• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hillary will run again in 2020

That'll be something to ponder if/when Hillary declares her candidacy. Until then...meh....

It is going to be a major mistake for Democrats to put up Hillary again no matter what happens within the Republican Party, all it will result in is two narcissistic aristocratic assholes fighting it out much to the detriment of the nation.

It is going to be a major mistake for Democrats to put up Hillary again no matter what happens within the Republican Party, all it will result in is two narcissistic aristocratic assholes fighting it out much to the detriment of the nation.

IF Clinton runs again in the primaries, i would be a huge error and i do not think she would get the nomination, One key to her nomination in 2016 was her virtual domination of black democrats especially in southern states with large black populations. I would be shocked if she had that section of the party all to herself next time. Take that away and she only has left the suburban older white woman types who want a woman president above all else. And with Warren and others in the race, that is the other section that will not go her way either like it did in 2016. In short - her two biggest areas of support will not be there for her in 2020 like they were in 2016.

I have been a Joe Biden advocate as well as a Bernie supporter but with each passing week I am shifting my beliefs to a new younger fresher face. The strongest possibility in that regard is Beto O'Rourke of Texas. Had he won the Senate seat, the Dem nomination would be a virtual lock for 2020. He narrowly lost in a deep red state so if he can gain early traction in places like Iowa - he really has a chance and I would expect lots in the party to get on board and give him a real shot at being the nominee.

The second time was the charm for Richard Nixon.

So maybe Ms. Hillary will actually win this time.

Yes, she is not a very nice person.

But many people dislike President Trump even more.

Besides, in 2020 I have no doubt that more ineligible voters will be casting votes.

It seems that any Democrat will win. So maybe many Democrats will take pity on the elderly lady and let her have her last hurrah.

GFwQ7b.gif

I don't think she will. Even though she was more popular than Trump and got more votes than him, I don't think she will want to do it all over again being 4 years older, and I don't think the Dem party will want her to run again.

My guess a left wing Celebrity like Oprah or George Clooney will run.
I hope Michelle Obama!

Hillary in the House! Hillary in the White House! Hillary in the House! Hillary in the White House!

if we thought the left wing was absolutely stupid before...now they are just ludicrous. after that idiot lost the election, the lefts excuse was "we picked the wrong person to run".

The previous post applies, here.

The Democrats need to run someone who can win. This is much, much more important than her ego.

The Democrats need to run someone who can win. This is much, much more important than her ego.

But...she gets things done and fund raises well (Pelosi reference).

There are plenty of dems who'll support another run for president by Hillary. She's a woman, you know. She'd be the first...idiot president.

Hillary in the House! Hillary in the White House! Hillary in the House! Hillary in the White House!

we had that for 8 years-that was more than enough

Democrats need to think electorally for 2020. Who can win in the heartland? Maybe pick up some southern states? I keep seeing coastals claiming they want to run and I dont know if they can. Sure they will win the popular vote by 10 million but they wont get the needed states. Even though dems prevailed in midterms way too many races were too close for comfort. They need someone likeable that can blow the opposition out of the water.

Hillary doesn't have to win. She still gets political contributions. She can legally architect the money to buy lots of favors.

Democrats need to think electorally for 2020. Who can win in the heartland? Maybe pick up some southern states? I keep seeing coastals claiming they want to run and I dont know if they can. Sure they will win the popular vote by 10 million but they wont get the needed states. Even though dems prevailed in midterms way too many races were too close for comfort. They need someone likeable that can blow the opposition out of the water.

Just abolish the Electoral College and what the coastals want, the coastals get. The rest of the country will become inconsequential.

Back
Top Bottom