• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hillary should be in jail.

Greg Jarrett? Really? Come on, where is John Solomon? Bring out all of the clowns!

Greg Jarrett? Really? Come on, where is John Solomon? Bring out all of the clowns!
Biden thinks he is Senator of Delaware, so he'll dress in his clown suit.

That’s the best you got? Trump’s DOJ and DOS both cleared Hillary but here you are begging.

In the 90s, it used to be taught to students that "Ignorance of the law is no excuse." Apparently now, you have to intend to break the law. I am not sure where that concept came from or if it was always used and not taught in school. If we use the intent clause, I think Hillary was too ignorant of what she was doing to actually mean to break a law (That she may or may not have known existed and may or may not have known applied to her).

The closest law she broke was the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA), which prohibits, among other things, the theft of data. If we use "ignorance of the law is no excuse," and we assume that at least one file on her private email server was on the server -at the time when it was classified, and not based on the declassified status it later became- then she is guilty of breaking the act. If she needs to have intent in breaking it, no, she has not committed a crime.

That’s the best you got? Trump’s DOJ and DOS both cleared Hillary but here you are begging.
There was no Trump's DOJ. The entire government is now filled with progressive assassins who hate conservatives.

The closest law she broke was the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA), which prohibits, among other things, the theft of data.

18 U.S.C. § 793 Subsection F:

Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense, (1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust

If we use "ignorance of the law is no excuse," and we assume that at least one file on her private email server was on the server -at the time when it was classified, and not based on the declassified status it later became- then she is guilty of breaking the act. If she needs to have intent in breaking it, no, she has not committed a crime.

Intent isn't needed in violation to 18 U.S.C. § 793 Subsection F.

Also, as being Secretary of State, she was required to sign a statement to the handling of confidential material. So to say she didn't know, isn't accurate.

Is any of this actually a crime that she could be jailed for?

Sure, if it's as portrayed, it's shady as **** and underhanded...but is it illegal?

Edit: To expand on that, it's my opinion that the media orgs who ran with a story should be held to account if they didn't check their sources well enough.
They should operate under the expectation that politicians will lie to them, and investigate accordingly.

Edit 2: How to hold them to account though, that is a question.
I suppose in the end it's up to their consumers to do so, but I'm not sure how effective that is.
The Mark, it is readily apparent that the usual suspects at CNN and MSNBC as well as the NY Times and WaPo, just to name a few are in bed with the Democrats. they covered the "Russian Collusion" ruse breathlessly 24/7 and made it like a blockbuster primetime series and spoke as if everything about Trump colluding was true, putting the nation through at least two years of grief. When it was over, the lead investigator, Weissman was pissed that some in the news said Trump was exonerated because they found no evidence of collusion and made sure the press reported it right which was that he, Weissman said Trump wasn't cleared of obstruction. He felt invoking executive privilege was obstruction when all other presidents have done the same, and obstruction of an investigation into a crime he didn't commit. The FBI wasn't looking for Russian Collusion because they all know Hillary and Perkins Coie and knew he didn't do it. This gave them license to investigate Trump for anything and everything and allowed them to spy on Trump and look into everything about his personal life and presidency.

This isn't so much about Hillary but about what the FBI, CIA, and DHS knew it was false and pretended it was true (collusion). Hillary was talking about a Russian server in 2017, AFTER Trump was in office. She knew it was false because she made it up. I think that is treasonous as well as Clapper and Brenna being on CNN and talking about collusion, knowing it was false. these are treasonous traitors with a direct link to the press, ordering them how to spin it.

