• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Hillary's 20 Million

FreeThinker

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Something I don't understand: why the hell is Obama using money from his campaign to pay Hillary back the 20 million she sank into her own bid for nomination?

Hillary gambled on herself and lost. If someone makes a risky career move and it doesn't work out, they don't get their money back. Why is Hillary different from any other working American?

Something I don't understand: why the hell is Obama using money from his campaign to pay Hillary back the 20 million she sank into her own bid for nomination?

Hillary gambled on herself and lost. If someone makes a risky career move and it doesn't work out, they don't get their money back. Why is Hillary different from any other working American?

It's not unusual for one candidate to help another candidate raise money if they are in debt.

It's not unusual for one candidate to help another candidate raise money if they are in debt.

It's also not unusual to get mugged in New York. Does that make it acceptable?

It's also not unusual to get mugged in New York. Does that make it acceptable?

What is unacceptable about it? This is standard procedure and is a sign of no hard feelings.

Not only a sign of "no hard feelings" but also a wise political move. A win-win situation, if you think about it.

Hilary pays off her debts, and Obama gets Hilary's donors and support.

What is unacceptable about it? This is standard procedure and is a sign of no hard feelings.

You don't seem to get it: it's not Obama's money. It's money donated by American voters to support a candidate they believe in.

Millions of people donated money to Hillary's campaign, including Hillary herself. Do all those people get their money back too?

You don't seem to get it: it's not Obama's money. It's money donated by American voters to support a candidate they believe in.

Millions of people donated money to Hillary's campaign, including Hillary herself. Do all those people get their money back too?

Now is Obama actually giving Hillary money, or is he simply helping her raise money? The two are totally different things.

Now is Obama actually giving Hillary money, or is he simply helping her raise money? The two are totally different things.

Last time I checked Obama had a net worth of around 2 million dollars, with a yearly income less than 5 million.

Unless Obama takes out a 15 million dollar loan, it is not his money.

But Obama and Hilary doesn't have that strong of a contrast. It's like two people ordering a Footlong at Subway to share a tuna sandwich...One person wants it on wheat, the other wants white. They can only have one. It's not like either one of those guys want thier money back if they don't get thier type of bread.

Now, if it was Anchovies or something like that...then sure I would understand....but white over wheat bread?;)

(whole grain wheat beats white bread btw) :mrgreen:

[Legend]
[White bread - Hilary]
[Wheat bread - Obama]
[Anchovies - McCain]

Last edited:

You are the one who doesn't seem to get it. Because of financing rules Obama can simply pay off Hillary's debt with his money. He like many candidates do has asked donor to help her in paying off her own bills by raising money for that specific cause(more specifically donating to the Clinton campaign). If the American voters don't want to pay off her bills they don't have to donate to the Clinton campaign. Moving on.

What stupidity. The debt Obama is helping to pay off accumulated because of unpaid bills to creditors and her own staff. She isn't getting money to pay herself back. She's getting money to pay the people she ows back. Your ignorance is shinning through.

Last edited:

You do know you completely failed to answer my question, right?

You are the one who doesn't seem to get it. Because of financing rules Obama can simply pay off Hillary's debt with his money.

Not his money, the money donated by American voters.

He like many candidates do has asked donor to help her in paying off her own bills by raising money for that specific cause.

What a noble cause: helping someone pay back 20 million when their net worth is almost twice that: LJWorld.com / Clinton sees biggest boost in net worth

What stupidity. The debt Obama is helping to pay off accumulated because of unpaid bills to creditors and her own staff. She isn't getting money to pay herself back. She's getting money to pay the people she ows back.

If you can't pay for a $30 dollar meal, don't go to a restaurant.

Your ignorance is shinning through.

shinning - Google Search

Irony wins, you lose.

Read the thread. I don't feel like quoting multiple posts to bring you up to speed.

As I understand it, Obama isn't giving her his money, he's helping her raise more money. Those are two different things.

Not his money, the money donated by American voters.

Which they know they are giving straight to the Clinton campaign. Will you c show me where Obama is giving the money donated to him over to Hillary? Good luck considering this is not possible due to campaign rules. He's helping her raise money to pay her own debt back.

What a noble cause: helping someone pay back 20 million when their net worth is almost twice that: LJWorld.com / Clinton sees biggest boost in net worth

Pssst. Come at me when you can show Obama going into his own pocket and giving the money donated to him to Hillary and not asking donors to donate to the Hillary campaign in order to pay off her debt.

If you can't pay for a $30 dollar meal, don't go to a restaurant.

In other words your claim that Hillary is getting HER money back has been debunked so you have nothing to ad but silly old negro spiritual talk. K thanks.

Momma always told me not to feed the trolls. ;)

Last edited:
1. Hillary gives 20 million of her own money to her campaign.

2. Hillary loses the nomination.

3. Hillary wants the money she spent on herself, back.

4. Obama asks people that support him to give Hillary some money.

She gambled. She lost. She has no right to solicit charity. About the troll thing, I'm not the one calling people ignorant for disagreeing with me.

1. Hillary gives 20 million of her own money to her campaign.

2. Hillary loses the nomination.

3. Hillary wants the money she spent on herself, back.

4. Obama asks people that support him to give Hillary some money.

She gambled. She lost. She has no right to solicit charity. About the troll thing, I'm not the one calling people ignorant for disagreeing with me.

You might not agree with Obama's decision, but whats immoral or illegal about it? The people know full well that they're donating to clinton.

You might not agree with Obama's decision, but whats immoral or illegal about it?

Using your own good image to solicit charity for someone that does not deserve it - that is immoral.

Free Thinker, if you don't think she deserves money, don't send her money. It's that simple.

Who are you to say that others can't if they want to?

If this is a result of poor financial planning on Clinton's behalf that results in the need for Obama to help her raise money to pay off those she owes, I'm glad she didn't win. Would suck to have someone with bad financial planning as president.

But I don't see anything wrong with what Obama is doing. I probably wouldn't be doing it were I in Obama's shoes, but there's no deceit and he's free to do that kind of thing if he wants.

If this is a result of poor financial planning on Clinton's behalf that results in the need for Obama to help her raise money to pay off those she owes, I'm glad she didn't win. Would suck to have someone with bad financial planning as president.

It's not really bad financial planning, it's just what happens in a close race...if she had won, then she'd be flush with cash right now, and possibly helping Obama pay off his debt.

This is an epic thread!!!

Q) How many liberals will it take to figure out why Hussein Obama is paying off Hillary's debt?

A) None, they're too stupid to figure it out.

Blackmail. Pay off her debt, and the Clinton machine calls off the dogs, at least for now. All these media tidbits causing Hussein Obama grief are coming from the Clintons.

Hillary never surrendered her delegates, Bill hasn't really given Hussein Obama a glowing endorsement, and you can bet once her debt is clear, the dirty tricks will once again surface.

Party unity my a$$, if Hussein Obama wins, Hillary will never get her chance.

Can't wait for the Democratic National Convention!!!

I have donated $300 to Obama. I don't appreciate the money I put in for HIS campaign to pay off the debt of a woman who CHOSE to stay in the race as long as she did and who earned over $100 MILLION since her husband left office. I find this unacceptable.

Back
Top Bottom