• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hillary's Benghazi Deposition

Hillary's Benghazi Deposition

• Total voters

pbrauer

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Win, place, show, other

You think they will eventually stop wasting money over trying to bring down Hillary with these nonsense?

They've wasted money over more trivial things. But to answer your question. "No". Or until the cows come home.

You think they will eventually stop wasting money over trying to bring down Hillary with these nonsense?

I read today where some of these jokers NOW want to try to drag in her emails because someone alluded to something like there's gotta be a smoking gun somewhere in those thousand and thousands of emails. Gezzzzzzzzus Gawd.. :roll:

I read today where some of these jokers NOW want to try to drag in her emails because someone alluded to something like there's gotta be a smoking gun somewhere in those thousand and thousands of emails. Gezzzzzzzzus Gawd.. :roll:

I am not surprised that if one looks long and good enough that they can find what they are looking for in just about any writing, cause that is human nature. What I am surprised at is how come people allow wasting their money in stupid directions such as those?

two things were proved...

Hilary and Obama blatanty lied to the public about that video being the cause of the attack.

Hillary never cared about the security of the people who worked for her.....not even when they asked for the security.

Neither of these are criminal, but they show qualities that are not sutable for a President.

Unfortunately, the left don't care about qualities of a candidate. They will vote for her anyway.

Hilary and Obama blatanty lied to the public about that video being the cause of the attack.

Hillary never cared about the security of the people who worked for her.....not even when they asked for the security.

Neither of these are criminal, but they show qualities that are not sutable for a President.

Unfortunately, the left don't care about qualities of a candidate. They will vote for her anyway.

I think she got her butt kicked. So the question becomes, will they proffer charges?

Charges for what crime?

As for the OP, since the goal seems to have to have been to destroy her and that clearly didn't happen, this has to go down as a big win for Hillary.

I think she got her butt kicked. So the question becomes, will they proffer charges?

Not only did she NOT get her butt kicked...

...she owes the Republicans on that committee a note of thanks for giving her a chance gain the admiration of people who previously disliked her.

She came off looking professional, prepared...and presidential.

The Republicans on the committee came off looking like idiots.

One thing was proved...

...conservatives simply cannot tell a loss from a victory.

Charges for what crime?

As for the OP, since the goal seems to have to have been to destroy her and that clearly didn't happen, this has to go down as a big win for Hillary.

Homicide to start with, four counts. Because it is my contention that Obama a) failed to render aid, and b), intentionally sacrificed lives rather than see them become a potential source of political embarrassment. These are incompetents who would watch YOU die rather than allow you to tarnish their legacy or future.

And then they had the nerve a) to blame it on a video, believing the American people were that naive, and b) hunt down its creator and violate his state parole.

We have contempt of court and the intentional breach of security.

This was my interpretation as these events unfolded and the evidence only reinforces that.

Last edited:
Clearly if you want to talk with Hillary, you has better be in Sidney Blumenthal's good graces.

Or Huma's. One question yesterday was about Hillary responding in 4 minutes to a communication from her while Ambassador Stevens followed security channels.

I will just add that one thing I believe was brought out through questioning is Hillary's relationship with Sidney Blumenthal and the intelligence he was passing on to her. She claims she did not know Blumenthal's sources. Rather odd don't you think? And that bit where she told that she removed Blumenthal's name from anything she passed on to the White House. All this info was transferred on her unsecured server. Some think she may have broke the Espionage Act. Maybe that is what the FBI is investigating. But her testimony yesterday sure opened doors for further investigation.

A piece of political theater that produced nothing of consequence.

Hillary used "smart power" :roll:,,it's unreal how dumb Americans are about Libya -we caused a failed terrorist state.
But the Republicans ( McCain /Rubio /Graham) wanted regime change too..

