• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Hillary's Chances in 2008

Will Hillary get nominated for prez in 2008?

  • Yep - it's in the bag.

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Pretty good chance.

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Slight chance.

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • No way.

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Don't know.

    Votes: 1 3.3%

  • Total voters
    30

alphamale

Banned
Joined
Oct 9, 2005
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
0
Location
Southern California
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Hillary had been making "moderate" noises by wondering aloud how illegal immigration can be stopped, and even on abortion, taking a page from Bubba's successful "triangulation" method. (In fact, that's how she got to be NY senator, taking NYC for granted and spending her time convincing the upstate yokels she wasn't a demon.) But lately she has been falling out of favor with dem party activists (leftists) and the ones that control the purse strings (Soros, moveon, etc.) What are Hillary's chances of getting the presidential nomination for 2008 the way things look now?
 

Donkey1499

DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 5, 2005
Messages
3,945
Reaction score
56
Location
Under The Northern Star, Alaska
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
Hillary's chances, I think, are pretty good. She's a Clinton for Christ's sake. I ain't gonna vote for her, but there is no doubt that she will win the Democrat Nomination for '08. And I don't know who I'm voting for yet. That'll have to wait until after all the nominees are picked.
 

kal-el

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 22, 2005
Messages
3,412
Reaction score
8
Location
United States
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Yea, IMO her chances on getting the nomination are practically in the bag. I mean who else do they have? John Kerry? Ran already, lost. Howard Dean? DNC chairman. The only way I'd vote for her is the lesser of 2 evils arguement, but if there is a more qualified candidate running, whatever party, I think I'll vote otherwise.
 

scottyz

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Messages
1,575
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Moderate
kal-el said:
Yea, IMO her chances on getting the nomination are practically in the bag. I mean who else do they have? John Kerry? Ran already, lost. Howard Dean? DNC chairman. The only way I'd vote for her is the lesser of 2 evils arguement, but if there is a more qualified candidate running, whatever party, I think I'll vote otherwise.
I think Clark would make a good president. I don't want to see Hillary's name anywhere in 2008.
 

kal-el

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 22, 2005
Messages
3,412
Reaction score
8
Location
United States
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
scottyz said:
I think Clark would make a good president. I don't want to see Hillary's name anywhere in 2008.
Clark Kent?:lol:
 

FinnMacCool

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 23, 2005
Messages
2,272
Reaction score
153
Location
South Shore of Long Island.
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
There has to be a nominee we can vote for that isn't an asshole! There has to be! But the only one I can think of is John McKain.
 

The Mark

Sporadic insanity normal.
Supporting Member
Monthly Subscriber
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 9, 2005
Messages
25,050
Reaction score
6,057
Location
Pennsylvania
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Progressive
I would say she will be nominated........I mean, have any of you heard much in the media lately about other candidates for the Democratic party?

Or maybe it's just me.

However, I won't vote for her unless she is the best one in the junkpile......and maybe not even then.
 

Kandahar

Enemy Combatant
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
20,688
Reaction score
7,319
Location
Washington, DC
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
Barring some kind of political upheaval in the Democratic Party, Hillary Clinton WILL be the nominee in 2008. She's smart, electable, and presidential. The Democratic Party seems ready to hold their nose and nominate another pro-war candidate, so this won't be a factor unless things completely collapse in Iraq. And I think the "bitch" reputation will wear off as people get to know her better and see that she's not like that at all.

If she's nominated, she'll probably win the general election since she's a very strong candidate (the strongest since her husband), and the Republican field looks very weak. The only Republicans who might have a chance at beating her are John McCain and Rudy Giuliani, but neither of them have a chance in hell of winning the primary. The other names that come up - Bill Frist, Rick Santorum, George Allen, Sam Brownback, Mike Huckabee, Mitt Romney - are all douchebags and/or have too many skeletons in their closets to stand a chance in the general.
 

scottyz

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Messages
1,575
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Moderate
Kandahar said:
Barring some kind of political upheaval in the Democratic Party, Hillary Clinton WILL be the nominee in 2008. She's smart, electable, and presidential. The Democratic Party seems ready to hold their nose and nominate another pro-war candidate, so this won't be a factor unless things completely collapse in Iraq. And I think the "bitch" reputation will wear off as people get to know her better and see that she's not like that at all.

