of her overall low approval numbers, dampened by the ongoing developments about her handling of classified email at the State Department?

Actually, as I conduct the research, I did stumble across several quotes that are certainly offensive to me as a male and might explain some of the distaste.

"You wouldn't have that job if you weren't handsome."

"I would never buy Bill any decent cars or clothes. Why give him negotiable assets?"

"You know, it doesn't really matter what [the media] writes as long as you've got a young and handsome piece of ass."

"His ass is too fat."

"You have to treat 'em like ****"

Wow...some amazing stuff there.

Actually, as I conduct the research, I did stumble across several quotes that are certainly offensive to me as a male and might explain some of the distaste.

"You wouldn't have that job if you weren't handsome."

"I would never buy Bill any decent cars or clothes. Why give him negotiable assets?"

"You know, it doesn't really matter what [the media] writes as long as you've got a young and handsome piece of ass."

"His ass is too fat."

"You have to treat 'em like ****"

Wow...some amazing stuff there.

Very clever way of making that point, T.

I loved it.

Ya gotta wonder why she is not up 90 pts. with women in every state.

Very clever way of making that point, T.

I loved it.

Ya gotta wonder why she is not up 90 pts. with women in every state.

Wonder? It is a wonder that you think women are that poor judges of character. Even without Trump to compare her to Clinton is a lying, calculating, phony establishment elite.

Women are just as fed as men up with the same old ****. And that is what Hillary offers.

Wonder? It is a wonder that you think women are that poor judges of character. Even without Trump to compare her to Clinton is a lying, calculating, phony establishment elite.

Women are just as fed as men up with the same old ****. And that is what Hillary offers.

Go easy on her, cj...she's gonna be your president starting next January.

Go easy on her, cj...she's gonna be your president starting next January.

What kind of comment is that? Since when have people went easy on the president?

What kind of comment is that? Since when have people went easy on the president?

Look up the word "sarcasm" in a dictionary...and then find a kid to explain the definition to you.

Hillary's problem is only partly "Hillary". It's the economy, and the fear that we may not come back like we have before. In prior recessions, we'd do some "fango jango" and things would improve.

That is not happening today. We have China dictating the trade terms instead of us, we make a "fair" deal, they gain, we make another "fair" deal, they gain a little more. It's like negotiating with termites.

Men and women instinctively know that profit makes the world go around, and when I buy a battery charger at Walmart for $50 made in China, which Walmart marked up 50%, $25 of my money got on a boat and went to China. If this were 1960, nearly all $50 of that battery charger would have remained in the USA.

It's a simple example, but it goes to the crux of what people sense is wrong and are fearful that we are going to lose so much industrial base, we may never prosper to the degree we have before.

Hillary specifically is preaching the S.O.S. But there is no believable changes we can expect. It's all talk. We as a "third party" of the Sanders and Trump tribes are done with the Hillary's and the Bush's of the world enriching themselves while the nation gets poorer.

The men who have a problem with Hillary Clinton will follow Trump off of the cliff in November.

Sadly for Hillary, there are a few things about her that set her up for male opposition.

Hillary has declared that there is a "war on women". Such implies that men are the invading violators in this "war". Men who aren't involved in such a "war" find her over-generalization offensive and divisive.

The media picks up this "war on women" attitude and spreads it into every home in America. This associates her with such divisiveness, and the association is repeated, so that, like an onslaught, it's ingrained in the minds of the public. This may not be her fault .. maybe .. but, it still happens.

Hillary's website and her speeches single out additional special benefits she would enact specifically for women and at the implied expense of men .. but nothing of the same for men. Sure, she's pandering to her demographic for votes .. but it doesn't play well for a number of men. Hillary over-exaggerates that men have an "advantage" and that the playing field needs to be "leveled". This may be good for getting her likely voters to come out to the polls .. but it may increase the number of men who will come out to simply vote against her. Again, the media runs with this, often making it bigger than it is.

Hillary's website and her speeches also present her attitude that there is a "war on color", meaning that non-White people are being invaded and violated by White people. Again, she's only trying to pander to her demographic, and her managers' logistics might thereby be sound. However, there are consequences in that when you combine her two "war" attitudes, as many of the men who don't like her are White. The media, of course, runs with this too, making her famous for it .. or infamous, depending on your point of view.

Hillary also is frequently referred to as "Monica Lewinsky's ex-boyfriend's wife". Both a number of men as well as women have a difficult time with her rather codependent passive response to her husband's affairs. Specifically to this thread, men find her weakness here unattractive.

Hillary is not the most attractive woman in the world. For many men, having an unattractive woman be the "boss" is asking for trouble as these women often have been hurt by men who wouldn't go out with them or respond to their affection .. or who cheated on them .. and the rage such women harbor often gets transferred and displaced onto other innocent men, and Hillary can have a snarky attitude that implies there's contempt lurking below. So she, understandably, scares men. If she was very attractive and kind toward men in general, non-sexist, non-divisive, and her policies didn't contain so much compensatory female favoritism, she would score better with men.

Her policies, being liberal, are also going to be opposed by right-wing men in general. Women are the overt leaders of liberals, with men more background supportive. But men are the overt leaders of conservatives, with women more background supportive. Thus she will get her share of conservative male detractors, simply for political policy reasons.

These are the greatest reasons Hillary has a problem with men .. and, to be completely accurate, that many men have a problem with Hillary.

