• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Hillary's America" by Dinesh D'Souza

sanman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
American Conservatism's answer to Michael Moore, the conservative political pundit, writer and filmmaker Dinesh D'Souza now releases his latest film, "Hillary's America"

Holy Polarized Politics Batman - WTF did I just watch? :shock:

I saw this trailer at the movie theater the other day. The audience couldn't stop laughing and groaning. :)

American Conservatism's answer to Michael Moore, the conservative political pundit, writer and filmmaker Dinesh D'Souza now releases his latest film, "Hillary's America"

I listened to an ad on the radio for it today while doing a roadtrip, it sounds dumb as hell, and that's before I even get to the fact I disagree with the director on multiple issues

I'm not disagreeing with the filmmaker's general conclusions - I'm disagreeing with the presentation style.

I'm not disagreeing with the filmmaker's general conclusions - I'm disagreeing with the presentation style.

Many things wrong with the presentation, like the secret history of the Democratic Party bit, none of what he references (at least in the teaser) is secret at all. And I haven't seen the whole movie so I don't know what the entire picture is painted, but the teaser I listen to on the radio tries to paint it like the entire Democratic Party before the 1960s was racist black burning Klansman, Which is false historically. I'm going I take a wild stab and guess his movie doesn't mention Idaho Democrat Glenn Taylor beigng arrested for violating alabamas segregation laws, by Bull Connor no less

Hey Dinesh, were those democrats conservative or liberal?

A: >>>>.con...con....conser....conserv....you just nevermind, you

If this is a real movie...I might just watch it.

I have an enquiring mind.

I like to do research and seek facts myself.

I also prefer to listen to all sides of an issue so I can decide for myself what is right and true on a case by case basis.

To be honest, I had no idea who this gentleman was, so I just looked at some of the videos regarding his discussions at colleges and he impressed me with his ability to puncture the self-righteousness of some of his questioners.

I am not so set in any position (other than perhaps the Second Amendment ;) ), that I would refuse to stop, look, and listen to all views with an open mind.

Last edited:

I also prefer to listen to all sides of an issue so I can decide for myself what is right and true on a case by case basis. (STILL TYPING)

What is this thing you have where you like to pounce on a thread, post a half-post, and announce you're "still typing" -- and as you did to me earlier, order "don't quote" ?

Can't you be like normal people and finish a post before you hit the submit button?

On topic: You're not going to find much facts with a D'Souza movie.

It's blatant propaganda.

What is this thing you have where you like to pounce on a thread, post a half-post, and announce you're "still typing" -- and as you did to me earlier, order "don't quote" ?

Can't you be like normal people and finish a post before you hit the submit button?

On topic: You're not going to find much facts with a D'Souza movie.

It's blatant propaganda.

I'm going to ignore the first part. Try private messaging if you have a personal question, rather than asking if someone is a "normal person" in a lightly veiled personal attack.

As to the "propaganda" issue? Most socio-political documentaries present a slanted viewpoint; they are usually trying to instruct the viewer into being either for, or against some issue of concern to the filmmaker.

The object in watching is to see just exactly what is being instructed and if it has any effect on one's preconceived notions about the topic.

At worst, one can get an idea of what the opposition's talking points are. At best, one might learn something which can modify ones set-in-stone positions.

Last edited:
I'm going to ignore the first part. Try private messaging if you have a personal question, rather than asking if someone is a "normal person" in a lightly veiled personal attack.

As to "propaganda" issue? Most documentaries present a slanted viewpoint; they are usually trying to instruct the viewer into being either for, or against some issue of concern to the filmmaker.

The object in watching is to see just exactly what is being instructed and if it has any effect on one's preconceived notions about the topic.

At worst, one can get an idea of what the opposition's talking points are. At best, one might learn something which can modify ones set-in-stone positions.

Just do like I just did and next time report his ass...

As to "propaganda" issue? Most documentaries present a slanted viewpoint; they are usually trying to instruct the viewer into being either for, or against some issue of concern to the filmmaker.

IMO, you are one of the most sensitive posters on this board. Just sayin.

No, most documentaries are not propaganda. They try and present historical facts from both sides - at least the ones worthy of note do.

D'Souza, the fraud, doesn't even come close to doing that. Then again, maybe you think Micheal Moore was an objective documentarian.

No, most documentaries are not propaganda. They try and present historical facts from both sides - at least the ones worthy of note do.

D'Souza, the fraud, doesn't even come close to doing that. Then again, maybe you think Micheal Moore was an objective documentarian.

