• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Hillary Refuses to Debate Bernie Sanders

The only point I made was in correcting your false statement that the CA DEM primary is closed, since you made an all-inclusive statement that the CA primary is closed, which I previously quoted.

Thanks for making my point that the media isn't going out of its way to inform the public.

Did you mean that the media isn't pointing out that the CA GOP primary is closed, as in CLOSED to INDYs, but that the CA DEM primary is modified, as in OPEN to INDYs?

You're obviously underestimating the intelligence of INDYs in CA to know their primary rules, which only allow INDYs to vote in the DEM primary, NOT the closed GOP primary .

So Hillary refuses to to what she claimed is the obligation of a presidential candidate... Why are her supporters so forgiving of her broad hypocrisy? It seems that she has changed a great deal and I can't attribute it to personal growth. Failure to achieve the nomination is one thing, and you can learn from your mistakes. A polar reversal on hot button issues and debates is confusing to voters in the general election... so it seems like the nomination of HRC is just a matter of convenience to the establishment and nothing more. Is the so called "Hillary for Victory" slogan based on a fight, or a shoo-in?

I think we deserve a little more conviction from our politicians.

Hillary will win the presidency. I know she is hated by some but those "some" think their hate for her is worth more than one vote. It is not. Neither does real or imaginary flaws change anything. Try to get this. SHE HAS THE VOTES!

The only question about this election is the down ballot influence and how much the Libertarian party can edge into the Republican party. I love it :)

Hillary Clinton snubbed Bernie to having a debate in the days leading up to California Primary (the largest by far in the country). Her main reason being that she has locked up the Democratic nomination and that a debate with Bernie is pointless.

Here's the two main reasons I feel its still worth supporting Bernie Sanders:

Bernie has won 11 of the past 14 primaries and has won a majority of the delegates over the past couple of months.

Bernie continues to poll better in a general election against Trump by a long-shot. He is still beating Trump by double digits in almost every major national poll. On the other hand Hillary is tied with, or losing to Trump in almost every major national poll.

I feel that if Hillary is the candidate she will lose the Democratic nomination.

That shows she has a brain. She's sewn up the nomination practically. There's no point. It's time consuming, expensive, and just a show at this stage. Bernie has points to gain...more to add to his brand, hopefully get more donations, getting more press.

Looks like he's going to debate Trump, now.

Is there anyone else he's going to ask to debate? Obama? Biden? McConnell? Paul Ryan?

It shows that with regards to debating Bernie she's a pragmatic albeit egregiously hypocritical coward (given her insistence that one should be willing to debate "anytime, anywhere"); one whose calculated decision not to debate Bernie may ultimately end up doing more harm to her than good; I can only hope.

Hillary Clinton snubbed Bernie to having a debate in the days leading up to California Primary (the largest by far in the country). Her main reason being that she has locked up the Democratic nomination and that a debate with Bernie is pointless.

Here's the two main reasons I feel its still worth supporting Bernie Sanders:

Bernie has won 11 of the past 14 primaries and has won a majority of the delegates over the past couple of months.

Bernie continues to poll better in a general election against Trump by a long-shot. He is still beating Trump by double digits in almost every major national poll. On the other hand Hillary is tied with, or losing to Trump in almost every major national poll.

I feel that if Hillary is the candidate she will lose the Democratic nomination.

All campaigns (maybe Trump's notwithstanding) hire expensive campaign directors and strategists to maximize the chance of victory. No campaign is concerned about fairness; they are concerned about winning (but, usually by following the rules). That is the American way.

Just as no decent football coach (one that wants to keep his job anyway) is going to be throwing the football when up by two touchdowns late in the 4th quarter, no decent campaign manager is going allow their candidate an opportunity to lose an election that is won. Each will seek to run out the clock, much to the frustration of the losing team.

Back
Top Bottom