Yes, I'm sure there could be other reasons listed .. but these are the main reasons she has such a low response from men.

Trump doesn't score well with women, and likely for similar types of reasons simply played oppositely.

And there are some men who are just extremely insecure when dealing with competent, strong women.

I am delighted I am not one of them.

So you're argument for why men don't like Hillary is because women, like the men, are fed up with the usual? Even though Hillary performs significantly better among females when compared to males?

How does that make sense?

Hillary's problem is only partly "Hillary". It's the economy, and the fear that we may not come back like we have before. In prior recessions, we'd do some "fango jango" and things would improve.

That is not happening today. We have China dictating the trade terms instead of us, we make a "fair" deal, they gain, we make another "fair" deal, they gain a little more. It's like negotiating with termites.

Men and women instinctively know that profit makes the world go around, and when I buy a battery charger at Walmart for $50 made in China, which Walmart marked up 50%, $25 of my money got on a boat and went to China. If this were 1960, nearly all $50 of that battery charger would have remained in the USA.

It's a simple example, but it goes to the crux of what people sense is wrong and are fearful that we are going to lose so much industrial base, we may never prosper to the degree we have before.

Hillary specifically is preaching the S.O.S. But there is no believable changes we can expect. It's all talk. We as a "third party" of the Sanders and Trump tribes are done with the Hillary's and the Bush's of the world enriching themselves while the nation gets poorer.

I appreciate the response, but I am not seeing a coherent argument here for why Males dislike Hillary. This reads like a promo for Trump.

Are you solely basing the argument on the notion that males don't like Hillary because males, on the average, dislike the way things are currently being run?

Sadly for Hillary, there are a few things about her that set her up for male opposition.

Hillary has declared that there is a "war on women". Such implies that men are the invading violators in this "war". Men who aren't involved in such a "war" find her over-generalization offensive and divisive.

The media picks up this "war on women" attitude and spreads it into every home in America. This associates her with such divisiveness, and the association is repeated, so that, like an onslaught, it's ingrained in the minds of the public. This may not be her fault .. maybe .. but, it still happens.

Hillary's website and her speeches single out additional special benefits she would enact specifically for women and at the implied expense of men .. but nothing of the same for men. Sure, she's pandering to her demographic for votes .. but it doesn't play well for a number of men. Hillary over-exaggerates that men have an "advantage" and that the playing field needs to be "leveled". This may be good for getting her likely voters to come out to the polls .. but it may increase the number of men who will come out to simply vote against her. Again, the media runs with this, often making it bigger than it is.

Hillary's website and her speeches also present her attitude that there is a "war on color", meaning that non-White people are being invaded and violated by White people. Again, she's only trying to pander to her demographic, and her managers' logistics might thereby be sound. However, there are consequences in that when you combine her two "war" attitudes, as many of the men who don't like her are White. The media, of course, runs with this too, making her famous for it .. or infamous, depending on your point of view.

Hillary also is frequently referred to as "Monica Lewinsky's ex-boyfriend's wife". Both a number of men as well as women have a difficult time with her rather codependent passive response to her husband's affairs. Specifically to this thread, men find her weakness here unattractive.

Hillary is not the most attractive woman in the world. For many men, having an unattractive woman be the "boss" is asking for trouble as these women often have been hurt by men who wouldn't go out with them or respond to their affection .. or who cheated on them .. and the rage such women harbor often gets transferred and displaced onto other innocent men, and Hillary can have a snarky attitude that implies there's contempt lurking below. So she, understandably, scares men. If she was very attractive and kind toward men in general, non-sexist, non-divisive, and her policies didn't contain so much compensatory female favoritism, she would score better with men.

Her policies, being liberal, are also going to be opposed by right-wing men in general. Women are the overt leaders of liberals, with men more background supportive. But men are the overt leaders of conservatives, with women more background supportive. Thus she will get her share of conservative male detractors, simply for political policy reasons.

These are the greatest reasons Hillary has a problem with men .. and, to be completely accurate, that many men have a problem with Hillary.

Yes, I'm sure there could be other reasons listed .. but these are the main reasons she has such a low response from men.

Trump doesn't score well with women, and likely for similar types of reasons simply played oppositely.

I appreciate the response. I will take some time to review and digest it and come up with a more detailed reply, but I'm hungry.

:lamo

As a man...at least that's how I self-identify for now :) I totally hate Hillary Clinton. However, I hate Donald and Bernie a lot more. So... :shrug:

About a week ago, a Quinnipiac poll was released that showed Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are in a tight race in the three most important battleground states: Pennsylvannia, Ohio, and Florida. One of the primary reasons that the race is so tight is because of a gender gap that currently favors Trump.

It should be noted that Clinton's negative performance with men is specifically only with Daily chart: Hillary Clinton and male primary voters | The Economist, or at least that has been the case through the primary. And so I was curious as to why Hillary is doing so poorly amongst men? Are there any quotes from Hillary that are offensive to white males? Are there positions that Hillary has taken that would explain the amount of distaste that most white males feel for Hillary?

She is a manly woman in character.that is what I see in her

Men hate Hillary supposedly because they are tired of the way things are right now in our country.

But MEN RUN THINGS right now in this country (or at least, mostly men run things)...and pretty much have since the country first started.

Jeez!

Back
Top Bottom