If she's nominated, she'll probably win the general election since she's a very strong candidate (the strongest since her husband), and the Republican field looks very weak. The only Republicans who might have a chance at beating her are John McCain and Rudy Giuliani, but neither of them have a chance in hell of winning the primary. The other names that come up - Bill Frist, Rick Santorum, George Allen, Sam Brownback, Mike Huckabee, Mitt Romney - are all douchebags and/or have too many skeletons in their closets to stand a chance in the general.
Is America ready for a female president though? I have my doubts. I think McCain would beat her, but she could always use Dubya's strategy of spreading rumours about McCains black child to beat him.
 
Last edited:

scottyz

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Messages
1,575
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Moderate
FinnMacCool said:
Who gives a **** if he has a black child? The only people who care about that are those racist hillbilly bastards.
Apparently lots of people because McCain lost to Bush.
 

The Mark

Sporadic insanity normal.
Supporting Member
Monthly Subscriber
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 9, 2005
Messages
25,050
Reaction score
6,057
Location
Pennsylvania
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Progressive
scottyz said:
Is America ready for a female president though? I have my doubts. I think McCain would beat her, but she could always use Dubya's strategy of spreading rumours about McCains black child to beat him.
I, personally, have no qualms if the correct woman is elected.
 

kal-el

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 22, 2005
Messages
3,412
Reaction score
8
Location
United States
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The Mark said:
I would say she will be nominated........I mean, have any of you heard much in the media lately about other candidates for the Democratic party?
What about Joseph Biden?
 

purplehaze

New member
Joined
Sep 30, 2005
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
I think Hillary will be nominated. If she is she will win the election. I say this because the majority of Americans will vote for her just because it would make her the first women president(to be a part of making history). Add to this her famous name and I think it will be a landslide. I know she says she won't run, but I think Rice would win for these same reasons. She would not only get the majoirty of black votes, but also women. She also would be making history by being the first black female president, which would gather up a huge number of the "undecided" or people that aren't into politics much and just like the way it would look.
 

Billo_Really

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
One thing is for sure in 2008, the next President of the United States will be a WOMEN! The race is practically all but set as Hilliary vs. Rice.
 

purplehaze

New member
Joined
Sep 30, 2005
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
One thing is for sure in 2008, the next President of the United States will be a WOMEN! The race is practically all but set as Hilliary vs. Rice.
As I said I think rice could win if she ran. What makes you so sure she will though? Everytime she has been asked shes been pretty adamant that she will not run. I doesn't sound like the normal "its too early too say" denial, she seems pretty firm. Have you heard something else or just feel like she will run because everyone in the party will want her to.
 

Billo_Really

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Originally posted by purplehaze:
As I said I think rice could win if she ran. What makes you so sure she will though? Everytime she has been asked shes been pretty adamant that she will not run. I doesn't sound like the normal "its too early too say" denial, she seems pretty firm. Have you heard something else or just feel like she will run because everyone in the party will want her to.
I assume your talking about Condi? I think it is just logistics. Republicans have nobody right now that can go against Hilliary. I would ponder voting for McCain if he got that far, but he won't get his parties nomination. Republicans do not like McCain (as this guy was saying on the factor tonight). I think he's right. He's not a popular Rep. Gulliani even has less of a chance. So the obvious one is Condellesa Rice. What she would do, as this guy was saying, is take away the black vote from the Democrats. I don't know the impact on the female vote because they don't vote for other women. Women are brutal with each other. Guys aren't that way. Just give me my sports and don't bang my women, and I'm a happy camper. Simple.

