• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hillary Presidency Would Be Like Dilma Rousseff's

And Trump is not? He is the poster child for corporatist America... born with a silver spoon in his mouth and staying that way despite multiple bankruptcies..

Huh? Are you under the impression that attacking Hillary for being horribly corrupt is somehow an endorsement for Donald Trump? I wouldn't expect a European to think in such a binary manner.

There is no question that Clinton is a lousy choice. The thing is, she seems to be the lesser lousy.

Choosing the lesser evil is what has gotten our nation in the situation we find ourselves in. The two ruling parties are private organizations and have an absolute stranglehold on our political system and no matter how astronomically low their approval rating drops they still retain 99.9% of the power. This is not a democracy.

It is a democratic Republic.

Anyone who does not like the fact that "they" "have a stranglehold on power"...should start another party and break the stranglehold.

Huh? Are you under the impression that attacking Hillary for being horribly corrupt is somehow an endorsement for Donald Trump? I wouldn't expect a European to think in such a binary manner.

Choosing the lesser evil is what has gotten our nation in the situation we find ourselves in. The two ruling parties are private organizations and have an absolute stranglehold on our political system and no matter how astronomically low their approval rating drops they still retain 99.9% of the power. This is not a democracy.

It seems good that parties be private organizations of the citizens. That is how it should be in democracies with free association. That the citizens do not get their act together and choose candidates like these two is another matter and one that every dissatisfied citizen is responsible for changing. But complaining is not going to save us from the mess we now are in. We can try voting independent. But that will require getting out there and putting in an effort.

Thanks for the link.

If Hillary were elected to the presidency, she'd barely squeak through at best, and hers would be a weak presidency dogged by scandal and tremendous unpopularity right from the start. We can see what happened in Brazil's recent elections, where the Left-wing Dilma Rousseff barely made it through to win the presidency, and we can see how fragile and scandal-ridden her govt was. Now it's predictably ended with her impeachment. What are the opinions on how a Clinton presidency would end? I think it would end just like Rousseff's.

My guess is that she would end in a second term.

Her and her husband should make a good team.

Corporations bad ,Government good.

People who are critical in their thinking and study history know the opposite to be more true.

Agreed. All the more reason to Give Trump a Chance! ;)

It is a democratic Republic.

Anyone who does not like the fact that "they" "have a stranglehold on power"...should start another party and break the stranglehold.

Way too easy for you to say. The Power and Corruption is vast and a third party candidate doesn't stand a chance in Hell.

The USA is on a downward slide....to oblivion. It's been a great ride.......

And your support of a Clinton...is pathetic beyond words!

It seems good that parties be private organizations of the citizens. That is how it should be in democracies with free association. That the citizens do not get their act together and choose candidates like these two is another matter and one that every dissatisfied citizen is responsible for changing. But complaining is not going to save us from the mess we now are in. We can try voting independent. But that will require getting out there and putting in an effort.

Trump supporters are doing their best to save America.....but there are so many apathetic bastards in this country, who don't care anything about politics, that we are eventually doomed to destroy ourselves from within.

Corporations bad ,Government good.

People who are critical in their thinking and study history know the opposite to be more true.

You got it!

Way too easy for you to say. The Power and Corruption is vast and a third party candidate doesn't stand a chance in Hell.

Then the complainers should stop their complaining...because if you are correct, there is no solution.

The USA is on a downward slide....to oblivion. It's been a great ride.......

History indicates that all countries...no matter how mighty at any particular time...eventually run out of fuel.

Whether it is soon...or some time in the not too near future...we almost certainly will eventually cease to be the dominant power we are.

And your support of a Clinton...is pathetic beyond words!

Really!

Did you get that from on high...or is it an insight of someone high?

Trump supporters are doing their best to save America

Oh, my aching sides. You are a great joker...I'll give you that.

Then the complainers should stop their complaining...because if you are correct, there is no solution.

History indicates that all countries...no matter how mighty at any particular time...eventually run out of fuel.

Whether it is soon...or some time in the not too near future...we almost certainly will eventually cease to be the dominant power we are.

Really!

Did you get that from on high...or is it an insight of someone high?

Oh, my aching sides. You are a great joker...I'll give you that.

I agree with your first two comments.

If you aren't for Hillary, you are for Bernie(just as bad):roll:

We Trump supporters want anyone who isn't a career politician.......I say Give Trump a Chance, if he turns into a turd...boot him in 4.

Hillary is a known.....and represents more corrupt politics as usual. Plus she is very anti-gun, because like all despots, realizes an armed populace, is harder to control.

Last edited:
Nonsense, tell this to the Pinkertons and Carnegie Steel or the dumpers of toxic waste or the special interests hiding GMOs.

Pawn to rook 3 . Weak
Venezuela->pawn to king 4.
BOOM!

Pawn to rook 3 . Weak
Venezuela->pawn to king 4.
BOOM!

What do you mean?

This is a chess analogy.

What does this have to do with Venezuela or my point?

If you aren't for Hillary, you are for Bernie(just as bad):roll:

I'm for Hillary, Mickey. I'd settle for Bernie...although I think he would lose to Trump.

I want very much for Trump not to be elected (I think he would be an embarrassment)...IF HE IS...I will support him and wish him the best of luck in leading the US to peace and prosperity.

We Trump supporters want anyone who isn't a career politician.......I say Give Trump a Chance, if he turns into a turd...boot him in 4.

I suppose you want your next heart or brain operation to be performed by someone who is not a career surgeon also.

I know the idea of "someone who isn't a career politician" has superficial appeal, but it makes as much sense as using your mailman to perform your surgery.

Hillary is a known.....and represents more corrupt politics as usual. Plus she is very anti-gun, because like all despots, realizes an armed populace, is harder to control.

I think Hillary will make a fine president if elected...and I expect her to be elected.

Yes I know all politicians are BS'ers, but the Office demand some level of integrity. Neither Trump nor Clinton are above that line.

Back
Top Bottom