• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Hillary's Chances in 2008

Will Hillary get nominated for prez in 2008?

• Yep - it's in the bag.

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Pretty good chance.

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Slight chance.

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • No way.

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Don't know.

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
If, by chance the Republican Party fails to make a major course change, and distance itself from a few....extremely bad apples in the next year to year and a half.....Hillary stands a very good chance in my opinion.

This is another article from NewsMax.com. A conservative source.

Ted Kennedy's Anti-Hillary Agenda

Newspapers across the country have reported that Ted Kennedy will back John Kerry for the Democratic presidential nomination in 2008 even if Hillary Clinton also seeks the nomination.

But that vow - divulged in an interview - comes as so surprise to readers of the Insider Report.

The June 4 edition of the Insider revealed that Kennedy, along with Kerry, Al Gore and Howard Dean - the so-called "Gang of Four" - were intent on stopping Hillary's 2008 presidential bid.

Then in our June 26 edition, in an article about Edward Klein's book "The Truth About Hillary," we disclosed that the Gang of Four were likely delighted by the Clinton-bashing book.

"These four liberal Democrats detest Hillary Clinton and have pledged to stop her no matter what from getting the Democratic nomination," the article read in part.

"Each member of the Gang has his own motive. Kennedy is disgusted by the Clintons' moderate politics and he has already endorsed Kerry for 2008. Kerry has his own presidential ambitions. Gore blames his 2000 loss on Hillary, who he says siphoned off key resources from her Senate race. And Dean blames the Clintons for his 2004 campaign woes."

In the recent interview, Kennedy told the Associated Press that his loyalty is to Kerry, his fellow Massachusetts Democrat, and said: "If he runs, I would support him."

Kennedy's headline-making interview is most likely an effort to stop the Hillary 2008 juggernaut. Kennedy is signaling Democratic activists and donors: Hillary is not the only candidate so don't throw your support to her yet.

Let me guess, Kennedy is a sexist now, right? Hahahahahahahahaaaaa! I love all this confusion, hatred and stupidity within the partisan parties! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa........ Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Originally posted by DivineComedy:
I want both Ann Coulter and Hillary in a snow bound cabin so lesbian tendencies are not a problem, unless they throw me out in the snow to die.

Sex sells, and you can bet that a good looking president will win over an ugly one, even if the good looking one in the debates implies that deficits are good and the ugly sweaty one (Nixon) is against them to the point of impounding (that resulted in the 1974 Budget and Impound Control Act, which caused the budget to go up in a linear fashion until Reagan).

Hillary can win on the economy (good baggage for those that can‘t spell irrational exuberance) and social issues (that women care more about). That is why Republicans must choose a Newt, if they do not I bet they will lose big time and the Republicans will be puking their guts out at the display Democrats will make of it. Even with the baggage they both carry my bet is Hillary would win against all comers, except a well known Republican that clearly can say he was there and instrumental in Clinton’s economy. If Hillary is careful with her words, and so far she has shown far more intelligence than John Kerry ever could, she can win enough of the pro-war crowd, that are fed up with the economy, without totally alienating the anti-war crowd. Even those that take their time with an issue can see Republicans getting squashed like a bug in the next election, even if Iraq in 2007 looks like the best thing since chipped beef on a shingle.

Another issue that will certainly come up is heath care, and I say the Health fiasco could actually play in Hillary’s favor if the Republicans are stupid enough to bring up her work on that, and you can bet they will bring it up. Unless someone can prove that it could not work, Hillary can say what she supported could have worked, and if it gets too complicated Hillary wins the debate with the mob. Republicans can say that while they had both Congress and the White House they are not responsible for huge increases in the costs of health care. People want results, and the mob has an attention span that wants things to flash by like a music video; I guess I am a little old fashioned and would rather kill the editor and just focus on the chick while she sings. When Republican supporting corporations make agreements with the unions, that would sell out their own mother, to cut health insurance on retirees, to save money, because the retirees can get “some” relief from a government program like Medicare, all I see is a gross hypocrisy among Republicans that cries out for universal health insurance.

Let’s not even talk about illegal immigration and amnesty. And please do not mention the hideously ridiculous foreign debt, when I need a fuel efficient car that does not weigh a ton, especially considering the significance of this week (after the usurers demanded full payment while my house was under a tarp from a natural disaster.) I might explode, and get degusting stuff all over your screen.

I say we increase taxes on the rich, get CETA to rake leaves in the forest and to tag beach goers like Joseph Califano wanted to do (to save on health care), and let’s teach the damn rich hypocrites that can afford to drive Hummers a real lesson.

Newt 2008!
I'd love to hear Hilliary and Bill at her inaugeration:

Bill: Congratulations, Harriet.
Hilliary: It's Hilliary, Bill.
Bill: I'm sorry, my bad.
Hilliary: Whatever.
Bill: Hey, after you take the oath of office, we'll have something in common.
Hilliary: Bill, sit down and shut-up!

If she gets in, they will have to spend more time with each other. Who knows, maybe they'll turn out like Jack and Jackie. You think JFK got more trim than Bill? Or just picked from cuter stable of bitches?

I think that if Hillary is nominated (which she will be) she has an excellent chance of defeating whoever the Republicans throw at her, unless that person is Condoleeza Rice. Let's do some electoral math: In 2000, Bush and Gore virtually split the white female vote. In 2004, Bush carried the white female vote by 14% over Kerry. Most estimates that I have heard predict that Hillary would carry the white female vote by 10%-15%. This means that the Republican Candidate will be behind by approximately 8 million votes right out of the gate. If Dr. Rice runs, she will carry a significant percentage (if not a majority) of the black vote. This would make Hillary's gains in the white female vote a wash. It will definitely be interesting to see how it plays out.

Alex

barefootguy said:
I think that if Hillary is nominated (which she will be) she has an excellent chance of defeating whoever the Republicans throw at her, unless that person is Condoleeza Rice. Let's do some electoral math: In 2000, Bush and Gore virtually split the white female vote. In 2004, Bush carried the white female vote by 14% over Kerry. Most estimates that I have heard predict that Hillary would carry the white female vote by 10%-15%. This means that the Republican Candidate will be behind by approximately 8 million votes right out of the gate. If Dr. Rice runs, she will carry a significant percentage (if not a majority) of the black vote. This would make Hillary's gains in the white female vote a wash. It will definitely be interesting to see how it plays out.

Alex

The early front runner with Republicans usually wins the nomination. However, with Democrats, the early front runner has never won the nomination. I doubt Hillary will get it. However, if she does, she might have a decent chance of winning. Then again, I don't like her and I am a Democrat, and I know a lot of Democrats like me that don't like her. If she won the nomination, I might vote Republican if it was a moderate.

Condi would never get the nomination. The devil will be passing out ice water before the Republican Presidential candidate is a black woman, who is pro-affirmative action, and who is obviously a lesbian. All that taken into consideration, if she did get the nomination, Condi would go down like Mondale did.

barefootguy said:
If Dr. Rice runs, she will carry a significant percentage (if not a majority) of the black vote.

I don't think this is very likely. She might carry a higher percentage of the black vote than other Republicans have (she also might not), but she won't carry anything close to a majority.

Black voters are too deeply attached to the Democratic establishment to vote en masse for a Republican just because she happens to be black.

Most of the black ppl I know don't like Rice. They like Hillary because it would be like a 3rd term for Bill. But that's just the opinion of a small group in a little town in Florida.

Back
Top Bottom