The Mark, it is readily apparent that the usual suspects at CNN and MSNBC as well as the NY Times and WaPo, just to name a few are in bed with the Democrats. they covered the "Russian Collusion" ruse breathlessly 24/7 and made it like a blockbuster primetime series and spoke as if everything about Trump colluding was true, putting the nation through at least two years of grief. When it was over, the lead investigator, Weissman was pissed that some in the news said Trump was exonerated because they found no evidence of collusion and made sure the press reported it right which was that he, Weissman said Trump wasn't cleared of obstruction. He felt invoking executive privilege was obstruction when all other presidents have done the same, and obstruction of an investigation into a crime he didn't commit. The FBI wasn't looking for Russian Collusion because they all know Hillary and Perkins Coie and knew he didn't do it. This gave them license to investigate Trump for anything and everything and allowed them to spy on Trump and look into everything about his personal life and presidency.

This isn't so much about Hillary but about what the FBI, CIA, and DHS knew it was false and pretended it was true (collusion). Hillary was talking about a Russian server in 2017, AFTER Trump was in office. She knew it was false because she made it up. I think that is treasonous as well as Clapper and Brenna being on CNN and talking about collusion, knowing it was false. these are treasonous traitors with a direct link to the press, ordering them how to spin it.
That isn't treason.
Treason is VERY narrowly defined in the USA. Unless you actively support and help an enemy of the USA wage war against it, you're not committing treason.

Assuming things are as you describe, I think the most that could happen would be for Trump or others affected by this to sue Clinton for defamation or something, although I'm not sure of the details.

And for the mentioned various officials who you claim knew it was a lie and didn't deny it, there's probably getting fired and maybe charges, but I don't know what the details of those would be either.

That isn't treason.
Treason is VERY narrowly defined in the USA. Unless you actively support and help an enemy of the USA wage war against it, you're not committing treason.

Assuming things are as you describe, I think the most that could happen would be for Trump or others affected by this to sue Clinton for defamation or something, although I'm not sure of the details.

And for the mentioned various officials who you claim knew it was a lie and didn't deny it, there's probably getting fired and maybe charges, but I don't know what the details of those would be either.
I think it is a crime to knowingly pursue and affirm a false narrative against a sitting president that you know to be false based on your superior knowledge and current or former position in the government. Hillary did not do this alone.

18 U.S.C. § 793 Subsection F:

Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense, (1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust

Intent isn't needed in violation to 18 U.S.C. § 793 Subsection F.

Also, as being Secretary of State, she was required to sign a statement to the handling of confidential material. So to say she didn't know, isn't accurate.
Unless she signed a paper without looking at the information. In which case, we have a bigger problem.

Also, nice lookup :)
CFAA I was talking more about the security breach she caused by putting the data on her private server. So I think both are valid.

I think it is a crime to knowingly pursue and affirm a false narrative against a sitting president that you know to be false based on your superior knowledge and current or former position in the government. Hillary did not do this alone.
It's not treason unless you aid and abet an enemy of the -United States-. So the only way for that to be treason was if Trump was a verified enemy the US and the false narrative was somehow helping him. You can see why Trump did not want to touch that one even though he talked a big game.

And lying in the media is not illegal unless it's slander/libel. But here's the thing, to be held civilly liable for that, you would have to prove you didn't actually believe the things you said. Both Trump and Hillary are more than capable of deluding themselves that their brand of propaganda are true.

You should join me in the thread about the southern Baptists keeping a Secret rape list and trying to get some girls to get abortions.

I have only three words, which you've heard before, I'm sure.

LOCK HER UP!

It's not treason unless you aid and abet an enemy of the -United States-. So the only way for that to be treason was if Trump was a verified enemy the US and the false narrative was somehow helping him. You can see why Trump did not want to touch that one even though he talked a big game.

And lying in the media is not illegal unless it's slander/libel. But here's the thing, to be held civilly liable for that, you would have to prove you didn't actually believe the things you said. Both Trump and Hillary are more than capable of deluding themselves that their brand of propaganda are true.
They ALL knew it w2as a lie and went ahead with two years of a special counsel which allowed them to spy on Trump. Senators, congresspeople, the FBI, and the CIA, all of them KNEW it was false information, including the Special Counsel, who was set up only to see what ELSE they could get on him.

Mikhail Manafort

Back
Top Bottom