I'll be voting for Hilliary in 2008. Everybody remembers the prosperity this country had with a Clinton in the White House. I'm sure the majority of this country misses those times.
 

teacher

DP Veteran
Joined
May 20, 2005
Messages
5,980
Reaction score
30
Location
Nomad.Got a couch,beer,meat,cute daughters,Batman
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Billo_Really said:
I assume your talking about Condi? I think it is just logistics. Republicans have nobody right now that can go against Hilliary. I would ponder voting for McCain if he got that far, but he won't get his parties nomination. Republicans do not like McCain (as this guy was saying on the factor tonight). I think he's right. He's not a popular Rep. Gulliani even has less of a chance. So the obvious one is Condellesa Rice. What she would do, as this guy was saying, is take away the black vote from the Democrats. I don't know the impact on the female vote because they don't vote for other women. Women are brutal with each other. Guys aren't that way. Just give me my sports and don't bang my women, and I'm a happy camper. Simple.

I'll be voting for Hilliary in 2008. Everybody remembers the prosperity this country had with a Clinton in the White House. I'm sure the majority of this country misses those times.
All economic indicators are up. Hillary has so much digitally saved baggage if she dares run the her past lies alone will take up half the bandwidth. Like when she said about the white house travel office workers, "fire their asses". My favorite is the Sir Edmund Hillary speech in New Zealand. But then Democrates go with their guy no matter how much their character is proven to be faulty.
 

Kelzie

The Almighty
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
13,534
Reaction score
1,000
Location
Denver, CO
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
scottyz said:
Is America ready for a female president though? I have my doubts. I think McCain would beat her, but she could always use Dubya's strategy of spreading rumours about McCains black child to beat him.
God I hate it when people say this. What exactly does America have to be ready for? She's not an alien for Christ's sake. PAKISTAN had a female Prime Minister. Pakistan, as in the Middle East, as in a nation founded on the principles of Islam. Are you trying to say that Pakistan is ready for a female ruler, but not the United State of America? It's 2005, not 1805.
 

Kelzie

The Almighty
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
13,534
Reaction score
1,000
Location
Denver, CO
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
purplehaze said:
As I said I think rice could win if she ran. What makes you so sure she will though? Everytime she has been asked shes been pretty adamant that she will not run. I doesn't sound like the normal "its too early too say" denial, she seems pretty firm. Have you heard something else or just feel like she will run because everyone in the party will want her to.
Not only will Condi not run, she won't even try. She has never been elected to an office. Never. Not once. The Republicans aren't that stupid. She should cut her teeth on some senate or governor race and try again later. Not in 2008 though.
 

Billo_Really

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Originally posted by teacher:
But then Democrates go with their guy no matter how much their character is proven to be faulty.
You guys ought to know about faulty character making it to the White House.
 

scottyz

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Messages
1,575
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Moderate
Kelzie said:
Are you trying to say that Pakistan is ready for a female ruler, but not the United State of America? It's 2005, not 1805.
I think a large part of America still thinks a womans role is to pop out children and cook.
 

purplehaze

New member
Joined
Sep 30, 2005
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
Not only will Condi not run, she won't even try. She has never been elected to an office. Never. Not once. The Republicans aren't that stupid. She should cut her teeth on some senate or governor race and try again later. Not in 2008 though.
What would be hard for her if she decided to run? She has already shown she is more than capable of addressing the public and giving speeches. She has a long public service record to see the history of her stances on various issues. It would be the republican party that would talk her into running. The republican campaign machine would do all the campaigning she would just need to give speeches. Hell they got Bush elected... twice, I think she is a much stronger candidate and easily a better speaker. I am not following why you think it would be unthinkable to see her run and win.
 

Kelzie

The Almighty
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
13,534
Reaction score
1,000
Location
Denver, CO
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
scottyz said:
I think a large part of America still thinks a womans role is to pop out children and cook.
I cannot believe you think that's true. So do you think Pakistan is more advanced in women's rights than the US? Howbout Britain, or the Phillipines, or India, or Germany (boo Merkel)?
 
Top Bottom