It was a circus,and we do like our distractions from the real world

Overall she came out almost squeaky clean except for the email she sent her daughter, telling her daughter the truth. When asked about why she told her daughter one thing and everyone else something different her response was there was a lot of conflicting information at the time. What a lame excuse. I guess she didn't want her daughter to have any of the "conflicting information". What she was really doing after the fact was called damage control, which really didn't have anything to do with the events themselves but did make it appear there might have been a cover up involved. There really wasn't anything of substance discovered by this massive and expensive investigation other than how things could have been handled differently. Hindsight is 20/20. Just ask G.W. about 09/11. Bottom line, the Republicans are starting to create sympathy for Hillary and it is backfiring on them. They should just let it rest and let the FBI take Hillary down.

Overall she came out almost squeaky clean except for the email she sent her daughter, telling her daughter the truth. When asked about why she told her daughter one thing and everyone else something different her response was there was a lot of conflicting information at the time. What a lame excuse. I guess she didn't want her daughter to have any of the "conflicting information". What she was really doing after the fact was called damage control, which really didn't have anything to do with the events themselves but did make it appear there might have been a cover up involved. There really wasn't anything of substance discovered by this massive and expensive investigation other than how things could have been handled differently. Hindsight is 20/20. Just ask G.W. about 09/11. Bottom line, the Republicans are starting to create sympathy for Hillary and it is backfiring on them. They should just let it rest and let the FBI take Hillary down.
What some in the nutnoodlery crowd are calling a "smoking gun:"

Clinton_ER_20151022131019.jpg

The email from Hillary Clinton to Chelsea:

“Two of our officers were killed in Benghazi by an Al Queda-like group,” and expresses sadness and what a hard day it was.

Mrs. Clinton’s 2012 statement : Some have sought to justify this vicious behavior as a response to inflammatory material posted on the Internet...”

What was reported in the September 12th papers:

"Officials said the assault may have been carried out by an affiliate of al-Qaeda, perhaps seeking to avenge the death of a Libyan who had served as the terrorist group’s No. 2 operative until he was killed in Pakistan in June by a U.S. drone strike."
"Preliminary reports speculated that the violence grew spontaneously out of anger over the film. But U.S. and Libyan officials cast doubt on that theory, with some suggesting that the attackers took advantage of the diversion created by protesters."

Libya consulate attack came after militants joined protesters, say witnesses, officials - The Washington Post

I second this. A complete waste of time and money.

I hope that at least she benefits from the belief that "There is no bad publicity" and has at least some return from her and everyone's wasted time and money.

I hope that at least she benefits from the belief that "There is no bad publicity" and has at least some return from her and everyone's wasted time and money.

Yoooooge return for her.

Eleven Freakin Hours. Grilling, badgering, filibustering. And after all that, the BENGHAZI!!! cons haven't made a dent.

Hillary, who I'm not even a fan of, handled this charade with amazing skill and erudition.

She knocked it out of the ballpark.

I can't imagine even one pubbie handling this with the astuteness and grace she is presenting.

She's freakin' amazing.

Congrats, connies, you elevated a previously unlikable person to many of us to *holy ****, she's friggin invincible*

Way ta go, pubs!

I will just add that one thing I believe was brought out through questioning is Hillary's relationship with Sidney Blumenthal and the intelligence he was passing on to her. She claims she did not know Blumenthal's sources. Rather odd don't you think? And that bit where she told that she removed Blumenthal's name from anything she passed on to the White House. All this info was transferred on her unsecured server. Some think she may have broke the Espionage Act. Maybe that is what the FBI is investigating. But her testimony yesterday sure opened doors for further investigation.

Good morning, Vesper. :2wave:

Your comment about her testimony opening doors for further investigation might be an explanation for why the Dems on the panel are shouting that this is a waste of time and money and should be stopped now. They are protecting her, which comes as no surprise since I would expect them to do that - they want her to be the next POTUS, with Bill helping her of course. These are truly weird times we are living in, and if the investigation continues, the Dems will be obligated to remain on the panel to be sure they know what's going on firsthand.

IMO, the questions asked were not the questions most of the public hoped to get answers to - 1) why were repeated cries for help from those being attacked ignored; and 2) why was security in a very dangerous part of the world not beefed up by the State Department when hundreds of requests were being made by our Embassy in Benghazi to do so prior to the attack that caused their deaths? Was she being told what to do, or were the decisions really hers alone to make as SoS?

Back
Top Bottom