Yes they are.

I've never watched a single documentary that didn't have some kind of slant. in fact slant is a part of human nature.

Again? I have no idea what this is supposed to mean; insult? Praise? Waste of space derailing a thread into a personal confrontation? I'll try not to assume the worst. :shrug:

Well, I did edit the post to specify socio-political documentaries, although it is my firm belief after watching hundreds, perhaps thousands of documentaries over the last six decades that almost all are trying to sell something.

As for Michael Moore? No, I almost mentioned him in contrast myself.

In any case, you have made no point so far which refutes this:

I also prefer to listen to all sides of an issue so I can decide for myself what is right and true on a case by case basis.

To be honest, I had no idea who this gentleman was, so I just looked at some of the videos regarding his discussions at colleges and he impressed me with his ability to puncture the self-righteousness of some of his questioners.

I am not so set in any position (other than perhaps the Second Amendment ;) ), that I would refuse to stop, look, and listen to all views with an open mind.

You might very much enjoy reading Dinesh D'Souza's 2003 book What's So Great About America.

And, BTW, D'Souza is a very nice, affable, and brilliant man.

<snip video>

Holy Polarized Politics Batman - WTF did I just watch? :shock:
Seeing as he is partisan to the point of committing felonies (and found guilty!) in campaign finance, I wouldn't expect this movie to be too much better in those regards.

If you're conservative, you'll probably like his books; they're pretty well written, and include good footnotes with good working bibliographies, but they're also partisan as hell. They're not necessarily academic, but are academic in style - which is fine with me. I've enjoyed reading them.

He's got an interesting life's story, too: Indian immigrant, to Dartmouth, to noted author, to national fame & recognition, to academic appointments. I've always been a sucker for a good immigrant story, and there was a time when I followed and read him. He's a fairly prolific author.

He did get publicly caught sleeping with his mistress while married, which cost him his Presidency at a Manhattan Christian College. It's obviously not a huge deal in terms of his academic & intellectual capabilities (besides losing his job in academics), but thought I'd toss it out there for additional background.

You might very much enjoy reading Dinesh D'Souza's 2003 book What's So Great About America.

And, BTW, D'Souza is a very nice, affable, and brilliant man.
I've been meaning to pick that up, but never got around to it.

One of his strengths as an author (IMO) comes from his sort-of outsider status being an immigrant, so he's not as programmed into American paradigms and though patterns as much as those of us born here.

One Word:

PROPAGANDA

Copy-pasted from the Youtube comments:

i cant say im surprised, but youtube WILL NOT let me subscribe to your channel, I will try back later, it may just be a error on my pc, but I have every right to be paranoid.

Paranoid?? Yeah, I think that's the kind of person who is eager to watch this movie.

Hey Dinesh, were those democrats conservative or liberal?

A: >>>>.con...con....conser....conserv....you just nevermind, you

They were and still have a lot in common with modern day Democrats

The Democrat party's agenda regarding minorities has always been about control.

Its gone from overt racist initiatives like Jim Crow and segregation to policies and narratives that perpetuate dependence

How do you liberate someone by telling them they're helpless hopelsss victims to some all powerful systemic threat ?

You dont.

Cities like Detroit, Chicago, Atlanta and Baltimore aren't run by Conservatives. Detroits had decades of Democrat control and half of its population is functionally illiterate

Nearly Half Of Detroit's Adults Are Functionally Illiterate, Report Finds

Inner city violence is being all but ignored by the Democrats, by Obama and by the Congressional Black Caucus and why? Because they cant exploit it for Political gain.

So blaming Conservatives is ridiculous.

Last edited:
How could it possibly based on facts?:lamo:lamo:lamo

Facts are often included in Propaganda, just enough to try and give it some validity. Or don't you know that? :roll:

Facts are often included in Propaganda, just enough to try and give it some validity. Or don't you know that? :roll:

Of course, but when you capitalize propaganda you are already judging something you haven't seen.

Of course, but when you capitalize propaganda you are already judging something you haven't seen.
I saw enough times know what it is, I guess it is not obvious to SOME people, and they will need to go see the entire movie, probably several times, just enough times to begin believing it to be the entire truth, good luck.

I've been meaning to pick that up, but never got around to it.

One of his strengths as an author (IMO) comes from his sort-of outsider status being an immigrant, so he's not as programmed into American paradigms and though patterns as much as those of us born here.

He also has an admiration and gratitude that most of us generally take for granted.

Back
Top Bottom